TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 242 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: 2012 Pre-season testing
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:20 am 

Where's the Iceman writing? :( Having your own nickname marked onto your helmet I've always found is only done by douchebags (Liuzzi case in point). Then there is the fact it's tattooed onto his arm, which (imo) puts him into the mega-douche category. Without starting a flaming war on your return, ...

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:39 am 

Back on the subject of Amazing last laps, I'll always remember Villenueve's kamakazi attempt at Irvine at the final hairpin on the last lap. Murray Walker's commentary sticks in my mind too "And diving down the inside...VILLENUEVE! LOOK AT VILLENUEVE!! OHHH HE'S OFF! OFF! VILLENUEVE OFF! Thoug...

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:16 am 

I was a big Grosjean supporter. I actually think he has an enormous amount of potential. But there comes a point where one has to say we have had 15 races this season and you still haven't sorted yourself out. Sort it out or we will sort it for you. When you make Maldonado and Andrea DeCesaris look ...

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:14 am 

Yes the racing has been great this year. BUT we complain about the tracks because every track after Sepang that Tilke has designed looks pretty much exactly the same and has zero characteristics. Even Turkey has the same pointless sequence of corners as all his other tracks after turn 1 to 8. Sepang...

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:25 am 

Well I would rather what they did here than what they did in Austria 2002. There seems to be quite alot of idealists on these pages. Yes Alonso hasn't been at his best the last couple of races, but he is the one who has the chance of winning the WDC not Massa. The team would be complete morons if th...

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:04 am 

Was looking through the F1 archives and if Alonso had scored just 11 more points in his career he would have been a 5 times world champion instead of a two time world champion. Pointless fact I know because it is IF he scored, but just saying...

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:03 pm 

And why Alonso is seen as a bad guy? Well here's few reasons to begin with: - he's not taking any responsibility when he makes a mistake (incident with Kimi at Suzuka) - he's always demanded number one status in any given team (didn't get that from McLaren and was occasionally beaten by a rookie) -...

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:46 am 

Their main argument was that it was a poor man's Oscherrich ring Modern Spa, Silverstone and Monza are not a shade on the originals either. But if anyone says they are the worst then they're fucking idiots. I know it's an opinion piece really, and I'm banging the same drum yet again - but Autosport...

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:04 pm 

Not motor sport related, but why I love the internet and TBK. Ellis, Kals and myself all typing comments at pretty much the same time on the same topic despite the fact that we are in 3 different continents.

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:17 am 

I say this with all seriousness, but does anyone else think that with the FIA`s attitude with racing in the rain, that the drivers wet weather driving ability is diminishing? I mean it seems that the drivers want to just go flat chat all the time and not drive to the conditions as they did previousl...

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:36 am 

phil1993 wrote:

It is quite funny to think how back in 2010 Mike Gascoyne was confident of beating Lotus by the middle of 2011 :lol:

Gascoyne has to be one of the most over rated and useless designers in F1 history.

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:36 am 

Ok, heres my take on Rush.....seriously who would have ever thought that there would be a fucking major Hollywood movie made about a 1970s F1 rivalry? Anyone..? Not me. So stop complaining.

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:57 am 

Tobias wrote:
not that it is the most anticipated grand prix of the year, but where is the Bahrain GP thread?

Hiding like Jean Todt.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:08 pm 

A thin layer of gravel just after the curbs will stop that. Can still have their precious tarmac, but with a 2 meter strip of gravel before. Cars can still continue in the race if go beyond the gravel strip, but driving wide will actually penalise the drivers.

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:02 am 

I always liked the old system where the races were roughly 2 weeks apart, and seemed to follow a logical progression. Now the scheduling doesn't really make sense, either date wise and logistics wise, it just feels ad hoc.

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:46 am 

Yes but it is very disconcerting when a secondary formula is almost as fast/sometimes faster than participants in the top formula, which suggests that they are wasting their time and don't deserve to be in the top flight when the regulations mean that they should be faster.

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:41 am 

I loved the 1991 - 94 era of cars. To me they looked absolutely taste.

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:18 am 

Am I the only one that thinks Perez hasn't been as bad as everyone has made out? Yes there have been times where he hasn't been as good as he should have been, but he has also had his fair share of bad luck. I think McLaren are using the excuse of this years piece of crap to warrant getting rid of h...

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:06 am 

The FIA needs to take on a different approach to their design rule book. They need to designate certain aspects of the car that have iron clad rule designs, and then let the teams do what ever they want everywhere else. Before everyone jumps up and down about costs, they can set a certain budget cap...

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:20 pm 

I for one actually do care that the cars should look the part, and Scotty the front of that Red Bull looks like an absolute piece of shit. Now if teams came up with this idea completely separate from the FIA limiting what they could do, then I would feel less upset about it, but they haven't. They h...
Page 1 of 13 [ Search found 242 matches ]