TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 159 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:33 am 

I get the "it's just a video game" argument, but I can't completely fault Blu-Emu on this. If a professional athlete conducts himself in an unprofessional manner in a high-profile online event like this, especially one that is being broadcast on national television, what's going to stop t...

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:36 pm 

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:34 am 

It's fine, some have experience on iRacing.

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:16 am 

Wreckinturn4 wrote:
why not just make a rule to throw a caution every 20 laps, you'll eventually get a pile up which is what everyone watches for.

We had that rule about 5 years ago. It's called the Caution Clock.

We do not speak of the Caution Clock here.

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:57 am 

Goodyear has no excuses, they've raced here how long now? Simple, they just blame the teams and keep making the same tyres. This isn't entirely Goodyear's fault. This rules package enables drivers to be on the throttle constantly, which means more load on the tires, meaning higher likelihood of tir...

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:51 am 

I mean, this is the byproduct of NASCAR playoffs, after all. Gotta get that game 7 moment that people will forget in a couple of days.

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:03 am 

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:05 pm 

Enjoy being dunked on by Chase Elliot and his rabid fanbase, Harvick!

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:40 am 

Both drivers choked. Well, more so Elliot (because it's clear that something was wrong with Blaney's car, you can tell by how it was wavering in the final couple of laps), but yes, Elliot could have made that pass clean. The real issue here, however, is the chicane. It's not an overtaking spot becau...

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:05 am 

I see your Chase Briscoe and raise you Ross Chatstain

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:55 am 

gkmotorsport wrote:
the guy is basically what William Storey thinks he is.

Oh, you went there.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:05 am 

Yeah, usually just more dirt. The black stuff isn't asphalt, but rubber on the track (we like to call it the blue groove), and actually provides less grip if driven on. That's why you'd typically see cars move either higher or lower to find the tacky stuff since they like wet dirt more than dry dirt.

Post subject: Re: Super GT Discussion
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:58 am 

Some bad news regarding international streaming: The Race may not broadcast this season due to cost-cutting measures.

Might be a silver lining in this: considering that Red Bull TV broadcasted SuperFormula last night, they may get SuperGT rights as well.

As long as it's not Motorsport.tv.

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:23 am 

They're basically removing the Gurney Flap off the spoiler. That wicker creates more drag to punch a bigger hole in the air, thus allowing the draft to have an even greater effect.

Post subject: Re: Indy RC (Cup, Xfinity)
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:04 am 

You know what's sad about this race? It was decent...right until the end. That late safety car period changed the complexion of the race much more than anyone imagined. And the sad part is that Briscoe did get penalized (although seemingly harsher than usual, he would have been relegated back there ...

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:40 am 

So...remember that part where Brandon Brown found sponsorship by means of crypto? And by that, I don't mean Crypto.com, Coinbase, and the like...I mean a shitcoin based on a grift that he went from reluctantly accepting to shamelessly embracing in a couple of months? Only for that coin to crash hard...

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:09 am 

Fun fact: Chase Elliot becomes the first driver in NASCAR ever to win a race without leading a single lap.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:54 am 

Part of me kinda wants to use the "pussification of motorsport" meme (remember that one?) to describe how NASCAR handled the beginning of the race, but part of me was kinda glad that they waited it out for as long as they reasonably could (lightning strikes didn't help) to avoid COTA II El...

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:27 am 

Schumifan wrote:
Thread title needs to be changed to "fail edition"

Done.
Page 8 of 8 [ Search found 159 matches ]