It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 187 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: 2019 Daytona Speedweeks
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:49 pm 

I got Bubba Wallace. Meh.

FHgrad99 wrote:
I got Ryan Newman as my Random Fantasy Racing pick for the Daytona 500.

And that destroyed the front end of FHgrad99's pick. (Am I doing this right?)

Post subject: Re: 2019 Daytona Speedweeks
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:50 pm 

Fuck every single person in that race except for Chase Elliott. He was the only person who had anything resembling a desire to actually race.

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:09 pm 

NASCAR: hmm what happens if we use air ducts and gigantic spoilers to create a huge wake in the air Cars That Rely On Clean Air To Create Downforce And Turn: *handle like crap in dirty air* NASCAR: https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/027/475/Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:58 pm 

Fabs wrote:
Also can't wait to read complaints about F1 again this weekend.

2 minutes before a GP: "Oh boy! F1! I can't wait!"
2 laps into the GP: "Fucking F1!"

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:24 pm 

People are just driving anywhere that is paved, including both running wide outside of corners by a mile AND cutting inside the curbs on the inside. This is stupid. I really, really hate paved runoff areas.

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:01 pm 

Sorry to hear that, hope everything's okay man.

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:20 pm 

Some announcements from NASCAR today: NASCAR will disqualify race winners with major rules violations . Finally! They're sticking with group qualifying in 2019 despite it being fucking lame. Gen 7 car planned for 2021 Daytona 500. New engines for 2022. The new bullshit drafting package is closer to ...

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:26 pm 

micha wrote:
Gaara wrote:
Patrick Head returns to help Williams

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... wYD7N.html

and how will this help them?

Clearly they're trying to get ahead of the competition.

I'll show myself out...

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:00 pm 

It's like when someone says "it's hard to pass" a lot of people interpret that as the person saying "it is quite literally impossible to pass" so they can be like "but Driver X went from the back to the front, therefore it is possible to pass!" Nobody fucking said it's ...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:00 pm 

Every time I watch an older clip or race with Benny Parsons commentating, I'm still blown away by how damn good he was. Amazing voice, knowledgeable, funny, and genuinely a fan of the sport. When you grow up listening to him every week, it's easy to lose perspective.

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:49 am 

Post subject: Re: 103rd Indianapolis 500
Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:21 pm 

Whoa, huge crash for Pato O'Ward. Bigtime air, almost flipped.

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:04 pm 

Restarts were batshit insane for the most part, several "how did they not wreck???" moments on those first couple laps. Then once they got single file things spread out BIGTIME. Someone cut a tire and left debris on track for a late caution, and the final restart with 3 to go was actually ...

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:36 pm 

Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:59 pm 

Why oh why they didn't just stick with the windscreen? Now how's the drivers' vision NOT blocked compared to halo, which was a problem for ovals before? :yuk: Per this article : “One of the options was to, and this was Dallara’s suggestion, just to go to the regular FIA Halo,” Belli continued. “So ...

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:28 am 

Very entertaining race. What was the deal with the field not packing up before the pits were opened under yellow though? Sounds like that really changed the order of the field.

Post subject: Re: rate f1
Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:58 am 

There's a difference in the loudness of the engines versus the tone of them. The old CART era 2.65l turbo V8s are the best sounding engines ever to me, and they actually not very loud.

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:37 pm 

The first time a manufacturer tried working together more, they realized it's super effective, so now they all bandwagoned on. It's bullshit, fucking ruining the fun of plate racing.

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:19 pm 

The problem is even when there are good battles, I still can't feel very emotionally invested in the racing when they're like goddamn slot cars and there's only a 4 or 5mph difference between mid-corner speed and top end speed.

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:09 pm 

There's a big difference between knocking someone out of the way or even spinning them out for payback, versus the bullshit we just saw there.
Page 6 of 10 [ Search found 187 matches ]