TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 65 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:54 am 

It's disgusting to kick a rookie out at mid-season. You're running a business, in a billion dollar sport, there's no "giving a bloke a fair go" in this day and age. He's been worse than mediocre. If I had the choice between an 8 time race winner who's finished runners up in the F1 title, ...

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:38 am 

Overrated. A gimmick. Rarely produced a good race.

Although would be great in the DRS era.

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:00 am 

Just found out I'll be going for a hot lap in the Blanchard car (Cool Drive) the day after the Sandown 500 :flag:

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:45 am 

almost 15 years since this infamous race and one of the worst penalties in the history of not just F1, but sport in general Lewis shortcut a corner and then used the momentum he got to overtake someone and got a penalty for it? He would never have overtaken him had he not gained an advantage the co...

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:46 am 

I think we need a thread specifically for overblown motorsport hyperbole. E.g: Pre-2002 Hockenheim was the best track ever Monaco is the worst track on the calendar All chicanes are terrible We need to bring back refueling Sprint races will be the downfall of the sport Any take that a champion isn'...

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:38 am 

Just found out I'll be going for a hot lap in the Blanchard car (Cool Drive) the day after the Sandown 500 :flag: This was one of the coolest things I've done. Did a hot lap in the Gen-3 car with Blanchard driving. They are such a tight fit, not very comfortable, even as a passenger you sit up like...

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:15 pm 

It'll be interesting to see the f1 kids fans as adults in a few years time if this continues, they'll probably have a completely different perspective on the drivers than the tired old narratives F1 has been pedalling for years! :lol: F1 needs a third broadcast outside of kids-vision and the normal...

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:55 am 

I'd put Lawson straight into the RB seat in place of Perez. He'll either sink or swim, if he sinks, you've got two more than capable replacements at AT who he can swap with.

Pay Perez to have a holiday/early retirement, unless he wants to take his Telmex money to Williams for Sargeant.

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:08 am 

This race will suck for 140 laps, there will be a late safety car, commentators will try and over hype the finish and it will be mediocre. I’m hoping to be proven wrong.

Edit: great opening post btw

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:28 pm 

If it's anything like the world cup they'll have a grandstand filled with migrant labourers from Nepal and Bangladesh wearing orange shirts and waving dutch flags.

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:17 am 

I don't mind more racing but it should be done by extending Sunday's Grand Prix by 100km! Fuck that would have made the Qatar Grand Prix even more exciting. Fuck it lets make the 1000km of Spa an F1 race. See if Max can still win on a twelve stop strategy. My solution is a stupid one. Keep the spri...

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:43 am 

Few things - It's been revealed the series is bleeding money, it lost $2.7m last calendar year (2022). - It could cost up to $10m to get the cars up to parity, which could bankrupt the sport - The Bend might disappear from the calendar next year, because of sanctioning fees - Only 5 races have been ...

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:51 pm 

pimmy wrote:
TBH you don't need much more than that, F1 has too much practice. Fill the rest of the schedule with support series.

I'm glad someone else thinks this. F1 could go to a two-day event.

Most F1 practices have that 20-30 minute dull patch after their install laps where they do nothing anyway.

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:20 pm 

The race is 5pm Australian time on Sunday so we're super chuffed with the race time If there's any TBK'ers in Melbourne, a few of my friends who have a podcast will get together and watch the race at a pub in Richmond. All are welcome to tag along. You guys have enough material to talk through this...

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:41 pm 

and now for some end of the year stats DRIVERS Max Verstappen stats .19 wins (breaks his own record from last year) -won 86.36% of all races this season (breaks a 71 year record stabilished by Ascari in 1952 - 75%) -won 10 races in a row (breaks 2013 record of Sebastian Vettel of 9) -lead 1003 laps...

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:05 am 

cookie wrote:
And 3 Saturday races this year, at least we get those Sundays free to do something else. I hope they do more Saturday races in the next few years.

Controversial opinion (convenient opinion too being in Australia) but I wish every race was a Saturday race.

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:48 pm 

You guys do know the sport is at it's highest level of popularity, in history?

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:21 pm 

ZeroX wrote:
peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
You guys do know the sport is at it's highest level of popularity, in history?

What can that be attributed to?

Evolving with modern trends and not listening to geriatric old fucks like us, who do nothing but complain?

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:06 am 

Nobody I know watches anymore (because nobody wants to pay £80 a month to here for the privilege) and that includes many of us who used to work in the industry. I just googled it and why is it telling me Sky Sports full sports package costs £20 a month? That's pretty cheap considering the age we li...

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:42 pm 

As someone who's struggled with shit Sunday Night/Monday morning time zones watching F1 for 20 years, I'm all in on Saturday races. I get to recover all day Sunday after an early start, instead of being bleary eyed all day in the office. As a matter of fact, antipodeans (AEDT) get five races in a ro...
Page 3 of 4 [ Search found 65 matches ]