Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 97 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:08 am 

LucasWheldon wrote:
needs more road courses

Of course they do. Watching these over powered over weight pigs flounder around a good road course is always a recipe for good racing.

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:05 am 

Gotta want to stop first. This is his second go with DUI and I see that the stakes are raised with some righteous Oxy's. Copious booze coupled with lines of opiates is usually a good concoction to hit bottom. I agree that if NASCAR doesn't follow it's own policy with him then they truly are lost. O...

Post subject: Re: 2019 Daytona Speedweeks
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:25 pm 

And how is it that DW, in his dotage, is the only one in the booth to assign blame correctly? It was embarrassing to hear Gordon continually say Paul came down when the onboard showed no such move. Gordon obviously gonna stick up for JJ. Former teammates and best friends. Probably the only reason I...

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:26 pm 

One point of contention: 500-milers wouldn't seem as long if the cars weren't shitty, downforce-diseased turds.

Post subject: Re: Fontana, Myrtle Beach
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:03 pm 

No way they change. Only thing I could see them maybe doing would be to put a plate on them to slow them down further. All I see here is what I saw last year... Just slower. 184 in T1... 20+ mph slower and the race is the same. The cars are junk NASCAR. Splitter, skirts, spoiler... All that shit has...

Post subject: Re: Local Racing Discussion
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:59 am 

Stewy and The Corporate Jet put on a hell of a finish at Malta last night

(swapped to YouTube link)

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:46 pm 

It sucks either way. If they penalize him, it’s a disappointing way to decide the race. If they don’t, the officials are just turning a blind eye to this pathetic form of racing so many of these drivers engage in. The lap before the pass was amazing. Neither driver gave an inch and neither driver di...

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:35 am 

The problem is even when there are good battles, I still can't feel very emotionally invested in the racing when they're like goddamn slot cars and there's only a 4 or 5mph difference between mid-corner speed and top end speed. Nascar will never get the message. They think that big packs equals goo...

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 pm 

It'd be a shame to lose Pocono just because driver just aren't patient enough

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:08 pm 

Another argument for less downforce and higher straightaway speeds: decelerating into corners creates more opportunity to harvest energy for a hybrid system.

Post subject: Re: Daytona Speedweeks 2020
Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:43 pm 

The current ARCA car is absolutely dogshit.

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:14 am 

Fuck Ryan Blaney. Newman had that spot covered and Blaney just dumped him. Filthy and pathetic. I have to take this one back. When FOX showed the replays, you could see Newman's car twitch just a little when Blaney was trying to push him, which got him offset to the right and dragged pinned him bac...

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:34 am 

It's fine, some have experience on iRacing.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:44 pm 

If you asked me to sit down and write every main sponsor from the starting lineup of the 1999 Daytona 500 and match it to driver and number, I can probably do it in about ten minutes. If you asked me to name 20 sponsors from Sunday’s race at homestead without matching it to anything, I probably can’...

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:27 pm 

Brundle’s “x driver owns the corner” bullshit drives me fucking insane. It’s not your goddamn corner if someone is next to you. How else are you supposed to race if the guy in front is just entitled to do whatever the hell he wants just because he’s ahead?

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:16 am 

don't think i've ever posted these over here before, but anyway - scanned some old racing photos last fall from my parents collection Rockingham 1992 (the pit crew challenge tells me it's the fall race, but the 12 car is a Chevy?) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/926267000668446771...

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:11 pm 

I know it’s improved from the worst of the gen 6 days, but I still think the intermediate racing is pretty poor. We’ve gone from shit to meh, in my opinion.
Page 5 of 5 [ Search found 97 matches ]