TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 32 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: What would you do...
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:23 pm 

My change: have the Monday following each race (save the street races such as Monaco) as a test day for the teams. Put the ticket prices at something like 10 Euros or something so people can come watch.

Works very nicely for MotoGP, think it would work well for F1.

Post subject: Re: Indycar @ Vegas
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:11 am 

This one got to me as well, but I must admit that it's sadness mixed with anger. First off, obviously this is terribly sad. Moments like this make everyone sit around wondering why the hell they love the sport so much when it can do this to people and take away husbands from wives and fathers from k...

Post subject: Re: Indycar @ Vegas
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:28 am 

Tribute show is on Youtube for the moment.

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:34 pm 

As expected, Toby Moody has written a wonderful piece for Autosport regarding yesterday.

I believe it's free - if not I will copy and paste. Last line sums it up beautifully:

I cannot believe I've had to do this, especially for Marco Simoncelli.

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:22 pm 

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:12 am 

Does MaTT still post here? Somebody wrote this in another forum: "We delivered some parts to Merc yesterday - there is a huge buzz about the place, everybody looking very happy, the last time I saw that at the place was under the Brawn name. Make of that what you will." Well, let's hope s...

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:22 pm 

Marty Reid and Scott Goodyear are terribad commentators.

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:56 am 

I'm off to a BBQ in Brackley later!

Making only two stops when pretty much everyone else made three: Excellent.

Taking your first win: Incredible.

Making a load of armchair experts look stupid: Priceless.

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:46 am 

I for one admire them for putting their staff ahead of Bernie and the Bahrain Royal Family's image concerns. Plus, as said before, after the race they can head straight for the airport, whereas after FP2 tonight they will need to go across town towards the hotel.

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:14 pm 

Because Brazil isn't in a state of civil war, where innocent protesters were shot whilst protesting peacefully and then the doctors attending them throw in jail for 'conspiring against the monarchy'.

In Brazil it's a police and crime issue. In Bahrain it's a political and humanitarian one.

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:19 pm 

Fuck off Ashley Judd and your insipid husband.

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:46 pm 

Reasons I don't like Dario? He's not a racer. He complains like hell when someone puts a strong racing move on him but then doesn't think twice about putting a marginal one on someone else. See Toronto last year. He's a talented driver and in terms of talent deserves his victories. I just don't like...

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:12 am 

It was a 50/50, and throws up the depressing fact that squeezing someone off the circuit when they're pretty much alongside (as Maldonado clearly was, well into the apex of the corner) is deemed 'fair play' nowadays. It isn't. Would it have seemed fair if there had been grass instead of tarmac where...

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:12 pm 

Is it Matt that works at one of the teams? maybe he can confirm, I'm pretty sure the throttle is connected to the ECU which controls the engine, there's no actual physical connection between the throttle and the fuel injection system (no throttle cable so to speak, hence the nickname 32bit throttle...

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:27 am 

McLaren would settle for points finish in the Australian Grand Prix. - Autosport Well that's promising. I believe Ferrari also said that they weren't going to fight at the front? So just RBR, Lotus and perhaps Mercedes then? Mercedes and Red Bull chased by Lotus, with Ferrari a bit behind, then a r...

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:30 pm 

Brooney wrote:
:lol:

Think he'll probably pass on that - suspect he quite likes being able to drive out of the pits with his front right tyre attached!

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:16 am 

The way I see it is this. Webber was pissed off because, had he known Vettel wasn't going to obey, he might have not let him close so much. He didn't necessarily need team orders to stay ahead - being told there were orders put him in a vulnerable situation. He proved in the second stint he could ru...

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:48 pm 

Meanwhile, F1 tyre supplier revealed.

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:27 pm 

Well, at least we agree on Martin Whitmarsh :lol: Look, let's just agree to disagree on this one. Obviously a lot of my reasoning is down to things I can't say even on a password protected forum, and as ever I respect your opinions as you're one of the folks here who really knows their stuff. I'll j...

Post subject: Re: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix
Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:30 pm 

All Hamilton has is a whole bunch of ifs. If Rosberg hadn't caused the yellow. If he'd managed to go quicker on his last lap. If the team had called him in earlier. If he'd not got something in his eye. Just like Rosberg only had ifs after Bahrain and Spain - if he'd made a move stick, if he'd manag...
Page 1 of 2 [ Search found 32 matches ]