TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1024 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:55 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Fabs wrote:
I read that in a breaking news BBC article, so you should lol at them.

Silly Fabs, not citing sources.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vijay's launched an attack on RB

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-twitter/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Red Bull's flex appears to have been derived from a hidden leaf spring in the front wing assembly.

One assumes that this was leading to their flexing wings for the past few seasons, which could easily be seen on the track but could not be proven by the scrutineers' office.

Which leads me to assume that the scrutineers were given a nudge in the right direction.

Possibly by someone who is about to become very fond of the colour red.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:49 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

If that's true then I highly suspect vettels brakes might not be fully oiled or he'll be given a very old set of tyres at a pitstop or something.

Which I doubt because it'll be amazing sour grapes to pay the team back for 4 championships that only happened due to technical superiority

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:15 am 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Same punishment that was given to Toyota in Australia in 2009. They finished 3rd and 4th* (5th but for Lewis' disqualification)

I also agree with RtN. It's been pretty clear since Belgium that the team is favouring Hamilton more than Rosberg ("emotional favouritism", as Webber called it), but people won't have it because they're too busy looking at national flags instead of words and actions. Mercedes don't really care if it's a German or a Brit who wins - what matters more is that it would look bad on Mercedes' part if Rosberg was to win the title because of the necessary circumstances for that to happen and that they'll be seen to have damaged Lewis' title bid with reliability issues over the course of the year, so they have a vested interest in him winning it. If you have a choice between your own two drivers winning the title, you'd pick the "better" one

It doesn't really bother me - I'm not really bothered who wins, although I'd prefer it to be Lewis just because there would be less tedious whinging than if Nico won. Both have been excellent this season and whatever happens tomorrow won't detract from that

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

James, for the record or for what it's worth... After Spa I was of the same opinion as most, which is Rosberg got treated unnecessarily harshly for a racing incident but I stand by the "you make your bed, you lie in it" comment. Rosberg deserves the title after having a great year but please don't suggest I'm looking at national flags instead of words and actions. That's a tad insulting. Especially when you look back over my comments prior to today. Let's not take more things out of context.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:13 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

RAIN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:27 am 

kals wrote:
James, for the record or for what it's worth... After Spa I was of the same opinion as most, which is Rosberg got treated unnecessarily harshly for a racing incident but I stand by the "you make your bed, you lie in it" comment. Rosberg deserves the title after having a great year but please don't suggest I'm looking at national flags instead of words and actions. That's a tad insulting. Especially when you look back over my comments prior to today. Let's not take more things out of context.

It wasn't aimed at you. I've just seen it mentioned a few times in various places this year that Mercedes must be favouring Rosberg because he's German and Hamilton is British - my dad, for one. It's clearly nonsense and strikes me as typical English paranoia - looking for excuses and conspiracies which aren't there because a top English sportsman couldn't possibly lose by not being good enough. Not only is the team largely British anyway, but Mercedes aren't stupid enough to work against their best driver - if they wanted Rosberg to be the team leader, they wouldn't have hired a driver they knew was better than him. They might as well have kept Schumacher on in that case

In fact, that's quite an interesting scenario - imagine how this season would've gone had it been Schumacher (sans skiing accident, obviously) in the other Mercedes and not Hamilton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I thought that one of the reasons they want Hamilton to win is because he got a better wage so is a high investment

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:38 am 

LucasWheldon wrote:
I thought that one of the reasons they want Hamilton to win is because he got a better wage so is a high investment

Yup, you hit the nail in the head.

Hamilton has always been the darling of the team, he always get much more enthusiasm out of them whenever he wins or on the fewer ocasions he got pole.

Don't know what happened since Lewis arrival but, iirc, Nico was said to earn around $12m when Schumi was there and Michael $10m. Lewis earns more than $30m and I doubt Nico wage got that much of an increase to get even near that.

Every time Rosberg soundly beats Lewis in qualifying and puts a big gap like yesterday, there is that kind of odd athmosphere at Mercedes garage, afterall, the guy who earns much less should not be faster at all, nevermind by these gaps...

The typical claims of "Nico is being favoured because he's German"(the guy spent his whole life in Monaco, anyway) are pathetic excuses when Lewis salary is likely to be more than double of Nico's. Hire someone, paying much more, to then boycott him :slaphead:

Stupidity and crybabying at the highest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:38 am 

StefMeister wrote:
Mattzel89 wrote:
I'll just leave this here

Quote:
According to #F1 expert Eric Silberman on @bbc5livef1 it's going to rain in #AbuDhabiGP tomorrow!
I heard it when they said that, Said that he was told that by a local who said rain was expected over the next 24hrs & that its expected to be exceptionally heavy with some risk of flooding.

All the weather reports however saying no rain at all.

There is a 10% chance of rain for Monday, so it doesn't look likely.... however, it would add a nice twist to the championship finale....

How often does it rain there during this time of year - not much I'm assuming (March/April apparently receive large amounts of rain). If it did though, all the oil that's residing in the tarmac would rise to the surface & make it really tricky...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:33 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

WilliamsF1 wrote:

There is a 10% chance of rain for Monday, so it doesn't look likely.... however, it would add a nice twist to the championship finale....

How often does it rain there during this time of year - not much I'm assuming (March/April apparently receive large amounts of rain). If it did though, all the oil that's residing in the tarmac would rise to the surface & make it really tricky...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi# ... nd_climate

0,3 mm of precipitation in the whole month of November. I didn't expect that kind of humidity though.

And the weather will be sunny forever:

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Arab_Emir ... Abu_Dhabi/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:52 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

i was at yas nearly a year ago. people told me it rains but in reality it is like a downpour lasting for a few minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Don't recall ever being so underwhelmed by a Championship decider. :/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Now that RB were excluded, they've now put a full race setup on their cars.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Horner bitching about the other teams wings.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:17 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

so, a quick reminder, if rosberg end 1st, where should hamilton place himself to win the championship?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:18 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

2nd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:24 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
2nd

from 3th downword he lose?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:25 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes.

Hamilton will choke.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1024 Next