TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2236 Next
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:54 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

kals wrote:
RtN wrote:
Wasn't being entirely serious.

But if Sato and Daly can handle semi-skimmed, I don't know what their excuse is. :p

Milk production in USA is very different to UK so you shouldn't look at it the way you are (I realise you're not being entirely serious). 2% is not an equivalent to skimmed or semi-skimmed. Here milk has a ridiculously long shelf life, can remain "fresh" in a refrigerator for 2 weeks+. 2% and fat free milks are also weirdly grey in their appearance.

I'm not sure what's the difference in the processes, but pasteurized milk here in Finland stays fresh for two weeks. It's just how efficiently the process is done, no chemicals added. Fat free milk is always weird blue-greyish. That part of milk used to be thrown away or given to the calves back in the good old days when real men wear boots and cowboy hats and chopped the trees down with their bare hands.

Oh, and Emmerson really deserves a slap for doing worst promo for Brazilian orange juice, which is great even without this type of gimmicks.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:00 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

God damn these guys are taking some chances.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That was cool as hell.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Amazing race!

The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

What a race! Really good stuff! 8)

Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Fantastic race

Location: Augusta, Georgia. First joined TBK july 2002 as alltel#12fan
Wow. Awesome race!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

10/10

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:04 pm 

That race was fun as hell.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Stuck at work, sounds like I'll need to catch this one when it gets uploaded on Youtube.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:58 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Now that the Freedom 100 is behind, I hope we could all just start to build up the hype in here for the Greatest Spectacle in autoracing. I challenge all of you to post your favorite Indy memories either in a form of video or by telling the tale, since we have many members who've been on the sacred grounds of motorsports.

I'll start with one of my favorites, which is my first 500.

My very first Indy500. It's the year 2003, the IRL-era. Back in the day it was not easy to enjoy this great event in Finnish Lapland, north from the Arctic Circle, next to the Russian border. Luckily my father had bought satellite antenna, so we had Eurosports (which sucks, obviously, but that's all we got over here). So it's Sunday and I'm about to see my first 500. The catch is that I have high school exam week ahead. I should be studying but I'm spending my time watching statistics and qualifying stats from this board. I had an old school big fat 13" 4:3 monitor that weighted about 10 kilos.

I know I should be studying, but I'm determined to see the race and skipping a good sleep as well. Although I've already seen a VHS-tape of 1992 race with Finnish narration, the race is mind blowing for my Formula One oriented brain. There's battle for the lead, there's the Andretti curse, great racing names like Scheckter, Vasser, Gordon, Sharp and de Ferran, lots of retirements.

But what really stuck in to my mind was Dan Wheldon's flip. That was the hardest high speed crash I've ever seen in my life. And he walked away! Now, Eurosports didn't really show the race live, but with about two hours tape delay. So there I was watching the finish at 4 am all stocked and pumped with adrenaline. This race was a classic, still is from that specific era.

So after three hours of sleep I had to woke up for an exam in biology. How did it went? Well, just like the race, 9½ or A-. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that on my paper! I thought I'd tanked it because of not getting enough of sleep. For me it was a miracle, a miracle of the Indianapolis 500.

Later on that year I wrote an essay for Finnish grammar about IndyCar vs. Formula One. Got an 8+, which is B+. People in Finland believed in F1 more in Häkkinen/Räikkönen era.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My best memory, obviously was when I was able to attend, in 2016.

I remember arriving to Indianapolis after a looong loooong drive (none of my partners knew how to drive), driving on 16th St. and to see those grandstands at the distance, that was so exciting. To arrive thursday evening before the race, to the main gate, where it reads "INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY", and just stare at it. I made it. I. fucking. made. it.

To get to the track the next day. To see final practice. The first time I saw an IndyCar in full working mode (not a show car without engine and stuff), and at THE place to see them. The first sight of the cars entering Turn 1 and 220+, I will never forget that.

The atmosphere. The people. The sounds. The smells in Gasoline Alley. Main St. Eating at Dawson's. This is where I want to be. Where I need to be. The center of it all. The cathedral. My Vatican City. My Mecca.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the best one I had the opportunity to see it live (not on the track, never been there haha) was 2011, when I saw Hildebrand going for the move behind Kimball I thought "he's doing this wrong" and bang into the wall, no one knew what the fuck was happening, took some seconds until they showed Wheldon as winner, instant classic

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:38 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

If anyone finds a freedom 100 stream or download id be very grateful

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Beezle wrote:
If anyone finds a freedom 100 stream or download id be very grateful

Give me an hour or so.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:54 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Now that the Freedom 100 is behind, I hope we could all just start to build up the hype in here for the Greatest Spectacle in autoracing. I challenge all of you to post your favorite Indy memories either in a form of video or by telling the tale, since we have many members who've been on the sacred grounds of motorsports.

I'll start with one of my favorites, which is my first 500.

My very first Indy500. It's the year 2003, the IRL-era. Back in the day it was not easy to enjoy this great event in Finnish Lapland, north from the Arctic Circle, next to the Russian border. Luckily my father had bought satellite antenna, so we had Eurosports (which sucks, obviously, but that's all we got over here). So it's Sunday and I'm about to see my first 500. The catch is that I have high school exam week ahead. I should be studying but I'm spending my time watching statistics and qualifying stats from this board. I had an old school big fat 13" 4:3 monitor that weighted about 10 kilos.

I know I should be studying, but I'm determined to see the race and skipping a good sleep as well. Although I've already seen a VHS-tape of 1992 race with Finnish narration, the race is mind blowing for my Formula One oriented brain. There's battle for the lead, there's the Andretti curse, great racing names like Scheckter, Vasser, Gordon, Sharp and de Ferran, lots of retirements.

But what really stuck in to my mind was Dan Wheldon's flip. That was the hardest high speed crash I've ever seen in my life. And he walked away! Now, Eurosports didn't really show the race live, but with about two hours tape delay. So there I was watching the finish at 4 am all stocked and pumped with adrenaline. This race was a classic, still is from that specific era.

So after three hours of sleep I had to woke up for an exam in biology. How did it went? Well, just like the race, 9½ or A-. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that on my paper! I thought I'd tanked it because of not getting enough of sleep. For me it was a miracle, a miracle of the Indianapolis 500.

Later on that year I wrote an essay for Finnish grammar about IndyCar vs. Formula One. Got an 8+, which is B+. People in Finland believed in F1 more in Häkkinen/Räikkönen era.

Nice, my favorite was the previous year. 2002. As Helio said, twice is better. Best victory celebration interview. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Specially having Helio winning in such a dramatic fashion. I normally only watch races more as a neutral viewer, only for good racing. But that day I was truly a fan.

Was a real shame that he didn't make it 3 in a row in 2003, but De Ferran winning is not bad at all.

As far as great race to watch from flag to flag, last year was the best by far. All the hype, the crash, lot's of great stories going around the field.

Last edited by Soul Reaver on Sat May 26, 2018 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:57 am 

Last year was nuts. Drivers were taking ridiculous chances, the racing was damned good and a 10/10 winner.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the Freedom 100 was alot of fun to watch, and proves that a race with a small car count can put on one hell of a race.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Grab it while you can before NBC have a fit like they normally do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFpAO4bs9Io

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2236 Next