TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 329 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:48 am 

A Night race in California would be a midnight race at the eastcost and a morningrace in europa. No it wouldn't. Your post - again - gave me a headache. Thanks. Your knowledge of international timezones Joey is utter pants, and gives me a headache. Thanks. Just incase you cant work it out, (well th...

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:56 pm 

it apparently went through the wall Yeah, it's interesting to see the picture of the barrier after the impact. Thank Jimmie Johnson for these: http://www.smiffsden.com/images/wall.jpg http://www.smiffsden.com/images/wall2.jpg http://www.smiffsden.com/images/wall3.jpg

Post subject: Re: Indycar @ Baltimore
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:00 pm 

was it my eyes or did I see a service truck diving for cover at turn 1 just as the cars were going round the corner?

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:38 pm 

I think one of the ideas is 90 min program, with 15 minute buildup + race.

Post subject: Re: Cup/NNS/Trucks @ Texas
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:36 am 

If I were Hornaday I'd go punch the little punks lights out then when Nascar call me up for it remind them they're responsible for this "have at it boys" bullshit.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:59 pm 

RtN wrote:
It's going to be old Bristol on steroids.

SHORT TRACKIN'

doubt it:

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:33 am 

no-one voted for the present Government we have either.

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:13 pm 

And that's what gets me in regards to this Kurt Busch thing. He might be a prick, and yes, he has his share of the blame, but this situation has been completely blown out of proportions, and it all seems to be that it was more sponsor involved rather than the team itself, and to be honest, I find t...

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:53 am 

You guys are missing the point, it wasn't that he was ranting, it was where, when and to who that eventually got him the sack*.

Even if everybody says otherwise, it was still Jon's video that was the final straw.

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:46 pm 

You guys are missing the point, it wasn't that he was ranting, it was where, when and to who that eventually got him the sack*. Even if everybody says otherwise, it was still Jon's video that was the final straw. Wait, who's Jon? I know he's the guy who took the video, but is he a member here, or s...

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:07 pm 

Agreed, it would look good if it didn't have those awful sidepods, by all means change the design of the car for safety reasons, but don't make it look different for the sake of it, which is seems Indycar have done. ATM the car looks the bastardised son of the old car and the Delta wing (especially ...

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:19 pm 

I hope this race goes ahead tonight now, cos I don't think my ultra modern and technical satellite dish setup will survive the night.... http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9382/dsc00833z.jpg Yes, dish is balancing on stacked plant pots, on a cushion, all on a garden chair, on the balcony....

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:59 pm 

Too much time on my hands :lol:

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:42 am 

I do agree they must do something about the pack racing, it's stacking the odds against the drivers, taking risks for the sake of it etc. I just don't buy this "if we eliminate pack racing we'll never see another car in the fence" belief some of the drivers seem to have. All the basic prob...

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:47 pm 

Stop applying logic Kieran, you should know better by now.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:56 am 

I'm sure Robert already knows, it's his deluded management & fans that can't see the wood for the trees.

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:59 pm 

Yeah but it's Plato, nothing is ever his fault.

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:00 pm 

Well if I were FOM, I'd put the world feed on a 15 second delay just in case....

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:45 pm 

Nah....for open wheel racing it's better without bumps, it's dangerous. I remember 2010 and that race was scary, cars were hitting bumps at 335km/h (208 miles per hour) in the straight, all mechanic side of the car had to be adjusted in order to endure that...besides it may be dangerous for drivers...

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:46 pm 

The same way that poles behind a catch fence would have saved Danny Boy... That's doubtful. Despite the deaths, IndyCar has always been inherently safe, and that at least we should be thankful for. The new car may be ugly to some, but if its safer, thats the most important thing... That's a big if ...
Page 1 of 17 [ Search found 329 matches ]