TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:28 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I didnt hear it explained during the race, but does anyone know why when Will Power hits equipment and a crew member he just goes to the back of the line under a caution, but on a smaller track, during green flag conditions Sato was made to drive through and do a stop and go penalty?? Both cars still got serviced that time in and continued on to finish the race. I mean even Jordan King, whos tire changer had to be carried off and later have surgery on his leg, was only given a drive through at Indy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:03 pm 

sennadesillva wrote:
I didnt hear it explained during the race, but does anyone know why when Will Power hits equipment and a crew member he just goes to the back of the line under a caution, but on a smaller track, during green flag conditions Sato was made to drive through and do a stop and go penalty?? Both cars still got serviced that time in and continued on to finish the race. I mean even Jordan King, whos tire changer had to be carried off and later have surgery on his leg, was only given a drive through at Indy.

Indycar has its official rules online and based on that, well, it's pretty much official discretion to determine the severity and the type of the penalty.

Personally I would easily buy the argument that Power and King's incidents were not as much of the "WTF were you doing" type. Sato really overcooked it coming into the pits by a lot more from my perspective, and thus probably deserved the more severe penalty that he got.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought it was a great race

Outside in 1/2 was hard to make it work, but possible

I think Herta / Dixon is on both, Herta was on the apron before the pinch by Dixie.

Sent from my SM-S766C using Tapatalk