Toro Rosso 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Williams 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Marussia 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Caterham 7%  7%  [ 11 ]
Total votes: 160
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Red Bull was also massively disappointing IMO. But the biggest farce of the 2014 season was double points in Abu Dhabi :excited:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:27 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Ferrari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:36 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ferrari and Sauber clearly underperformaned. Lotus wasn't good either. Then Vettel and Kimi both didn't really convince and we Maldonado and Ericsson which I think weren't too strong either. And the Turbos because I'm still missing the old sound.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

drunkenmonkey wrote:
Red Bull was also massively disappointing IMO.

Replace Red Bull with Renault and I'd agree with you. They must have had some chassis to overcome that POS powertrain.

Post subject: Farce of the 2014 season
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Red Bull didn't do too badly in previous years when the Renault engine was 3rd best out of 3 suppliers. And Red Bull tried so hard to overcome the POS powerunit that their exploitation of the aero rules finally caught up with them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:52 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Red Bull did quite well I think. Still beat Williams, and 2nd place in constructors is a very good result.
At the beginning of the season, some people even thought that they would be racing with Caterham :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The governing body for not promoting the sport as effectively as they should.

The sport for being unable to send out positive messages and continually bitch at each other

Shout out to the scrutineers too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:11 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

sennadesillva wrote:
can i add the marshaling at suzuka to that list of farces to vote on??

Charlie Whiting and his utter reluctance to bring out the safety car will forever cast a shadow over the 2014 season.

Not quite sure how that was the marshals fault?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
sennadesillva wrote:

Charlie Whiting and his utter reluctance to bring out the safety car will forever cast a shadow over the 2014 season.

just stop it.
If he had brought out the SC, everyone would have been angry because it would have seem that he did it because of increasing rain. "let them race, it's their job, best drivers in the world my ass, F1 is for pussies" and what not.
If Jules Bianchi hadn't crashed then everyone would have thought "good decision not to bring out the SC".
The marshalls didn't do anything wrong, what else could they do but trying to get the car away as fast as possible.
It was a freak accident, nothing like this will ever happen again. The next car will hit the wall 2 meters earlier or further and the driver will walk away. The car and truck were almost gone, 10 seconds later and Bianchi would have hit something else.
The only one to blame in my opinion is the driver himself who didn't slow down enough for a yellow flag, THAT could have prevented everything. Many other series have a yellow zone where you can't go faster than an agreed maximum speed, if they introduce that in F1 then everyone has slowed down equally, no more "I slowed down, look, my sector was 0.1s slower".

but that's just my opinion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:38 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

The Bianchi accident could have happened in the wet or dry. It was just one of those terrible incidents that we hoped to never see.

Its not the marshals fault, in fact Japan has probably some of the most efficient marshals on the calendar. Contrast that to those of China where a whole bunch of them stand out there and do nothing.

There's plenty of other cases in F1 races where the SC would have been a no-brainer and it didn't come out - Spain 2006/Montoya comes to mind.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
sennadesillva wrote:

just stop it.
If he had brought out the SC, everyone would have been angry because it would have seem that he did it because of increasing rain. "let them race, it's their job, best drivers in the world my ass, F1 is for pussies" and what not.
If Jules Bianchi hadn't crashed then everyone would have thought "good decision not to bring out the SC".
The marshalls didn't do anything wrong, what else could they do but trying to get the car away as fast as possible.
It was a freak accident, nothing like this will ever happen again. The next car will hit the wall 2 meters earlier or further and the driver will walk away. The car and truck were almost gone, 10 seconds later and Bianchi would have hit something else.
The only one to blame in my opinion is the driver himself who didn't slow down enough for a yellow flag, THAT could have prevented everything. Many other series have a yellow zone where you can't go faster than an agreed maximum speed, if they introduce that in F1 then everyone has slowed down equally, no more "I slowed down, look, my sector was 0.1s slower".

This

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
Omega wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

just stop it.

This

So basically, "It was a complete fluke and no one should be held accountable, but yeah they could do some things better to avoid a repeat in future"? I think everyone shares that assessment to some level, and the only constructive thing to discuss is what could be learned and improved as a result TBH.