TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 242 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:12 pm 

Also, Lance Stroll has damaged the Williams sufficiently to end their running for the day and likely delay tomorrow's running to boot. The writing's on the wall. His spin is here. Vid halfway down the page. https://www.facebook.com/Formula1Portugal/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf Pretty innocuous real...

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:38 am 

The silly season this year has the potential to be quite a good one. Some of my predictions (which lets face it will all probably be wrong!) I've got the feeling that Ricciardo will go. He seems quite bummed out about the car and engine this year. Ferrari would be the best bet. Ferrari are demented ...

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:24 pm 

Oh yes, you can't even compare the Ferrari domination to the Red Bull and Merc years. At least with Red Bull and Merc you got the feeling that either driver could win, but Ferrari was all about Schumi. Hence you got one of the most farcical scenes in F1 in my opinion. Austria 02. And not forgetting ...

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:16 pm 

How on Earth do the FIA give the same penalty to a guy that took 2 other guys out of the race by clearly ballsing up his breaking to a guy that went passed three blue flags??? Also all this talking about ohh Bottas's reaction was 0.201 seconds....well in my book a jump start is you know, when you go...

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:09 pm 

The cynical part of me can't help but feel that they are pushing this through with the veiled implications/atmosphere of this saving Jules in order to try and mask over their own incompetence and neglect in the way they handled the whole situation. The only incident that the Halo might have... might...

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:29 am 

Suzuka 2001 with Kimi and Alesi's accident. Wheels went flying everywhere, went back into the middle of the track.

I kinda feel that this is one of the "forgotten" monstrous shunts in F1. The hit that Kimi took was massive.

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:51 am 

The thing is with Kimi, he has reached the David Coulthard, Mark Webber stage of his career. Doing a serviceable job, able to put in the great race every now and then...but ultimately not really fulfilling the seat he is occupying. No one is saying he has fallen to Joylon Palmer levels of....Palmern...

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:16 am 

https://www.autosport.com/fv8%203.5/news/44390/no-monaco-ban-for-maldonado Had to search a bit to find it. A lot still have the reference to a lifetime ban in it. What is the whole story? Was there ever a life time ban? IIRC he was banned from participating in Monaco for 5 years, then a sizable don...

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:43 am 

Jenson should then correct himself and say that racing Indy Car on ovals is what scares him (I know that we all know that that is what he means) as opposed to Indy Cars scares him. And in regards to loosing 2 of his mates...so did the guys racing Indy Cars, but how many of them called it quits or le...

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:42 am 

All you had to do was see the reaction of everybody in pit lane to tell you who they thought should have won the championship. I agree though it was almost a case of self sabotage from Villeneuve and Williams, and if Schumi wasn't Schumi, especially around this time frame (meaning there always seeme...

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:07 am 

Hartley actually deserves to be on the grid unlike a certain Swede who doesn't even provide the lulz moments. One of the guys who was taking up space is gone, hope the second goes too.

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:02 pm 

The glorious ground shaking rip your face off V10s on the other hand. I remember when I used to go to the Australian GP, the thing that I loved the most was how insane those engines sounded, even when they were bellowing down the straight on the other side of the circuit. The BMW in the Williams was...

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:46 pm 

I really truly thought that Williams in 2014 was on the rise again, a half decent car, best engine, driver in Bottas who was a star in the making. To see Bottas kinda become the new Kimi circa 2014 - present is pretty disappointing, but it is even sadder seeing Williams just go south when they shoul...

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:53 am 

@amq55 Move to Australia, come live with me, then and we can go halves. That's $18 a month. Someone on minimum wage here earns that in about an hour :P I thought there would be more examples, but clearly there isn't. Didn't realise how fortunate I was. I'm still standing by my point though. Motorsp...

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:12 am 

Just curious, how does the WEC mark the grid spots? Do the team members hold the sign for them? Also I think a good idea to replace the grid girls congratulating the drivers up to the podium would be to have a selection of fans doing that. Well, they would have to be well vetted, but that could be c...

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:10 am 

As previuosly mentioned here, if you get the chance to watch the Williams documentary on Netflix, do. It is not a fluff piece that is for sure. Due to his bloody mindlessness Frank Williams sure wouldn't win any father of the year awards. It is pretty confronting and contains a gem of a quote. Inter...

Post subject: Re: F1 Winter Testing 2018
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:26 pm 

McLaren really are taking this whole retro thing seriously. From the orange paint job down to the early 90s level of reliability. Problem is the rest of the field is in current day reliability mode.

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:53 am 

Just watching the Supercars practicing now...and I will say this, turn 1 is almost old school levels of gravel traps. It is thick. And they have got the perfect balance of what we want as fans. The curb, a strip of grass/astroturf and then gravel. Why oh why can't every circuit be the same.

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:55 am 

The waaaaahmbulance looks better than these things.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:00 am 

I've got no problem with pitting under the VSC. The problem that I have is that the pitlane isn't considered part of the track for the VSC meaning drivers can gun it up to the pit entrance line and gun it out of the pits to the pit exit line. Common sense would dictate that the VSC applies to all ar...
Page 5 of 13 [ Search found 242 matches ]