TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 65 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:54 am 

Ferrari's special livery for Monza is everything you'd expect from Ferrari this season...... Here in Brazil we have a verb that we to describe someone who was coward or simply wasn't bold enough to meet the expectations. And it can be literally translated to English as "to yellow". That s...

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:12 am 

Anyone embedded deep enough in F1 knows that Peter Windsor's opinion isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:25 pm 

Couldn't care less. I want 26 cars on the grid. Nothing else matters or satisfies me. Was the sport really that great when he had 6 additional cars who couldn't get within 3-5 seconds of the leaders? I agree with you, sport would be great with 26 cars, but not with 20 good cars and 6 shit ones. But...

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:37 am 

Or they can adopt Indycars approach to levelling the field by having endless safety cars for the most minuscule of reasons. Arguably (well imo) F1 was at it's most exciting when they used to be more liberal with safety cars. They don't need to take the piss and throw a safety car when a marshall fa...

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:24 am 

Here we go again - pushing for new teams. How many seconds off will these ones be. Can you, for once in your life, post something positive? Instead of looking it at it like that, you (and the current teams) need to look at it like this - Say there is 3 new teams in 2023 - That's 6 new cars on the g...

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:07 pm 

Ricciardo and Piastri, spotted together driving around in eastern Melbourne https://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/formula-one/eagleeyed-f1-fan-appears-to-snap-ricciardo-and-piastri-driving-together/news-story/e390b9d4d9b5d2341bd48786e687a25f Not really relevant to the story, but that photo in the...

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:18 am 

I did a quick bit of googling. The new teams in 2012 reportedly paid entry fees of around $500,000US. So what the teams are saying the sports value has increased 1200% in the last 10 years? Yeah I mean the Netflix series has bought lots more eyes onto the sport, but, seriously? Here's an article tha...

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:22 am 

How have I not heard of this guy

He's my new favourite driver in any series

(Please don't tell me he's been cancelled for being a racist redneck or some shit)

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:55 am 

mclaren2008 wrote:
How should that incident warrant a safety car but Sutil in the middle of the track at Hockenheim back in 2014 did not

Because in between now and then Jules Bianchi headbutted a tractor?

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:25 pm 

I watched Netflix's golf version of drive to survive (Full Swing) and I loved it. I'm not a huge golf nerd (I play it socially, but I don't watch professional golf at all) and while watching it I was like 'I'm sure this is like DTS, probably inaccurate or edited to make shit up' but if you take it o...

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:16 pm 

The reason Sacha Baron Cohen left was because the original script had Freddie in only the first half of it, and the 2nd half was the rest of the band moving on without freddie, IE just basically being an advert for their current tour. ] From what I've read, this is only partially true. Sacha Baron ...

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:33 pm 

This might sound like sarcasm but motorsport is so dumb by handing the biggest advantage anyone can get to the fastest car.

Reverse grid every race. Max Verstappen starts 20th every race, he could still probably win the title.

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:49 am 

Well remember Driven was originally meant to be based on Formula One, but I believe when Bernie saw how shit it was going to be and stopped it with Stallone doing Champcar instead The story goes that the FOM scrapped it after reading the script. Sylvester Stallone has made 78 movies and calls Drive...

Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 12:41 am 

mclaren2008 wrote:
Should have cancelled it weeks back and run Mugello instead

Yeah because they knew what the weather was going to do weeks back and also changing grand prix locations only weeks in advance is logistically a walk in the park :roll:

Post subject: Re: 107th Indianapolis 500
Posted: Thu May 25, 2023 2:22 am 

One of my side hustles in life, is that I'm a pub trivia host. I'll be honest, the people who do the quiz's are usually, your book-reading intellectual types, who aren't into sports. As a side question, I put down 9 sporting venues, and it was their job to identify them. Mostly they were sports stad...

Posted: Tue May 30, 2023 11:11 pm 

I'm up for a night race at Sepang, usually their start time is 4am here so starting at 9am is way much better plus a race start after a big storm means a drying track under the lights Turns it from a 6-7pm race to a midnight-1am race here on a Sunday, so no thanks It was a perfect race for us Aussi...

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:12 am 

Soul Reaver wrote:
He means the 'right' one, and don't call me Shirley.

The 'right' right one, or 'wrong' wrong one?

Red Bull could have Nankang's off a Honda Civic fitted right now and romp to the championship.

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:39 pm 

I had a feeling I knew of/about one of those guys, but could never quite put my finger on it. Have either of them ever been members here on tbk? Cracking podcast indeed. It's got that quintessential Aussie vibe. You know, where it sounds like they're both talking through constant Ricciardo-esque gr...

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:26 am 

Everyone expecting rain on Sunday except the German model. Most certainty is about wet friday and saturday, probably heavy rain and long periods of rain. So red flag. Currently it seems the only session affected by rain will be SPRINT SHOOTOUT (or whatever it should be called). In other words, the ...

Post subject: Re: Chicago
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:34 am 

Someones probably pointed it out already but I love how his name was pronounced differently each time he was mentioned. I'm fairly sure I heard Shane Van Gizardburger at one point.
Page 2 of 4 [ Search found 65 matches ]