TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 242 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:04 am 

I am a big and firm believer in that F1 should look and sound like the pinnacle of motorsport. Currently in my and lots of people's view it is neither (however cut off the dicks at the end of the noses and the cars would look pretty good.....except for that Caterham). If F1 wants to be road car rele...

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:27 am 

One of the things that pisses me off majorly is the moving of races for European TV times. If European TV ratings are such a big deal, then hold the fucking races in Europe!

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:29 pm 

And the whoring out of F1 continues.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:52 am 

Red Bull's front wing is more like a Lorenea Bobbitt wing. The dick is gone but the balls are still there. Remove the balls from the wing, and the front of that Red Bull is actually a very very nice looking car.

Post subject: Re: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix
Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:47 pm 

I actually find Hamilton is acting like a complete and utter douche. Its this very reason, that despite him being uber talented I don't care much for him. Well, what do you do when you're angry? And you feel robbed, frustrated, impeded - whether it's justified or not? You don't want to talk, you do...

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:46 am 

Its a terrible and despicable thing, but not surprising really. I can't help but feel that if there were more regular or more detailed info about his condition then there would be less incentive for this kind of stuff to happen. Not saying its right, but surprised that it took this long to happen.

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:36 am 

I understand everyone's points, it does remove some character and doesn't punish errors. But I'm on the side of safety. This is the future. If you can't get over that, go watch old tapes and stay there. If people are complaining about the sport being safe enough as it is, it's not. It never is. A s...

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:45 pm 

I hope this incident helps change one aspect in motorsport in America, where it's endemic and almost unique to it: Drivers should NEVER get out of their cars and walk down a live race track to shout and wave their finger at the driver that punted them out. It's never a good idea and this kind of ac...

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:45 am 

But this is the same amazing Chilton who had finished the most consecutive races? ( I seriously don't know if he did or not and don't want to waste my time looking it up, cause really who gives a fuck, more often than not he was last) What on earth is Sky F1 going to talk about now? A travesty, a tr...

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:11 am 

JV is wrong. The rules for getting a superlicense have always been the same, including the time when JV secured his. Why is it now that it is a problem for JV? What devalues F1 or the superlicense is someone coming in, getting the best equipment and endless testing yet stumbling to a world champion...

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:09 am 

It looks like a collection of "greatest hits" of Tilke corners from.....Valencia, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Korea. In other words, its a soulless, bland and boring looking track. I hope I am wrong, cause I am generally excited about new tracks....and then Tilke punches me right in the dick......

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:14 am 

Its a slippery slope if they ban those communications. For example, if the telemetry picks up an inconsistency in say the gearbox and the engineers give a message along the lines of "short shift on all gear changes, or avoid using gear 8" then that is driver coaching is it not? Or how abou...

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:59 am 

This is one of the increasingly number of dumber rules being initiated by the FIA. We are not talking bout two way telemetry here, like we had in the early 00's where by teams could change settings from the pits. This was rightly banned. Every action relating to the car on the track has to be change...

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:48 am 

I have always maintained that the biggest threat to F1 is the fact that for the better part of 10 years the commercial rights of the sport have been controlled by investment firms, out to maximize their profits without actually doing much in the way of contributing to the spectacle of the sport. I l...

Post subject: Re: 2014-2015 Silly Season
Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:26 am 

So well, Ricciardo's stock has risen even more hasn't it? He has pawned a 4 time world champion this year, and has to surely be a contributing factor in Vettel suddenly jumping this year. I can see Vettel's thinking along the lines of this: Newey has gone (well in a very diminished capacity), there ...

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:10 am 

I can understand the broadcasters from not wanting to show vision of the accident until they are certain that everything is ok.....but by not doing so, all they do is perpetuate the rumors and apprehension towards the crash. I'm not saying we need a million replays in super slow mo, but one replay (...

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:54 pm 

About 5 meters further up the road though come on kals......

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:53 pm 

I just can't fathom that in this day and age that a major international sport is holding itself at the absolute mercy of the participating teams. Yes, there needs to be some give and take between the two, but the governing body when driven to the absolute crunch, should be like "Well thse are t...

Post subject: Re: 2014-2015 Silly Season
Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:07 am 

kals wrote:
Alonso being forced into a self-inflicted sabbatical sounds even nicer TBH.

That's what my money is on.

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:55 pm 

kals wrote:
Where are Jean Denis Deletraz and Giovanni Lavaggi when you need them?

I believe Deletraz was driving down to the bank to cash his cheque but his neck gave out after about 10 minutes.
Page 2 of 13 [ Search found 242 matches ]