TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

After the race, Keselowski made a comment about Gordon being in the booth is a conflict of interest due to Jeff's financial ties to an active race team. This was brought on by Gordon's analysis of the 2 team's (pretty f'n blatant) attempt to casually bash in the door to gain an aero advantage of some kind. Jeff brought up Vegas and the fact that the 2 team did it there as well - only it wasn't the 2 team that did it there, but the 48 (pretty sure it was them, anyway). That one was Jeff's mistake, but he wasn't wrong to point out the 2's attempt to gain an advantage when it was plain as day.

Not sure what's more ridiculous, the fact that this is the first time "broadcast booth bias" has been brought to light - we don't have a regular "Kurt Busch Performance Update", after all - or the fact the Brad's stirring up shit over someone in the booth pointing out something his team was clearly in the wrong about. STFU.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Brad's sister also jumped in to reply and blast Gordon. All Kind of childish if you ask me. What I've seen and heard out of Jeff is MILES ABOVE the crap Mikey spews. Also, isn't kind of odd Brad says this but does join in the broadcast booth every now and then? Kind of hypocritical on his part.

Funny facts about Kurt. Last time he won at Pocono (2007) it was rained out to Monday and Jr finished 2nd. Also, his last 3 wins now have been impacted by weather as last April the Richmond race was moved to Sunday and Michigan last year was rain shortened.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Remember when Brad was a humble, adorkable kid who could drive the wheels off anything, and not a whiny, over-opinionated bitch who can drive the wheels off anything? I miss those days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They showed the 2 team bashing in the door at Vegas in the broadcast.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
Brad's sister also jumped in to reply and blast Gordon. All Kind of childish if you ask me. What I've seen and heard out of Jeff is MILES ABOVE the crap Mikey spews. Also, isn't kind of odd Brad says this but does join in the broadcast booth every now and then? Kind of hypocritical on his part.

Funny facts about Kurt. Last time he won at Pocono (2007) it was rained out to Monday and Jr finished 2nd. Also, his last 3 wins now have been impacted by weather as last April the Richmond race was moved to Sunday and Michigan last year was rain shortened.

Brad does Xfinity broadcasts, but doesn't have a financial interest - even though he does have links to Penske organizations.

As for '07, that was definitely not a Monday race. I was there, and the only Monday race I've ever been to was '09 (which made for a late drive to CT after the race). Perhaps you're thinking about the Michigan race a couple weeks after that, which was run on a Wednesday?

Last edited by Andre on Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:38 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Gordon is doing his job.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Andre wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:

Brad does Xfinity broadcasts, but doesn't have a financial interest - even though he does have links to Penske organizations.

As for '07, that was definitely not a Monday race. I was there, and the only Monday race I've ever been to was '09 (which made for a late drive to CT after the race). Perhaps you're thinking about the Michigan race a couple weeks after that, which was run on a Wednesday?

Shit you're right. The Michigan race he won that year was the rain out race. I got them confused. Pocono is when he dominated. 175 of 200 laps led if I remember correctly. Regardless, another rain delayed race win for him that year at MIS :lol:

But as for Brad, regardless he drives the 22 on occasion and owns a truck team all while helping in the booth at times. I don't think he really should be saying anything. He's a talented driver and I am a fan of Brad but he does need to quit mouthing off so much. Don't stop it just chill with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh yeah, he definitely laid a whuppin' on them in '07 - he did the same in '05 (and tried to make a "97" with his donut tire tracks), but '07 was way more of a whuppin'. haha

But yeah, as for Brad - shit, man, I think I'm one of the most vocal 24 fans on this forum, and I couldn't even bring myself to hate him after Texas in '14. It wasn't as black and white an issue as people made it out to be then, but this one, holy fudge man, just shut the hell up and race. Your team bent the rules, got called out for it, and that's their fault. Move on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Andre wrote:

That Michigan race was run on a Tuesday, IIRC.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I just checked a calendar and Racing-Reference, and you are correct... it just *felt* like a Wednesday. :lol:

I think the reason I thought that was, even on the Tuesday running of the races, there was a threat of rain - so in my head, I was like "holy crap, can you imagine a Wednesday race?" I guess it never happened, but my brain held on to the idea of it being a Wednesday race.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would like to see more proof on Brads affirmation that "Every team on Sunday had some kind of aerodynamic change after the pit-stops".