Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
RHR hit the wall

Terrible day for him

His radio was fun to listen to.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:28 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Very entertaining race. I can't say enough about how much I like this new car. I used to dread Long Beach because it was such a bore with the cars from the last decade, but we saw action all day today.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

just got finished watching it, great race!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What a picture, what a nice looking car:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Great race even though it was dominated at the front!, thanks Indycar for creating such an awesome package :D

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bourdais got robbed a couple times in that race. Rossi is driving at an exceptional level at the moment. That was a master stroke yesterday. Would've liked to see what Seb could've done with no penalties because he's was reeling in Rossi until he had to give the spot back.

Questionable officiating but this series is definitely heading in the right direction. Bring on Barber.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:14 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhyrN4w9HM4

Here is a 30 Minutes race recap.
I like those Fast Forwards a lot! Probably I'll download them and burn a Season Bluray with cover and menu and all that shit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:51 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

"Sometimes you have to lick the stamp and send it"
And sometimes you lick the stamp, send it and race control spits all over it and sends it right back to you

This overtake has been a great signifier for the two different types of Motorsport fans

Type 1: "What a great pass, this is exactly what we all want to see from motorsport. What? He got a penalty for it? Fuck over-zealous rule makers finding reasons to remove any kind of fun from the sport"

Type 2: "Rules are rules, he crossed the line and must be penalised for it. He shouldn't even try this type of move if he can't obey an arbitrary blue line that he probably couldn't see"

Personally, I'm type 1. To hell with the rule makers for enforcing that (every other pit blend line is the responsibility of the cars exiting the pits to not cross, not the cars already on track) There were other violations that day they didn't do anything about. Killjoys.

Aside from that, great race.

A shame about the end though. What's the point of push to pass if someone with 3x the amount of time left than the leader can't even get close?
They probably need to work on some kinda DRS style way of working it, otherwise there's zero point having it at all if it's the same for everyone.
Might as well just take it right off

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The line was blue where he went over it, they always go on about not crossing the yellow line when exiting the pits.

And P2P is fine, Rossi used it exactly when he needed to. He was way faster then Power any way. Any one else and Power would have probably gotten them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think that some people are underestimating the importance of enforcing the small, 'silly' rules.

Because race car drivers, being the sort of people they are, will take miles when inches are offered in pursuit of a better result. And a Race Control office that does not clamp down on this behaviour early will see it proliferate; "if he did it and got away with it, so can I". And eventually everyone will be taking the piss because the driver that doesn't loses out.

And sooner or later there will be consequences. Maybe the driver(s) involved will get lucky. Maybe they won't. Regardless, the result from the officiating side will always be to introduce a larger, more prominent, more disruptive rule or rules to show everyone that they have learnt a lesson, usually at the cost of the spectacle.

In this particular case, it clearly isn't a hidden rule as PT raised a flag on the first or second replay. If he knows, then all the active drivers should certainly know. I do agree that the line should be a different colour. Dark blue is an odd choice.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I know Marshall is maybe over analyzing this a bit, but worth a watch:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:31 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

RtN wrote:
I think that some people are underestimating the importance of enforcing the small, 'silly' rules.

Because race car drivers, being the sort of people they are, will take miles when inches are offered in pursuit of a better result. And a Race Control office that does not clamp down on this behaviour early will see it proliferate; "if he did it and got away with it, so can I". And eventually everyone will be taking the piss because the driver that doesn't loses out.

And sooner or later there will be consequences. Maybe the driver(s) involved will get lucky. Maybe they won't. Regardless, the result from the officiating side will always be to introduce a larger, more prominent, more disruptive rule or rules to show everyone that they have learnt a lesson, usually at the cost of the spectacle.

In this particular case, it clearly isn't a hidden rule as PT raised a flag on the first or second replay. If he knows, then all the active drivers should certainly know. I do agree that the line should be a different colour. Dark blue is an odd choice.

This one should go under the Alex zanardi laguna Seca rule for "we messed up by not making the rules very clear, you did somehing so badass that we can't do anything about it in retrospect, but we'll close that loophole for next year"

Now every time the goddamn 3 way pass is shown there'll be anal, rules are rules types rushing to the comment section to tell the world how it was an illegal pass which is the last thing you want to see when you look at a brilliant move like that.

We're here to discuss wheel to wheel racing, not a rulebook.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:12 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Maybe even Dixon thought pass was too bad-ass to be penalized, he barely fought back the second time around.

So, 3 races in, championship contenders should Rossi, Newgarden and... anyone else? Bourdais maybe. Noone else has been consistant or fast yet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:27 pm 

The proper decision would have been to recognize the crime and issue an official warning from race control to Froggy.