TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 30
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Amateur video please. :p

*searches* Actually, it might be the one at the 45 second mark.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:03 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I was just coming here to post that.

Feels like a few more incidents than got on TV from the first race too...

And yeah, Gr-ate driver McDowell, BTCCs most "out of his depth" driver...

It wasn't the greatest BTCC meeting but it was a great start from which to build on in 2011.
Although he won two races I've changed my mind that 2011 will be a huge Plato runaway (an opinion that came from watching the WTCC opener and seeing how dominant those Chevys were )

The whole "fast in corners vs fast down straights" scenario left us some intriguing racing and as long as there is no suspicious rule changes in the near future then we can look forward to a few different winners and the differing track types favour different car/engine combinations.

And finally, I've never rated Brands Indy as a good track for racing. It is far too easy for the car in front to ride the inside line and defend, and multiple laps of which usually leads to the car or cars behind getting frustrated and seeing a half-chance as the only opportunity they'll get and going for it out of frustration, resulting in messy accidents.

There was precious little overtaking yesterday without a bit of pushing and shoving, and I blame the track for that more than the series itself.

And yeah after race 1 I really went off Shedden but he pulled some great moves in race 3 without contact so, jury's still out on him this year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't remember the NGTC turbos having such an advantage last year. I found the speed differential between the turbos and atmos at Brands an interesting variable. That said, the Honda looked so much faster than anything else out there. If anything has the potential to dominate this season, it will be the Civic. Jason Plato needs to think carefully about how much complaining he does about the turbos this season. Asking for performance equalisation is flying in the face of the entire new rules base Alan Gow has developed. Plato driving an old spec car with an old spec power unit. Nothing NGTC or future about his car, the like of which Alan Gow is trying to phase out of his championship.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, before Brands I was convinced that the Cruze would be the best package. Having seen Brands, I've changed my mind. The Civic - more so it seems in the hands of Shedden - is a mighty machine. On the short straights of Brands Hatch, the superiority of the NGTC turbo engines was plainly obvious, at tracks such as Silverstone, Snetterton, Donington I guess, Thruxton, Croft; Plato is going to be left for dead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Plato and RML have nothing to complain about. They made their choice to go old spec and if that turns out to be slower then too bad, so sad. See you next year when you've developed cars to the new rules the way a bunch of teams with far less experience and technical ability than RML did this year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I couldn't agree more

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 30