TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 549 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:55 pm 

Great discussion. I have only seen the race with half an eye so I can't really add something substantial. I do am trying to imagine what this forum would have been like in '89 and '90 with the Ayrton vs. Alain battles. Pages and pages and pages :p I am so glad we have eventful races and pages of di...

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:15 pm 

Does "awesome" mean "fast enough to win several races and a WDC"? If yes, then Jean Alesi was certainly not. An epic showman with guts though. Hill still was the second best driver of the field to M.Schumacher in the mid-90s after Senna died. And he beat a very, very fast Villene...

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 am 

I think that the forum reactions preferring death to sequels were posted before we knew the extent of her injuries. There could have been worse brain damage, and starting from some point of incapacity it is legitimate to wonder if you'd rather live or die. I read somewhere that in general, even peop...

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:42 am 

Juihi wrote:
Which is a good thing imo

:srscat:

If all the tracks looked like Paul-Ricard, I will simply stop watching any racing except rally and motorcycle road racing. There is no purpose to racing where there is no danger or any sense of speed IMO.

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:28 am 

Jacques never liked the old track. When he first came there in F1 in 1996, he said the track was not wide enough for the speeds they reach, and also that it did not provide as much passing opportunities as it should do on the paper. I think most of us actually agree with that. But we're regretting t...

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:09 pm 

farce of the race

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:25 am 

Drivers like Prost, Senna, Piquet even Mansell in the bygone era and Hamilton and Alonso in this era have key points to them that Schumacher doesn't. They all could out perform their cars, backs against the wall, they don't have the best or even 2nd best car, yet they can still pluck wins and pole ...

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:51 am 

And the Kartikheyan/Villeneuve fight

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:03 pm 

INDYCAR NON-STOP

yeah...

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:33 pm 

That post takes the cake

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:04 pm 

Pablomartino wrote:
Anyone knows which public TV in France broadcast live the F1? I'll be without internet and only with french TV on the telly... :(

TF1, race only.

Eurosport France for qualy (cable TV though)

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:32 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n5LIIYo0ts

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:40 pm 

Interested in seeing where Hamilton will take the Mercedes next year in terms of pure speed. He may get something out of it (like Alonso with the Ferrari) as they've been consistently in the top ten qualifiers this year with a good but not exceptional pair of drivers. Joe Saward Perhaps Mercedes wil...

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 pm 

http://wtf1.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Sebastian-Vettel.jpg Could we please stop using this picture which is old, unfunny, outdated and incredibly ugly; yet it's still brought up every time Vettel wins something (which is an amazingly frequent occurence in F1) Of course this is a free forum a...

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:20 am 

Paul Ricard of The Americas

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:17 pm 

a7b7u wrote:
Let's say his legend was freezed by his death as he had no "opportunity" to dismantle his own monument later in his career/life with any sort of mistakes or scandals.

*coughcoughcough*Schumi*coughcough*

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:47 pm 

Have you tried e-mailing the FOM or the FIA?

If it's a professional demand (degree/thesis is close enough) then you might get some directions.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:26 pm 

It seems that Bernie is trying to get a race in France to replace New Jersey. Then he should pay for it. If the state coughs out a single euro, people will riot in the streets, and the gov can't afford that as they're already on thin ice on so much more important subjects right now. It could have g...

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:07 pm 

Maybe the many changes of regulations and team names after almost 15 years of stability? You should also try to compare it with general motorsport popularity if you can find anything on that. With the current context (environmental concerns, economic crisis...) motorsports may have less positive rec...

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:13 pm 

In my opinion, Interlagos has character because of the fans and the closeness to central Sao Paulo. Not because the pit straight is narrow and lined with concrete. Well, that narrowness and concrete wall proximity is what allows the fans to be that close and create the atmosphere in the first place...
Page 2 of 28 [ Search found 549 matches ]