TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 186 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:36 pm 

First glimpse, I was like "hey that car looks pretty cool."
Then I saw the ice cream and it has ruined it forever.

Post subject: Re: Speedweeks 2017
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:49 am 

It's essentially ARCA offering a cost-effective standardized engine to the teams that want to use it. Here's a couple pro articles about it (cheaper, more equal competition) http://www.arcaracing.com/articles/2000248-arca-ilmore-396-year-two-historic-first-year-what-will-year-two-look-like http://ww...

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:34 am 

A stupid finish to cap off a stupid race that capped off a stupid weekend that showcased stupid rule changes. Very appropriate.

Post subject: Re: Cup/Xfinity @ Las Vegas
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:04 am 

That shot from turn 3 looking straight down the backstretch pissed me off. Busch straight up bodyslammed Logano. Yeah he was getting pinned in, but that's just smart racing by the 2 and 22. Nothing dirty about it. Body slamming someone out of your way? That's cheap. Logano had to enter the corner mo...

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:07 pm 

Yes, they are rerouting the air intakes through the sidepods for the 2018 car.

Post subject: Re: Cup/Trucks @ Kansas
Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:31 pm 

http://img.fark.net/images/cache/850/2/2r/fark_2r-lFL72fmPvUhhVO39EFw9iccA.jpg?t=G1iDR6bQvxh5xe9bNKEozA&f=1495425600 Hadn't seen any camera angles from here... Didn't realize how much air Danica got when she hit the wall. Image won't load directly, so I went to the Fark thread and found it and ...

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:13 am 

Here's how NASCAR has changed in a nutshell...
1987 - Pass in the grass
2017 - Bullshitass splitter digging in the grass

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:37 am 

This track is fucking trash.

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:23 am 

I mean it doesn't really look that different from an Indy Lights car Well, they do share the same tub... :p FWIW, I think the car is a huge aesthetic improvement over the original DW12 or the aero kit versions. The large ramps in front of the rear wheels aren't great, but they aren't horrible like ...

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:50 am 

YlJmR7oxTOY What's the story behind this? It looks like some sort of large speedway in the 80s or 90s. I looked up Phil (or Phillip) Ross on Racing-Reference and Ultimate Racing History and got nothing, which leads me to believe that it can't have been in any of the major NASCAR series or the main ...

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:53 pm 

This track really shows off just how insanely aero-dependent these cars are. You can't be within the same zip code as another car and still make it through the turn. Why the fuck haven't they done anything to reduce the flat right side of the car and get these things higher up off the racetrack?

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:24 pm 

Need dry weather? Have F1 come to town! Need rain? Have NASCAR come to town! It's almost as certain as death and taxes.

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:10 am 

Jesus Christ I hate Denny Hamlin.

Why is it drivers have zero respect for each other and clean racing anymore? Nobody can do a gentle tap on the bumper to loosen somebody up but give them a chance to fight for the position. They just bodyslam each other out of the way or wreck each other.

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:35 am 

That's awesome. Good luck Zippy!

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:25 pm 

Was out last night, didn't see the race. Thanks to Youtube I just saw the crashes from the Truck race. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great work Zippy

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:27 pm 

IndyCar engine development agreement, new formula coming . Honda and Chevy are dialing back what they are allowed to change on the engines to save costs since they are going to a new formula around 2020. According to Jay Frye, "Everybody wants more power, so that's what we're working on giving...

Post subject: Re: Speedweeks 2018
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:54 pm 

This ticker taking up like 65% of the screen makes me want to punch somebody.

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:11 pm 

God does it ever. The yellow line rule is such a crock of shit. Hey, you wanna know what makes for a good out of bounds? Grass.

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:26 pm 

I've never really minded having to wait for a few moments for the ticker to scroll by if I wanted to see where a specific driver was. I care more about seeing the on-track action than I care about seeing the numbers. That's one reason why I complain about grass and gravel being paved over and compla...

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:14 pm 

Two points. 1) I'm glad Rossie didn't get an avoidable contact penalty. I get frustrated with how often penalties are thrown around in F1. It feels like drivers are afraid to attempt a pass sometimes because they're so afraid they might get penalized. 2) That was a phenomenal race. For the first tim...
Page 4 of 10 [ Search found 186 matches ]