TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

By the way how tense and frosty was that pre-podium room between Lewis and Nico?! I don't think they even made eye contact once. Seems like bit of a joke by Lewis to say their relationship is "surprisingly better than ever" hah!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Speedworx wrote:
Schumifan wrote:
Has the radio ban actually made any difference to the racing though? I can't see that it has.

Baku :whistling:

:tumble:

Barely watched that. Found it hard to care when there was a vastly superior race on the same weekend :p

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:06 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Schumifan wrote:
Speedworx wrote:
Schumifan wrote:
Has the radio ban actually made any difference to the racing though? I can't see that it has.

Baku :whistling:

:tumble:

Barely watched that. Found it hard to care when there was a vastly superior race on the same weekend :p

BTCC Croft was pretty good tbf

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So.

- Mercedes says nothing, Rosberg probably retires, 0 points.
- Mercedes warns and helps, Rosberg finished in 2nd, gets a penalty to 3rd, 15 points.

Guess what Mercedes will do next time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
in MotoGP there are no radio communication right? there you go your solution for that

and also taking away those complicated ERS and MGU, just letting sheer power from a V10 engine spilling horsepower on the rear wheels

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:53 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

This weekend's combination of Alex Jakes' GP2 & GP3 commentary, safety car starts in Porsche Supercup & F1 and this whole radio thing is just:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
So.

- Mercedes warns and helps, Rosberg finished in 2nd, gets a penalty to 3rd, 15 points.

This.

As Paddy Lowe said to Will Buxton after the race, the stewards decision would set a precedent.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:12 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Am I the only person who thinks it was dangerous when Lewis nearly crashed into the safety car ?

Get the impression one driver always slips through the cracks and the other always gets the royal screwjob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:56 am 

double post.

Last edited by TheEgg on Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:56 am 

The radio thing is a rule no one wants and no one needs. End it already.

Also, why should the DRIVER get punished for the team sending a message he did not ask for? What could the driver POSSIBLY do to avoid that ????? Why not take away 10 CONSTRUTORS points ???

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Something I was thinking during the race: Can anyone explain why in MotoGP it is considered safe enough to pilot a vehicle with 2 skinny wheels and no crash structure (no seatbelts even) through an absolute deluge as they did at Assen, while in F1 it's unacceptably unsafe to drive a vehicle with 4 wider, much grippier wheels and complete crash structure on a drying track with the sun out? Even with the driver safety pressure and recent memory of Bianchi, I'm struggling to understand this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:04 am 

LucasWheldon wrote:
in MotoGP there are no radio communication right? there you go your solution for that

Half the entertainment (especially in more boring races) is hearing radio chatter. Once again, I don't see the problem. The communications is all part of strategy. It doesn't matter what information they give the driver, the men behind the wall will never be the ones driving the vehicle. This whole issue is maddening to me.

Edit: I believed all along that the only reason they did it was to create controversy, just so they can eliminate the rule next year and look like heros. But right now they look like morons.

Last edited by TheEgg on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Something I was thinking during the race: Can anyone explain why in MotoGP it is considered safe enough to pilot a vehicle with 2 skinny wheels and no crash structure (no seatbelts even) through an absolute deluge as they did at Assen, while in F1 it's unacceptably unsafe to drive a vehicle with 4 wider, much grippier wheels and complete crash structure on a drying track with the sun out? Even with the driver safety pressure and recent memory of Bianchi, I'm struggling to understand this.

Why is it that F1 requires all permanent circuits to construct acres of tarmac run-off yet happily runs around the streets of Monaco, Singapore, Sochi and Baku?

The answer is that F1's logic defies all reason.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:27 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Aren't we supposed to rate the race by now? Or just call it 0/10?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:05 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The British Grand Prix is a very good example of what is wrong with F1, or what most fans feel wrong about it.

1) run off areas
drivers can make mistakes and drive besides the track without being punished, apart from having their fastest time deleted. Just add a metre or so grass or gravel so that the drivers at least get some punishment. We have seen quite a few drivers making mistakes in T1. But they all (except for the Manor) could continue as nothing happened.

2) rain
as soon there is one spot of rain, we have a start behind the safety car. The race could have been so much more interesting if we would have a standing start. And ok you can have a start behind the SC, but after one lap it should go into the pits. The few puddles of standing water is something these best drivers of the world in the best racing cars of the world should be able to handle.

3) cost reduction
FIA have implemented rules so that teams have a very limited number of engines, gearboxes etc. Then it is very contradictory if a team cannot help a driver to avoid a gearbox going 'kaboom'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:43 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I may be in the minority here, but I would have rather see Vettel, Kimi, Hamilton and Verstappen all be DNFs, or at least have had a trundle through a gravel trap at turn 1 than see the end of this race.

Kimi and Verstappen both made the exact same mistake twice. To me that is unacceptable. As far as I recall gravel traps worked fine for the drivers of the mid 80's, 90's till early 00's. There was none of this track limits crap back then. Exceed the limits and you end up beached in the gravel or out in the boonies. That was more entertaining to me than having cars run wide and then continue.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Like Alonso proved, you can get out again if you're real lucky.

Personally I'd like to see it like it is in IndyCar. Outside assistance allowed so they can get back in the race.

That was part of the reason for carpark runoffs, people complained that cars beached in the kitty litter were unable to carry on despite no damage. And of course, FIA logic...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

kals wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

Why is it that F1 requires all permanent circuits to construct acres of tarmac run-off yet happily runs around the streets of Monaco, Singapore, Sochi and Baku?

The answer is that F1's logic defies all reason.

Some of it's at the request of FIM though, like the butchering of Parabolica apparently.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I thought tarmac run offs are bad for bikes

they should at least make the run offs more abrasive, cause heavy tire degration, take a few laps of strategy away from those who can't stand on the track

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
So.

Thats pretty bold. Wouldn't Rosberg himself figure it out to shift to 8th right away and still stay ahead of Verstappen?
They just should have gone Red Forman on him "No 7th gear huh? figure it out yourself dumbass or I'll shove my foot up your ass"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next