TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1575 posts ]  Go to page Previous 166 67 68 69 7079 Next

Who will lead the Drivers Championship after the Japanese GP?
Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:53 am
Lewis HAMILTON 64%  64%  [ 21 ]
Nico ROSBERG 36%  36%  [ 12 ]
Total votes: 33
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:24 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

This is absolutely worse than I imagined. I have no words to describe it. The most impressive thing is how much the tractor lifts up on impact and the Sauber just falling off the crane. Regardless of the outcome, which as all of us I hope will be somewhat positive, this could easily have been a multiple fatality. The marshall signalling to call an ambulance must have nerves of steel, after witnessing all of this and not panicking a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:24 pm 

It's an absolute miracle that all the marshals around the area weren't even injured. Awful video.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:30 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Everyone, I sincerely apologize for everything I said yesterday before the race got on it's way. I was certain that it would not continue after the first red flag. I deeply regret the bad choice of my words, never thought it would be anything else than bad, sarcastic one liner. What a cruel...cruel twist of fate. That GIF is the worst thing I've ever seen. :(

I hope Jules makes a good recovery.

I am very sorry for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:32 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Oh dear...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:47 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Found 2 more pictures.

WARNING SERIOUS CRASH

Spoiler:

WARNING SERIOUS CRASH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
cambridge wrote:
if i'm not wrong somewhere when you buy the ticket for the granprix you accept that every picture you make and every video you take is property of FIA or FOA. Don't know if this is considered legal or not in every country they race

the rules are simple, all the footage and images that you make is only for personal purposes, not commercial. so if you upload the video to youtube and capitalize it, it's illegal but I don't see them doing that way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:04 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

indeed. however even if you upload on youtube and don't make money from it, you're going against the terms of use.

They're only for you to enjoy. So you can print a picture and hang it on the wall, but technically you can't let anyone see it :) Obviously they're generally a lot less strict in practice (duh)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:21 pm 

I don't agree with you guys considering the speed. IMO , looking at the full speed vid, he wasn't going that fast, at max 100kmh, I'd say less. The blunt impact with the truck makes it look absolutely horrific though :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:21 pm 

matthew wrote:
indeed. however even if you upload on youtube and don't make money from it, you're going against the terms of use.

They're only for you to enjoy. So you can print a picture and hang it on the wall, but technically you can't let anyone see it :) Obviously they're generally a lot less strict in practice (duh)

So the uploader should be the only one that can see it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The GIF makes it seem much faster.

I think the reason FOM remove as much as they can from YT is that as part of the terms of use of YT, anything you upload, you sign over all commercial rights to YT for the video, so they may syndicate it out to anybody they have agreements with, obviously FOM keep strict control of their images (non-broadcast channels have to pay a fee to show race highlights in news broadcasts etc) and they don't want broadcasters side-stepping it and taking stuff off YT for free.

A friend of mine fell foul of this a few weeks ago, he filmed something that was taken off YT by the BBC and broadcast on the news, when he complained he was told the BBC could use anything on YT through a syndication agreement and when he complained to YT, they simply said read your user agreement, you agreed to us using/selling your footage to/how we wanted when you signed up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Picture of Jules without helmet.

Warning: Serious crash. Picture not graphic.

Spoiler:

Edit: Don't know if it's been posted, but look at how the rollbar was ripped off.
Spoiler:
[img]https://joseinacioblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/bianchi22.jpg[img]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ian-S wrote:
I think the reason FOM remove as much as they can from YT is that as part of the terms of use of YT, anything you upload, you sign over all commercial rights to YT for the video, so they may syndicate it out to anybody they have agreements with, obviously FOM keep strict control of their images (non-broadcast channels have to pay a fee to show race highlights in news broadcasts etc) and they don't want broadcasters side-stepping it and taking stuff off YT for free.

Yes, anything filmed inside the circuit is property of FOM and due to the deals with broadcasters, you're not even supposed to film.

Same in that unless you're an accredited photographer, you can't take images and sell them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Stoegi wrote:
I don't agree with you guys considering the speed. IMO , looking at the full speed vid, he wasn't going that fast, at max 100kmh, I'd say less. The blunt impact with the truck makes it look absolutely horrific though :(

That is already huge for a residual speed upon impact. M. Schumacher's Silverstone crash was a little above 100kph also. But yeah, when the whole energy goes into a single punctual impact, it hurts :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
at least he didn't got superficial injuries like Schumacher did

when a racing drivers have a massive crash I usually get too optmistic, like when Massa crashed I even thought he could return to Spa (that before seeing his helmet pics), the same with Kubica. I'm also optimistic with Bianchi, I even hope he can recover quickly, in 6 months at least

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

amq55 wrote:
Picture of Jules without helmet.
Warning: Serious crash. Picture not graphic.
Spoiler:

I'm not sure if there's dirt or blood on the glove. We haven't seen the left side of the head, but I'd guess the damage is predominantly on the left as it took the hit. :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:08 pm 

coldtyre wrote:
Stoegi wrote:

That is already huge for a residual speed upon impact. M. Schumacher's Silverstone crash was a little above 100kph also. But yeah, when the whole energy goes into a single punctual impact, it hurts :(

It indeed does. I was just trying to point out that if he had hit the tire wall instead of the truck he'd very likely just climbed out of that car immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:27 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Can I also say that despite all the (definitely deserved) hate Maldonado gets with his driving standards, I feel touched by how quickly he has gone to visit Bianchi, despite the incredibly tight schedule F1 has these 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:28 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

coldtyre wrote:
Eddington mains wrote:
Not often I go cold when I see a crash, there's possibly only two or 3 I'm my lifetime that have done that..
Make it 4...

Joining you there mate.

I honestly did not expect anything this fast, or the tractor to be pushed up like that.

same here...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

StanV wrote:
Can I also say that despite all the (definitely deserved) hate Maldonado gets with his driving standards, I feel touched by how quickly he has gone to visit Bianchi.

Yeah, some of the drivers are very close and it's always great to see. Maldonado is part of the All Road Management group, which is managed by Nicolas Todt. Massa and Calado are the other drivers under his wing (as well as Bianchi, obviously, who is Todt's star driver).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:31 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Last time I felt this awkward,not knowing anything for some time was at Montreal 2007.

I can't say I felt the same in Budapest 2009,as Massa was clearly seen alive and "okay" as he raised his finger. And he was conscious.

Kubicas legs were sticking out,no news ,everyone shocked.

And yesterday,so much stress,a bad felling,the pitlane chaos,people at Marrusia running to the medical center. Horrible. And seeing the crash,just makes me sick.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1575 posts ]  Go to page Previous 166 67 68 69 7079 Next