TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1298 posts ]  Go to page Previous 153 54 55 56 5765 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
I´ve never heard of drivers having to pay the fines out of their own pockets.

Fines are meant to hurt you a bit. A €5000 fine will hurt me all year, a multi million company with big sponsorship will pay it with a smile and make the same offence again next week.
The risk of a 1 million fine will make them think again.

And in the end, the best way to avoid a fine of any kind is to not break the rules.

I've long been a big fan of the Finnish model where it is based on wealth and income. Probably everyone heard the story of the Nokia boss that had to pay a massive fine for speeding just a bit.

Like you said, a €5000 would cripple me. Hell, even a €200 fine would hurt me. But for others even a €10.000 fine is nothing.

And as stated before, the $1 million fine is only for the worst of the worst. Up until now it was $250.000 and I cant remember that one ever been handed out to a driver.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dennis and Hadjar will take over the Red Bulls for FP1 in Abu Dhabi.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They should have just added "driver's name rhymes with pants troll" to the $1m fine conditions and then everyone would have understood.

The fact the FIA rolled this out the same weekend they handed out 5 second penalties for illegal passes to cars that can pull that gap in 5 laps is peak FIA.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the fact that drivers can overcome time penalties by simply driving away and use it as part of strategy for me is plain wrong. They should simplify the sport, not turn into a series of bureaucratic gimmicks that makes the average joe confused

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:26 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Philthy82 wrote:
They should have just added "driver's name rhymes with pants troll" to the $1m fine conditions and then everyone would have understood.

The fact the FIA rolled this out the same weekend they handed out 5 second penalties for illegal passes to cars that can pull that gap in 5 laps is peak FIA.

The only thing this $1Million will be used for is "bringing the sport into disrepute" you can count on it

Which will cover driving with tattoos/jewellery/being outspoken on LGBT/Green/progressive issues or having a dog in the paddock.... :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

After a few weeks of paddock rumours, Der Spiegel is now reporting that Audi's entry is under formal review. The boss that was keen to enter left last month and his replacement does not seem as enthused.

https://www.reuters.com/sports/motor-sp ... 023-10-26/

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:47 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

I'd seen some comments elsewhere about this a little while ago. It seems a complete 180 could be on the cards for Audi: reinstatement of their customer programmes while F1 is scrapped. Which is the right thing to do really.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Which leaves Sauber open for an andretti incursion

Not the best outcome but is the one that suits everybody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There goes my hopes for more than 20 cars. Well, maybe when I'm 85 things have changed so much that they will eventually have 26 f-zeros on the grid. Then I can die peacefully.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So everyone bents over backwards to suit VAG and when they got their way first Porsche pulls out and now Audi?

They should sue VAG into oblivion. Destroy VAG. As restitution Mercedes gets Audi, VW goes to Honda. Skoda and Seat to Renault.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Funny you mention, for a very brief moment Audi was Mercedes property, but then VW stepped in and bought the brand to forward development of water cooled engines

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:10 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

LOL that's amazing and they're completely right to stay out of a garbage "show" like F1.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So this Red Bull will go down as one of the greatest F1 cars of all time, but strangely it doesn't feel like the Williams of 1992 which statistically wasn't as good. The Williams was also over a second, sometimes a second and a half a lap faster (though I can't help but feel that Max hasn't fully unleashed the cars full potential due to not getting things banned for being too fast). I also put it down to Perez. He has been useless in a car that is statistically one of the best there has ever been. At least Patrase wasn't as useless as Perez.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Perez is only useless because the car has been tailored to Max and they won’t make any accommodations for Perez’s driving style, it’s exactly what Ferrari did with Eddie Irvine when Michael Schumacher was the golden child, as soon as Schu broke his leg at Silverstone Ferrari started adjusting the car for Irvine and he started winning races.

Maybe we need Max to take a few weeks off to see if Perez really is as shyte as it appears or whether RBR are favouring Max (not that anybody who has been watching for more than five minutes would need any confirmation).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Perez is just the first time we see Red Bull's toxicity applied to a solid veteran driver. Only difference with youngsters is that it took two and a half seasons to manifest and completely break him, instead of half a season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ian-S wrote:
Maybe we need Max to take a few weeks off to see if Perez really is as shyte as it appears or whether RBR are favouring Max (not that anybody who has been watching for more than five minutes would need any confirmation).

Let´s give the man who is 95% certain of winning the race a worse car, to see if the man who can´t reach the podium anymore is better than we currently expect.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

Let´s give the man who is 95% certain of winning the race a worse car, to see if the man who can´t reach the podium anymore is better than we currently expect.
I think Ian was suggesting a situation where Max can't race for a few weeks like what happened with Schumacher - let's encourage Max to take up some extreme sports! Though I do think the Ferrari disparity between team mates never seemed quite as extreme when the Ferrari was the dominant car

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
Perez is only useless because the car has been tailored to Max and they won’t make any accommodations for Perez’s driving style, it’s exactly what Ferrari did with Eddie Irvine when Michael Schumacher was the golden child, as soon as Schu broke his leg at Silverstone Ferrari started adjusting the car for Irvine and he started winning races.

I get that, and yes I agree. But even with a car not tailor made for him he should still be finishing on the podium at most races at least. The car is still head and shoulders above the rest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

shitpost of the day: as soon as a driver wins the championship mathematically, he goes home and lets the rest of them race the remainder of the season for other championship positions. Make it mandatory to give that seat to the reserve driver - that may also spice up the constructors championship in years with dominant cars.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
shitpost of the day: as soon as a driver wins the championship mathematically, he goes home and lets the rest of them race the remainder of the season for other championship positions. Make it mandatory to give that seat to the reserve driver - that may also spice up the constructors championship in years with dominant cars.

this is not shit, it does make sense. and that's why they'll never put this in place

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1298 posts ]  Go to page Previous 153 54 55 56 5765 Next