It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:42 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Well, that was dull.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

well, it wasn't that exciting, but there was a couple of nice passes in that race.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd expect F1 tomorrow to be worse mind.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:07 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Gaara wrote:
I'd expect F1 tomorrow to be worse mind.

F1 will be worse, but FOM will highlight the few battles that take place

Indycar was probably a much better race than was shown, with ABC doing their best to hide the excitement, miss what drivers were on push to pass when making a move, talk endlessly about fuel strategy as if that was the only thing worth watching the racing for, and spend way too long either in pit lane. going through the field or in ads thereby missing important chunks of action

RIP ABC Indycar, your days are numbered.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:

Indycar was probably a much better race than was shown, with ABC doing their best to hide the excitement, miss what drivers were on push to pass when making a move, talk endlessly about fuel strategy as if that was the only thing worth watching the racing for, and spend way too long either in pit lane. going through the field or in ads thereby missing important chunks of action

What annoyed me most about the broadcast, yet again, was their endless rambling about the Indy 500. Don't get me wrong, it is the most important race of the year, and I'm looking forward to it as much as any of you fine folks, but to treat this whole season as if only Indy mattered kinda pissed off.

Well at least my Helio jinx worked out.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I can't get excited with these cars at Road Courses, not after watching some 1994 during the winter break. No power, heavy as a truck, no challenge to drive, no speed, too much grip, ugly and no overtakes.

Glad F1 and Nascar are nice and tasty (FOR ME) this year.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

pending wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

What annoyed me most about the broadcast, yet again, was their endless rambling about the Indy 500. Don't get me wrong, it is the most important race of the year, and I'm looking forward to it as much as any of you fine folks, but to treat this whole season as if only Indy mattered kinda pissed off.

Well at least my Helio jinx worked out.

To them, it does. Why would they care about the rest of the season afterwards when it is entirely on another network?

Next year watching the Disney races is going to be like pulling teeth. There will be no budget at all. Kind of hoping that they bail out early and leave it all for NBC to do.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
I can't get excited with these cars at Road Courses, not after watching some 1994 during the winter break. No power, heavy as a truck, no challenge to drive, no speed, too much grip, ugly and no overtakes.

Glad F1 and Nascar are nice and tasty (FOR ME) this year.

Yeah I agree. F1 this year is better for me than IndyCar. It's just not good on road/street AND ovals. Maybe the 500 and Pocono will be good but all the other ovals aren't. Hopefully Gateway is good though.

Barcelona will undoubtedly be a better race than this one. I'm not being sarcastic either. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can't wait for the new standard aero package

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

IndyCar is a tad ahead of F1 for me on the road & street course side, but not by much as both are high downforce cars with mild amounts of passing. Haven't watched a full NASCAR race ("premier"/top 3) since Daytona because I dislike their competition caution race format (still watch the regional/international tours & ARCA regularly though)

on the oval side, Phoenix was dull but kinda of expected it with the current package. Hopefully Indy will be good as normal, kinda of scared to see how Texas goes with the new pavement as tire wear isn't as high now (according to testing)

can't wait for the new aerokit next year though as it should help the racing across the board, especially with focus on low downforce.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
at least IndyCar doesn't bother to race on flooded street tracks and rained out road courses just for the sake of yakety sax

F1 cannot see some drops that they must do several laps under SC just to make a trail free of water

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:52 pm 

codename_47 wrote:

I thought the coverage improved *slightly*, from a 0.0 to a 0.1. They actually decided to occasionally show a select few back-marker passes -- a rarity for ABC.

Still, the inevitable transformation of ESPN, from the World Leader In Sports, to the World Leader In Shows Consisting of Talking Heads Angrily Babbling About Sports, can't come soon enough for Indycar.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:05 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Green for the day, Harvey is the first out.