TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 354 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:40 am 

Do we even need air intakes on top of the car this year with the Turbo engines. Warning: my expectations of turbo engines may be based on 1980s Formula 1 :p Yes - in the 80s, most teams had a 'periscope' inlet on each sidepod, to feed each turbo more or less directly. There's only one turbo now, an...

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:18 am 

But this is F1!! Not DTM. Im not talking about racing. Im talking about F1 should be faster, harder, more power, tougher on drivers like 10 years ago.... and a decent sound. And this one will be 3 or 5 slower than last year. Even the GP2 cars can keep up now with new F1 cars!!! I dont think its nor...

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:00 pm 

Chilton is out in the new Marussia. No pictures yet - word is that the photographer panned at the normal speed and missed him.

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:57 am 

An interesting article from Autosport by Peter Stevens, of McLaren F1 fame: There's no excuse for F1 to be ugly Does it matter what Formula 1 cars look like? The short answer is yes; they are supposed to represent the pinnacle of contemporary engineering creativity and excellence. F1 is a worldw...

Post subject: Re: 2014 IndyCar Season
Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:10 pm 

"Williams Number One" ;)

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:39 am 

I think the problem comes in when people leap from "I don't like the noise" to "I don't like the noise, this isn't F1 any more". One of those statements is a completely fair and valid opinion; the other is - on the surface, at least - an unfairly sweeping statement. Not all peopl...

Post subject: Re: The Sequel to Rush
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:36 pm 

'94 and '08 would make for good stories, but then anything with Mansell in it would contain the required amount of drama too. Rush 2: Tache and Burn The story of a plucky Brummie, his moustache, and the dangers of modern motorsport. Thrill at his explosive career! * His BRUSH WITH DEATH after pushin...

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:54 pm 

the ever-increasing expenditure on an F1 using frozen-spec V8 engines with no relevance to road cars was becoming ever harder to justify. And there in lies the problem. An engine freeze that took away the impetus of the car manufacturers to actually improve on their engines. Rather than have a stri...

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:37 pm 

Fish88 wrote:
Cucumberwhathisname is quite a good interviewer.

It's not a surprise - hire a damn good actor, tell him what to ask, and to switch on the charisma - but it was definitely one of the better interviews.

Fish88 wrote:
Cucumberwhathisname

"Benalyn Crumpledsnatch" :yes:

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:16 am 

Also, as has already been pointed out, the Decibel scale is logarithmic, not linear. There are plenty of comparative examples that anyone can Google, but here's a few approximate values: 60dB: Spoken conversation 70dB: Busy street traffic 75dB: ORF1's apparent measure of a 2014 F1 car 80dB: Vacuum ...

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:44 pm 

Hey, don't be mean about DC. 1998 was going to Be His Year :P

Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:09 pm 

Another waste of a seat. At least she's good to look at... :p She's not offensive but she's not overly attractive. A decent driver though. Better than some of the men on the grid. Looks aside (because really ? Look up Glass Hammer Racing and see what she does to lean against sexism in motorsport), ...

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:56 pm 

http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/comment/coub-%D0%A6%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BA%D0%B0-Warface-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%...

Post subject: Re: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix
Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:38 am 

JJ wrote:

Monaco marshals have balls. That is all.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:30 pm 

This isn't the video I meant, but you get the idea:

That's a single rail of barrier, and a lorry which probably weighed in the order of 25 tons.

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:39 am 

Coma is just a medical term meaning prolonged periods of unconsciousness that cannot be interrupted by outside influence or stimulation, "no longer in a coma" does not mean he hopped up and walked out the hospital either. It's good news, but the fact they plan no more updates ever, should...

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:25 pm 

The sparking Porsches in WEC look cool, so why not try it in F1? It's a low cost modification and will look great during the 3 night time races. It's not like it costs millions to test and develop, so why is everyone against it? I agree with what Anthony Davidson & David Croft just said on Sky....

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:43 pm 

I really don't understand the hate for CGV... did you lend it money that you never had back? Did it stand you up on a date? He thought he had an exclusive relationship going on, only to see on Facebook that CGV was taking photos with other guys[/J.Morellireference] And on CGV's Facebook page there ...

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:24 pm 

I'm very surprised to read it, but apparently a senior doctor at the Swiss hospital has been talking about the recent move. He stated that Michael is conscious and alert for the most part, can react and follow people with his eyes, and can nod in response to questions, although he cannot speak. He i...

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:35 pm 

OMG you guys what if JPM is a member here and all of our mean comments make him sad and him being slow is a self-fulfilling prophecy :O
Page 1 of 18 [ Search found 354 matches ]