TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 48 49 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:34 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

5 points - a little bit boring. Hope next week will be better :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Reacting to comments that Hamilton had been unable to see Massa coming up behind him, Massa said: "I don't care, to be honest, about what he [Hamilton] said. The only thing I care about is what he did. He was so slow in 130R and he stayed on the right-hand side.

"I was much quicker, so I went to the left-hand side and I braked there. I stayed on my line; he moved his car and touched my car. There's nothing more to say. For what he says, I don't care. I care about what the federation says and what the FIA does.

"They have penalised people for much less this year and this time they didn't do it. It's the second time in a row after the problem in qualifying as well in the last race, and after what happened yesterday. And after many times this year. The FIA needs to take care of that. They are the only ones who can take care of that."

When asked by AUTOSPORT if it would not be better for him to speak face-to-face with Hamilton to sort out the issue, Massa replied: "No. He doesn't learn. As I said before, I don't care. I race against him, against whatever driver in the same way. I don't really care. He has already passed the time to speak, which I tried and he didn't."

Massa did suggest, however, that he may bring the matter up if he has a chance to speak to FIA race director Charlie Whiting.

"Maybe if I see Charlie, I will speak to him. But there's nothing really to say now," he said.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

6 - Just about worth getting up early for, had a bit of action but the director was bad as usual

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:53 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

WC :flag:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:56 am 

He's only at Ferrari as they didn't want to be the guys who fired someone straight after a serious accident. He just not cut out (and i'm not basing this on the incidents with Hamilton only.) for such a high level team anymore sadly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

glad Hamilton didn't mind the talks about him at the drivers meeting :p

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tiemen wrote:
Tobias wrote:
Echti wrote:

A tension this season never had.

if it ever had, it was artificially created.

This.

Yes.

We want real, unabated, true monotonous boredom instead.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:43 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Liuzzi did like 3 times the number of laps he made in practice. What a star.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'd perhaps propose a slight change to DRS next year. Maybe have it available on the 3 or 4 shorter straights on a circuit to allow drivers to close up, rather than simply overtake. Because a few times (Canada, Turkey) DRS was a joke it was so easy. Yet sometimes it was perfect (Barcelona). Using it as a method to eliminate the 'dirty air' would be ideal, rather than it being a free pass.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

nightflight wrote:
BMW press

09.10.2011 10:10
BMW congratulates World Champion Sebastian Vettel.
Seven years ago he made history in the Formula BMW series, at the weekend he created motorsport history once again – this time in Formula One: Sebastian Vettel became the youngest driver ever to defend his title in the Formula One World Championship. Vettel’s route to the top took him via the Formula BMW championship, which he won in style in 2004 with 18 victories in 20 races.

:thumbsup:

Didn't Vettel almost lose a finger in a crash in FBMW? Or the year after?

Edit: found it back, it was in the World Series in 2006
http://www.crash.net/gp2/news/67432/1/i ... weeks.html

Ironic, Vettel almost losing the finger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Even regardless of the TV director, I can't give this more than a 6 by 2011 standards.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quite boring at the start, some good end laps, but TV director was away, looking for mushrooms.

I give it a 5.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Again a proof of the intelligence of that driver. Button deserve the vote.
IMO, 2010 & 2011 are Jenson's best seasons, he improved a lot his driving skills since his World title.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:11 pm 
God Complex Ahoy!
God Complex Ahoy!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:13 pm 
God Complex Ahoy!
God Complex Ahoy!

Button.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I voted Button but forgot how good a job Alonso did as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

phil1993 wrote:
I'd perhaps propose a slight change to DRS next year.
Id propose banning it :p

However if they do insist on keeping it I think there are a couple ways of making it less effective or at least a bit less artificial. Im not sure that simply having a shorter zone is the best solution as even with shorter zones we still see some easy passes, I think these would be better solutions.

Shorten the distance required at the detection point so that DRS gets activated less often. If you say the car behind has to be say 0.5 behind at the detection line it would mean DRS may not get activated as often with a battle between cars of similar speed. However it's likely it would be easier for a car behind to get DRS if he was substantially quicker than the car he is chasing.

Could also make the wing flap open less so it doesn't give as much of a speed advantage in order to hopefully eliminate the easier moves caused by the DRS car having so much more speed.

However I still the best option is to make it avaliable to everyone everywhere around the track & running it like a P2P system with each driver getting 20 uses through a race. Alternatively they could ditch DRS & just run KERS this way where everyone gets 20 uses for 6 seconds a push.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

phil1993 wrote:
I'd perhaps propose a slight change to DRS next year. Maybe have it available on the 3 or 4 shorter straights on a circuit to allow drivers to close up, rather than simply overtake. Because a few times (Canada, Turkey) DRS was a joke it was so easy. Yet sometimes it was perfect (Barcelona). Using it as a method to eliminate the 'dirty air' would be ideal, rather than it being a free pass.

I thought the best - let's say - "DRS race" was the Nürburgring this year. Since the DRS zone was located on the backstraight we haven't actually seen a pass there. Instead it helped to just close the gap and to make a proper move on the start/finish line which led to some amazing moments there.

I also thought that perhaps another solution would be to ban the DRS zones and make DRS a 'time-limited' thing. So the driver could use it whenever they want during a lap but only for 10 seconds or so. Similar to KERS.

EDIT: just seen that stefmeister came with a similar idea.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Title Numero Three must be the aim for Seb then. Youngest treble world champ was Senna at the age of 31y 06m 29d. Therefore Vettel has another 7 years :p

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:49 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

StefMeister wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
I'd perhaps propose a slight change to DRS next year.
Id propose banning it :p

However if they do insist on keeping it I think there are a couple ways of making it less effective or at least a bit less artificial. Im not sure that simply having a shorter zone is the best solution as even with shorter zones we still see some easy passes, I think these would be better solutions.

Shorten the distance required at the detection point so that DRS gets activated less often. If you say the car behind has to be say 0.5 behind at the detection line it would mean DRS may not get activated as often with a battle between cars of similar speed. However it's likely it would be easier for a car behind to get DRS if he was substantially quicker than the car he is chasing.

Could also make the wing flap open less so it doesn't give as much of a speed advantage in order to hopefully eliminate the easier moves caused by the DRS car having so much more speed.

However I still the best option is to make it avaliable to everyone everywhere around the track & running it like a P2P system with each driver getting 20 uses through a race. Alternatively they could ditch DRS & just run KERS this way where everyone gets 20 uses for 6 seconds a push.

I don't like the idea of reducing the DRS activation down to 0,5 or 0,4secs from the 1,0sec. I think DRS is better for catching up and keeping up with the leader. Instead of having a DRS zones, it would be massively better if a driver on a run could use it when ever he likes as long as he's - say - maybe 2 secs behind the car in front. How ever, when he would close the gap down to - say - 0,3secs or so, the DRS would shut down automatically.

This would make the overtaking a bit more difficult compared to current system, but yet the drivers could close the gaps and keep the racing more interesting.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 48 49 Next