TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15113 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Is there any place in this debate for a reasonable guy who loves the sight of beautiful women, but is not a sexist macho asshole? Who believes that the solution to each societal question isn't entrenching in one extreme (complete ban) or the other (complete complacency)?

There's always a place for that. But then again you can find beautiful women anywhere, either outside or on the internet.

There are pros and cons to no longer having grid girls. The con being that people are now out of work. The pro being that these people were being used a showpieces only, the line of women applauding the drivers heading to the podium was utterly cringe-worthy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:17 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

kals wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
Is there any place in this debate for a reasonable guy who loves the sight of beautiful women, but is not a sexist macho asshole? Who believes that the solution to each societal question isn't entrenching in one extreme (complete ban) or the other (complete complacency)?

There's always a place for that. But then again you can find beautiful women anywhere, either outside or on the internet.

There are pros and cons to no longer having grid girls. The con being that people are now out of work. The pro being that these people were being used a showpieces only, the line of women applauding the drivers heading to the podium was utterly cringe-worthy.

How about these Victoria's Secret massive catwalk showpieces? Now that is fine with everyone? The political hypocrisy in this world is absolutely enormous.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:17 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

to be clear: i don't even give a flick about grid girls, i can see all the pussy i want for free at any time of the day on my smartphone doing more interesting things than holding a board with a number in front of a parked car.
The point is i hate when useless uncalled things are made in the name of nothing else than political correctness.
Nobody called for this:
- people watching f1 never complained.
- people working in f1 never complained ( actually 95% of people there are male and they really enjoy them being around, when you're constantly surrounded by guys and the smell of gas and burnt tyres even just the presence of a nice girl being around makes things better ).
- girls there never complained, they get paid for that ( maybe not much but they're not exactly there splitting atoms under a microscope ) and for them it's an exciting experience and an opportunity, they go on tv, they are around famous people and they have a 1st row ticket for all of that, it's not that f1 management goes in the street kidnapping nice girls and forcing them to be there.
- they've been there forever, they're part of the glamour of motorracing, it's not that they've introduced them 5 years ago out of the blue just because the last f1 owner was a pervert

And yet somehow nowdays they have to go for the only reason that americans are like grown up childrens and they can't address problems like adults. You watch american tv it's like a kindergarden, you can't use words, they have the n-word, 2 kinds of f-word, the a-word, my mom used to talk me like that when i was 4. "Don't say the s-word or you won't have your cookies"! Because you know, a concept like "the words are armless, is people using them inappropriately that are dangerous, we better teach people how to use them instead of just banning them" is rocket science for the public. You can't even show a greek statue in an art program without blurring his pee pee.
And this kind of decision made by non other than an american ownership means exactly bringing in f1 this kind of toxic mentality.
I tell you this is the same kind of pointless uncalled political correctness that got Trump elected in first place.

Last edited by cambridge on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vassago wrote:
kals wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:

How about these Victoria's Secret massive catwalk showpieces? Now that is fine with everyone? The political hypocrisy in this world is absolutely enormous.

I'm surprised that you cannot see the difference between the purpose of fashion models and grid girls, and the importance of each to their event.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

F1 isn't the only sport moving away from this, darts world championship last week announced they will no longer use the walk-on girls.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:

I believe Liberty is not concerned with a societal question here. They are looking to earn more with the product they have and they prefer to target it to a broader audience (which includes women) rather than keeping it to an audience of men who watch the "pinnacle of motorsport" missing the "old times".

What doesn't prevent me from celebrating their decision.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
F1 isn't the only sport moving away from this, darts world championship last week announced they will no longer use the walk-on girls.

The WEC did this in 2015, of course, and somehow managed to survive against all odds.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What does it say to an impressionable young girl who happens to catch a race and the only girls she sees are stood on the grid, holding a sign and looking pretty or stood in the hall to the podium, clapping and looking pretty.

They don't get to see the ones working hard behind the scenes, just the ones stood around looking pretty. That's not a good image.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:36 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

EAS wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:

I believe Liberty is not concerned with a societal question here. They are looking to earn more with the product they have and they prefer to target it to a broader audience (which includes women) rather than keeping it to an audience of men who watch the "pinnacle of motorsport" missing the "old times".

What doesn't prevent me from celebrating their decision.

there are things that women simply don't care about and that's just it.
Not all the women ( i have many female friends who are more competent than many men about football but overall they're still a tiny minority ) but majority of women don't give a damn about football. And we're talking about 22 young millionaire athletic good looking guys running around in shorts, if that can't get women hooked to the screen i don't se f1 succeed in that.
Girls on average are not into cars like guys on average are not into bags.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:47 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:

Ain't that more discriminating to suggest that a smart person has the right to be hired cause he is smart if a job requires a smart person and be able to make money by the fact that he is smart, but a beautiful person shouldn't be hired for a job just because he is beautiful if that job requires a person to be beautiful and shouldn't profit from his own beauty?

That is no more objectifying than any other job, the point of any single job i know is objectifying people. If a company is looking for a rocket scientist they don't care if you're evil, or a pedophile, or you enjoy watching videos of people getting killed by isis, as long as you can design a rocket you're in. And they don't care if your life sucks or you can't find love or you're a drunk, as long as you keep drawing good rockets you're in. You're objectified for what they need from you, that's the point of work and that's why is not called family or friendship. If f1 needs beautiful girls, people enjoy the presence of beatiful girls and the beautiful girls like to be there and get fairly paid for that, than where the hell is the problem?

Last edited by cambridge on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
beautiful women doesn't match with ugly cars so they thought the best is just turn into the ugliest spectacle in motor racing

ugly cars in ugly races

not that I support grid girls, I support good looking cars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:50 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
beautiful women doesn't match with ugly cars so they thought the best is just turn into the ugliest spectacle in motor racing

they wanted them to match with 2018 cars they should have forced them to wear a borat g-thong and flip flops :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Did anyone ask the grid girls' opinions?

Just curious.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cambridge wrote:
If a company is looking for a rocket scientist they don't care if you're evil, or a pedophile, or you enjoy watching videos of people getting killed by isis...

Yeah I'm pretty sure companies would care about that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:54 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:
cambridge wrote:
If a company is looking for a rocket scientist they don't care if you're evil, or a pedophile, or you enjoy watching videos of people getting killed by isis...

Yeah I'm pretty sure companies would care about that.

only if they fear you'll end up in jail or with some debilitating problem that will affect your work, forcing them to look for another guy to replace you and losing all the money invested in you or ruining the company good name with some bad publicity. It's not because they have some moral code they feel they shouldn't brake.
Just watch the recent hollywood scandal or the catholic church. Apparently anyone knew that Weinstein was a pervert and Kevin Spacey was a pedo, and all the priests they get caught with kids are usually well know molesters moved from one church to another multiple times to avoid problems.
Just nobody cares as long as things are kept quiet because they're good at their jobs.
then when things get big and hell brake loose the usual plot is "deny any knowledge, act surprised, play the victim, blame only the guy" and you're ok.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wonder if anybody from Liberty asked the grid girls what they thought? Or did they only listen to the vocal minority?
If Darts is anything to go by, no they didn't.

Isn't it about time a tiny minority of society stopped deciding what the majority can or cannot do, after all isn't it a bit insulting to the girls involved to decree them victims incapable of seeing themselves as being exploited when in reality most of them probably enjoy their job and love the attention?

Can't say I'm surprised at this, just feel a little sorry for the girls involved who are now on the dole through no fault of their own.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cambridge wrote:
Not all the women ( i have many female friends who are more competent than many men about football but overall they're still a tiny minority ) but majority of women don't give a damn about football. And we're talking about 22 young millionaire athletic good looking guys running around in shorts, if that can't get women hooked to the screen i don't se f1 succeed in that.

I don't think it is just it.

First because this is a typically masculine environment (I don't see many female members active here, for example), what makes it awkward for any woman keen on the sport.

And the other thing is the typical reaction when we hear a woman saying "I like F1". It's more like "Oh really! So who finished 5th in the 1982 Austrian Grand Prix?" instead of "Cool!"

I really don't think it is all "women simply don't like it and there is a loud minority spoiling our awesome world".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:33 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

EAS wrote:
cambridge wrote:

I don't think it is just it.

First because this is a typically masculine environment (I don't see many female members active here, for example), what makes it awkward for any woman keen on the sport.

And the other thing is the typical reaction when we hear a woman saying "I like F1". It's more like "Oh really! So who finished 5th in the 1982 Austrian Grand Prix?" instead of "Cool!"

I really don't think it is all "women simply don't like it and there is a loud minority spoiling our awesome world".

i think with enough spin on it you can make almost anyone do almost anything: If the fashon industry, hollywood and the media worked togheter they could make men dress pink shirts, wear high heels and use make up in 5 years time.
Just look how many cosmetics are there for men today, creams, body products, hair products, shaving products...... when my dad was a young man all he was required was to shave and all there was available for him were shaving creams had he used a time machine to see a supermarket today he would simply call it gay.
So it's not impossible to make it cool for girls to be involved in motorracing, just start when they're kids with "barbie race driver", make a series of movies where Jennifer Lawrence is a supercool nascar driver and you're half way there. The point is i don't see f1 being able to succeed on their own if that's their objective and i don't see the move of taking away the grid girls of any actual real appeal for women to get involved. I've never heard a girl say "i would really like to watch f1 with you, i just can't stand those girls".
It actually takes away the only feminine component that was there, if anything f1 looks even more a manly thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:

I don't think any game you can play while being shit-faced in a pub, should be called a sport :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:48 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Gabriel wrote:
kals wrote:

I don't think any game you can play while being shit-faced in a pub, should be called a sport :D

nowdays they call sports things like bridge or videogames. At least darts involves standing up. :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15113 Next