TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 512 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:05 am 

I don’t remember many races in the 90’s and 00’s being won by being the slowest car on track, simple solution, stop the teams being able to control fuel flow through the ECU, you know, how it was in the good old days when you controlled it with your right foot. Yeah yeah I’ve heard it all before, sh...

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:49 pm 

I don’t remember many races in the 90’s and 00’s being won by being the slowest car on track, simple solution, stop the teams being able to control fuel flow through the ECU, you know, how it was in the good old days when you controlled it with your right foot. Yeah yeah I’ve heard it all before, s...

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:42 am 

I think the move to spec cars and engines in more and more series has had the reverse effect. Sure, "evenly" matched cars should have close racing and should put the deciding factor in the skill of the driver, but instead it is the engineer who wins or loses the race these days. Moreso th...

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:54 pm 

I can honestly say, as a Yank, that I'd give up all three US races to save the European heritage tracks on the schedule.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:09 am 

Chris A wrote:
rcrossin wrote:
Harvick's car getting revenge for saying it's unsafe

And yet, proving his point in doing so.

Ware in the wall off T2. That’s twice tonight we’ve seen someone absolutely pound the wall there without triggering a yellow.

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:38 am 

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:52 am 

To get a concussion from what looked like a fairly average crash like Bowman's is ridiculous. Talladega is going to be a bloodbath.

Post subject: Ant Whorton Eales
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:43 pm 

Ant announce a slight divergence in his career today.. From next year he's going to race in Brisca F1 stockcars. He has raced a stock car in the past when he raced one of his cousins cars to a win in the Under 25s championship. He has bought a car from his Cousin, Ryan Harrison and will compete on T...

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:53 am 

I thought so too, but apparently the company that has the rights to Caltex internationally bought the Puma chain of stations and is now rebranding them as Caltex stations to make things confusing.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:28 pm 

To be fair, a major business in Bathurst's central business district is cannabis.

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:28 pm 

Keep F1 far, far, FAR away from Road America.

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:16 am 

i know they're not american, but i'd love for them to be able to pull andretti into f1 to add a new team to the grid A lot of people are circle jerking over the idea that Audi and Porsche are joining and Honda is on the verge of coming back but in the end they cant all win races and championships. ...

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:59 am 

Why would they penalize what they were desperate to create?

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:58 am 

Extremely rare footage of AAA open wheelers at Darlington, 1950:

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:28 am 

You know what I miss? Absurd Jayski rumors from the late 90's/early 00's, where he would just post whatever nameless sources that pops out of the woodwork in order to garner traffic. Something like... Jeff Gordon LEAVES HENDRICK?; to F1 in 2001?; driver swap with Hakkinen? UPDATE 3 A reliable source...

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:24 am 

Here we go again - pushing for new teams. How many seconds off will these ones be. Can you, for once in your life, post something positive? Instead of looking it at it like that, you (and the current teams) need to look at it like this - Say there is 3 new teams in 2023 - That's 6 new cars on the g...

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:36 pm 

duck7 wrote:
I hate the new imsa tv graphics with two big logos. looks ugly!

This vignette effect (familiar from WEC) is so irritating. Effective screen estate is barely 2/3 of the image.

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:36 am 

amq55 wrote:
I hope they use the good old Cosworth brand.

They would have to buy it back from Gerry Forsythe first.

------

Amusing to see the whinging over GM coming in as a branding exercise, and then this happens, presumably without complaint.

Post subject: Re: Daytona Speedweek 2023
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:02 pm 

so when's the bud shootout

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:26 am 

41:40 on Denny's podcast today "fans & drivers need to stop asking for more power because NASCAR is not gonna listen, and is looking at further horsepower decreases (regarding solely the internal combustion engine component) in hopes of getting more engine mileage & thus cost cutting f...
Page 24 of 26 [ Search found 512 matches ]