TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 8 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:38 pm 

As a pitlane reporter, Rust is very good; however I don't think he's that great in a commentary box. Some of Greg Rust's early work here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCkngcsxD5I As for commentators, give me Will Hagon and John Smailes any day, guys who actually know their stuff, and tell us what ...

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:30 am 

I think the guys you are thinking of commentate the various state series', drag racing and boat racing on another network (2 actually SBS and One). Wade Aunger and someone who has an awesome beard. Wade Aunger has the beard, Grant Boyden was the other one. As you said both are still active & co...

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:46 am 

Haven't we seen something similiar long ago...?

Post subject: Re: Indycar @ Vegas
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:33 pm 

I don't follow the lines of blaming the cars, the drivers, the racing or the format of the race (Wheldon starting 34th) The cars have been effectively the same since 2003, the racing has been the same for longer, this wasn't the first 'cookie cutter' track Indycars have raced on. This accident has t...

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:39 am 

I doubt that'd be the reason. I read that as "I don't want to drive a Mercedes next year." I don't reckon he'd be wanting out if SBR were still with Ford. Given the specifications of next years car, it would be a very silly and petty reason to not race a car because the common chassis was...

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:16 pm 

V8Supercars has not been motor racing for a while now Yeah because V8Supercars should be catering for the archaic demands of people who's idea of real racing hasn't left 1979. Must be really hard seeing what todays racing is like with your head stuck so far up your own arse. Every sport has to evol...

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:59 am 

When Erebus went to Mercedes in Germany, they got a big fat no to use their cars in V8 Supercars. They ended up getting permission however from the Asia Pacific arm of Mercedes Benz, same group that allows them to run the GT cars. I believe, anyway. It was the other way around. AMG were keen (Erebu...

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:52 am 

"Have at it, boys". Thats never how motor racing has been run in Australia. winning what is now the Bathurst 1000 four times as a driver Your right to an extent, he won two Armstrong 500's at Phillip Island with Bob Jane (1961 and 62), then two at Bathurst in (1963 and 67). Sometimes the ...
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 8 matches ]