TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 631 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:26 pm 

There's no need to justify the race, I've already said it was an awesome race. The point being is that we keep bitching about how poor the current races are whereas in actual fact we get racing and overtaking through the field. During the 1989 race, the excitement (other than outside influences and ...

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:17 pm 

Actually Maldonado is a really nice guy. He stopped spontaneously when I asked him for his autograph. Others didnt.

When he puts on the helmet, it is a different story though, lol

Post subject: Re: 2015 IndyCar season
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:07 pm 

How good of a plan is it to stay in Chicago and drive to the Indy 500 on race day? probably not. Indy can be quite heavily congested on race day and the race starts at noon, so that would have to be a very early morning. I stayed in the city and took a cab to the track, that worked great. Avoid usi...

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:25 pm 

coldtyre wrote:
How good of a plan is it to stay in Chicago and drive to the Indy 500 on race day?

'quite heavily congested' is quite the understatement. Make sure you'll get a day or two early - it's fun seeing all the drunk people :p One big campsite.

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:43 pm 

coldtyre wrote:
How good of a plan is it to stay in Chicago and drive to the Indy 500 on race day?

I think you're better off sourcing a hotel near Indianapolis and take a cab ride to the track.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:36 pm 

LOL well I didn't know how long the guy had been in the job, hence the question. There's been similar stuff here with the banks, bad things happen, they got rid of the bosses that were resposible, found a new one who was turning the company around, then another scandal broke (from the same time peri...

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:10 am 

I see pretty much the same cars with a lower, skinnier nose. But to each his own etc.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:00 am 

coldtyre wrote:
Tobias wrote:
the ferraris starting midfield

Did I miss something here?

10 place grid penalty for using a 5th engine.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121451

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:50 am 

The Villeneuve penalty the previous round was just as bad - when was the last time someone got excluded from a race for no slowing under yellows during pracice This is couldn't be more incorrect. Let's get the facts straight rather than take a single instance out of context. JV's penalty was as a r...

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:00 pm 

GP2 and GP3 are freaking junior series. I want to see the best drivers in the best cars do battles. They will by definition not be found in junior series.

Post subject: Re: 2015-2016 Formula E
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:58 pm 

How can Bernie have a pacemaker when we know he doesn't have a heart?

Post subject: Re: 2015-2016 Formula E
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:47 pm 

Disappointed as well, this layout concentrates everything I dislike about badly drawn street circuits. Are you going? I'm trying to get tickets but it seems they're not up yet. Yup same, looking for tickets. Who is going ? :) Still nothing. Is it just me/my browser or is the formula E website a clu...

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:59 pm 

The last lap of that race was the best last lap of that entire season. The last lap at Road America in '96 was a close second though. Seeing Al Jr. blow up in Canada Corner immediately after cutting away from a replay of a flipping car is pretty insane, and Danny Sullivan's "Oh no! Oh no!"...

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:22 pm 

10/10 for it's not grey, silver, white or black

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:16 am 

coldtyre wrote:
I'm nitpicking here, but it would look that little bit cooler with a more elegant nose.

Apparently it is last year's nose; they will be replacing it during the test with something more like the Merc :yes:

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:39 pm 

F1 is a bit like someone you no longer fancy. After a few months away you always come back for a bit.

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:58 pm 

Come to think of it, it's been a long while since we've been able to describe a McLaren as flying.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:57 am 

Wow, spectacular. I had missed your point about ear sensors, I didnt know about that feature but it would be a very good idea indeed. Don't they already use those? Or at least at Indycar they do. If the ear plug sensor goes over some limit, it alerts the race control and medical team about it. I th...

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:35 pm 

That's a meme in the making.

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:51 am 

Have you seen Russian dash cams? That was a very tame move for a Russian.
Page 9 of 32 [ Search found 631 matches ]