TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 37 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:25 pm 

Weren't at least three of them caused by Takagi? I don't quite have the time right now to watch that race, but I seem to recall Paul Page and Parker Johnstone getting really annoyed by Tora Takagi's tactics out there that day. Yep, three of them were caused by Takagi. Someone made a nice clip with ...

Post subject: Re: Indycar @ Vegas
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:57 pm 

How is that? It can be because aerodynamics have been developed further than the speeds of the cars since then, meaning the cars will stay bunched up much more. That, combined with the tracks that has been included in the schedule (IMO a heritage from IRL's early years when there weren't many track...

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:57 am 

Joe A wrote:
Yes, it's relevant. Some have searched for this song, which is what ABC used to use for the starting grid introduction for the Indy 500 back in the 90s.

For me, this will always be the ABC Indy 500 theme (even though it's also the theme to a Chuck Norris movie, funny that.)

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:39 pm 

Honestly I think too many people are looking through rose tinted glasses at the mid-90's. There were a lot of races, street, road or oval, that were beat downs without too much racing or passing. This is more from a "look at the car practicing" perspective, whether a car seems impressivel...

Post subject: Re: 2012 Honda Indy Toronto
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:15 am 

Someone earlier said it's not for entertainment... yes it is , in fact, that's exactly what it is . Without the entertainment, there'd be no fans, without the fans, there'd be no Indycars. Careful with where we are going with this... elsewise we'll be getting into Bruton Smith territory and advocat...

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:46 pm 

Oh, and I'm a racing fan. Never a political deal will make me stop being a fan of a series. That's stupid. I guess, even if it *doesn't* become the Tony George show, the sheer bumbling around in handling the firing should be seen as an obviously troubling sign. Randy at least had direction, what is...

Post subject: Re: USAC Racing
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:05 am 

Dan Belcher wrote:
Sprint cars, Silver Crown cars, and Midget cars all have some of the best oval racing on the planet. Unfortunately they have next to zero television coverage.

I miss Thursday / Saturday Night Thunder.

That is all.

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:59 pm 

Bit suspicious that a soon as they come back from that ad break at about 55 mins in, there's a wreck in progress... Cheaters :p Yeah, the coverage was obviously not live or even flag to flag for many of the races back then. At least they actually got the wreck on camera, in the previous Pocono 500 ...

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:14 pm 

The debate is whether we should go all the way to the Arctic / Amazon forest / shale gas... to dig out every last drop and burn it into the atmosphere, worsening the climate and pollution issues, or leave those, reduce consumption and start looking at alternatives right now to prepare for the after...

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:09 am 

ESPN's Sportscenter actually led off with the Indy race. Their highlights of the race included a 1.5 second clip of Dario prerace and then they immediately cut to the crash. I don't even think they mentioned who won. Thank you, standard sports media, for guaranteeing that the only time I see spoile...

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:58 pm 

History? Hosting F1 has nothing to do with history expect in the minds of delusional european fans who still live in days of glory past. Well, history and tradition (along with the excitement of the product) certainly makes a difference if your business model centers around fans paying for races. O...

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:28 pm 

Were you around in 1965? I was around in 1990 when Ribbs ran over a marshal (another incident which really was a pure accident), which is somewhat comparable. I certainly don't remember a vulture media back then instantly proclaiming Ribbs to be guilty of murder. Media was more selective back then,...

Post subject: Re: Fuck you, NASCAR
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:57 pm 

Ratings are up, races are selling out. But that does not make it okay, you say? Tough luck. If you're looking for 100% sporting integrity, you were in the wrong sport since day one. Kind of, the "Chase" format feels a little more contrived artificial then most. NASCAR has a bit of reputat...

Post subject: Re: Fuck you, NASCAR
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:42 am 

You say old fans of the sport wouldn't like the little bit of fighting that happened recently but in the old days, a race without a fight was out of the norm. That may be true at some short track level, but NASCAR fights were relatively rare when I watched them. They happened, of course. Heck NASCA...

Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:51 pm 

I really hate for the safety of all, and the health of the Indycar series. I can pretty much guarantee that Hinch's crash would've been a *much* worse result even 20 years ago, in a world with no SAFER barriers etc. The safety improvements are good news, but it seems like there is more panic than n...

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:42 pm 

Gaara wrote:
"The Dude"
Seriously?

:o

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:41 pm 

With five junior series entered, it makes me wonder why Indy Car isn't racing. The Sonoma people must have a contract prohibiting Indy Car from racing at LS, otherwise it doesn't make sense why they aren't there if all those junior series are. Other away around, I think. Laguna Seca has been tangle...

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:38 am 

Well considering IndyCar does everything they can to avoid that kind of stupidity now. I think they definitely want to avoid a Vegas but I'm sure people aren't unopposed to running Fontana and MIS if the finances make sense, and if the racing can be exciting without being suicidal. Currently, howev...

Post subject: Re: 101st Indianapolis 500
Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:13 pm 

I do agree, but I could imagine not everyone does. F1 and the Indy racing series have always been this way though, especially pre-split days. As the top North American open wheel series, CART used to have a *lot* of drivers with past or future Formula 1 experience, to the point where it sometimes s...

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:14 am 

Can't help but feel a spec series is still the wrong way to go :( Back in the tobacco days, a document leaked out of Penske's racing budget. Roughly $10-$15 million per car per year in the mid 1990s. Nowadays, the top teams reportedly spend -- at the top -- about $8 million a year per car ( source ...
Page 1 of 2 [ Search found 37 matches ]