TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:11 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 187 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:56 pm 

For some reason, that name instantly makes me think of old TNN broadcasts and Eli Gold saying "For you Hut Stricklin fans..." after reporting he's back out of the garage after making repairs and is 39 laps down or something. I literally have no idea why my brain makes that association, but...

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:01 pm 

When PAUL TRACY of all people says you need to be suspended for bad driving causing a crash, you know you done fucked up.

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:50 pm 

Why did Pocono decide to move the inside wall so much closer to the track anyway? I understand that the safety needed upgrading, and that the old inside wall could still be brutal (Elliott Sadler/Steve Park), but having it so close to the track is just asking cars to be fired back into the racing l...

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:25 pm 

That was peak F1 TV directing. They ALWAYS cut to the crowd or the mechanics during the middle of everything. It's fucking frustrating.

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:42 pm 

Gaara wrote:
10 sec stop/go for Kimi for starting on the wrong tyres

So that gets the same penalty as pulling out into traffic and nearly causing a massive crash. Oh.

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 pm 

God I missed Laguna Seca. It's hard to pass, but it's just a BRILLIANT racetrack. It's a shame they're planning on repaving it. The worn surface is perfect as is!

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:14 pm 

Here's some video of Josef Newgarden's exhibition run on the Charlotte Roval after NASCAR qualifying a few minutes ago. That was fun to watch. I was pleasantly surprised.

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:27 pm 

Ben Rhodes drank a lot of Bud Light and channeled his inner Brad Keselowski for his interview after the race. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:23 pm 

I know it's early but that rear spoiler is way too tall for my liking. Same for me. Dan - did you find other pictures of all that stuff or are you commenting on the articles that describe it? Because...none of that rear end stuff is visible in Dillon's video clip. I've seen lots of stuff linked on ...

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:21 pm 

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:39 pm 

Don Yount at the wheel of the No. 38 Performance Tech Motorsports Oreca 07 Gibson bizarrely ended up on the tire wall on the inside of Turn 6 with 15 minutes to go. The session was initially red-flagged before race control decided not to restart it, with Yount climbing out of the car under his own ...

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:40 pm 

1993 was an incredible season. That's during the golden era of when the cars looked their best IMO, the actual on track product was phenomenal, and the Mansell Mania stuff was really neat. 1994 was an absolute stomping by Penske, but if I remember right there was good racing further down the field. ...

Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:21 pm 

One thing that just came to mind with the "it's just a game!" argument... Let's say you're at a bar playing some billiards with your friend. No money is on the line or anything, you are just playing some 8 ball while having some drinks. You're both out of your own balls and it's just the 8...

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:30 am 

iks wrote:
Lewis, for all intents and purposes, is just another white F1 driver.

What the fuck???

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:43 am 

Soul Reaver wrote:
How about JJ? Wasn't he planning to run here? I don't see his name on the entry list.

Nope. Johnson was going to do a test back in April at Barber I believe to prepare for an IndyCar start this season, but because of COVID canceling that, this will be his first IndyCar test.

Post subject: Re: 104th Indianapolis 500
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:34 pm 

Last time I visited the IMS museum and did a track tour, I took a picture similar to Willie's but from closer to the outside wall so you can see just how far turn 1 goes off into the distance. Absolutely nuts to think how fast they can go through there. https://i.imgur.com/e7zPFuQ.jpg

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:35 pm 

The way I look at it: the '92 race wasn't actually a good race. It was a memorable race with an incredible finish.

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:06 pm 

Oof, what's worse about that Formula Master video, the driving or the editing?

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:45 pm 

According to Racer: Although no reason for the split was cited, it’s believed an interview featuring quotes from Askew’s management team, which questioned the team’s commitment to Askew’s well-being and caused embarrassment for both AMSP and IndyCar, did little to help the situation. which intervie...

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:18 pm 

This race is an amazing balance of quality racing and yakety sax.
Page 7 of 10 [ Search found 187 matches ]