TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:43 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Was there something that happened before? During his rant Neal mentioned being hit from behind but any one could tell a thump from the side.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If that's for the move at Clearways that's a fucking terrible decision

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:

I'm no Chilton fan but I agree, terrible stewarding. Especially when you consider how many identical if not worse Clearways 'overtakes' Neal has done over the years. Pot meet kettle.
codename_47 wrote:
kals wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Plato's complaining about the jump start penalty. Twat.

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/142 ... er-penalty

When 29 other drivers don't have a problem, maybe the "grown up conversation" needs to be between yourself and your reflection in the mirror about if you're 5 years past your prime... :whistling:

What he’s saying is not wrong though.

Any time Plato says anything makes it automatically wrong for me

And again, no-one else had a problem, and yet despite him saying he'd "take it on the chin" he decided to blame both the stewards and start line marshals and basically everyone but himself for lining up improperly.

Hopefully this'll be his final season.

Why let facts get in the way of a standard-Plato rant hey? Yes no-one else had the same issue today, yes Plato was the only one. But we'll ignore the fact that the penalty for a few mm or inch out of position carries a hefty penalty shall we? Or would you be complaining had someone else said the same as Plato? Nope.

Enough with the Plato-ranting tripe please. The first few pages in the first race thread of the year and your pollution stinks this place out. Please give it a rest.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So apparently Chilton hit Neal in the rear twice before going on the inside where the side to side contact happened.

I think at that point he had enough time to drop back and not lose the place to Jelley by dropping back. He was likely going to get Neal eventually anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:59 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

kals wrote:
Schumifan wrote:

I'm no Chilton fan but I agree, terrible stewarding. Especially when you consider how many identical if not worse Clearways 'overtakes' Neal has done over the years. Pot meet kettle.
codename_47 wrote:
kals wrote:

What he’s saying is not wrong though.

Any time Plato says anything makes it automatically wrong for me

And again, no-one else had a problem, and yet despite him saying he'd "take it on the chin" he decided to blame both the stewards and start line marshals and basically everyone but himself for lining up improperly.

Hopefully this'll be his final season.

Why let facts get in the way of a standard-Plato rant hey? Yes no-one else had the same issue today, yes Plato was the only one. But we'll ignore the fact that the penalty for a few mm or inch out of position carries a hefty penalty shall we? Or would you be complaining had someone else said the same as Plato? Nope.

Enough with the Plato-ranting tripe please. The first few pages in the first race thread of the year and your pollution stinks this place out. Please give it a rest.

Wow

I expected better from you Kals

Yes i'm entirely serious about the Plato stuff just like I think Sebastian Vettel will/won't win every F1 race because of practice pace and the FIA are conspiring to give Mick Schumacher talent...(well....)
But yeah, ok, Xpert srs bizniss analysis in BTCC threads from now on. :roll:

It's not like the starts have been traditionally a free for all and this year they've stamped down on it, it's been the same across all motorsport for a very long time now. Mess up the start, the stewards will mess up your race.
Sour Grapes from Plato isn't going to change that.

But sure, to be popular on here you have to fall in with the groupthink. Contrasting opinions not wanted.
Lets continue to rag on the Chiltons instead then cos one of them was rude to you once, I'll fall in line

Congratulations Jason Plato, 2019 BTCC champion!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don’t care if you’re serious or not, seeing the same stuff over and over again gets boring. You’ve done the same for years and it’s not the first time some of us have asked you to cool it. Suggesting you expect better of me smacks of nothing but hypocrisy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:37 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not to distract from the catfight, but going back to stream access, I tried IPTV last night for the first time and it was pretty awesome. There's no way to lower stream quality on our iffy internet so it did buffer a bit as soon as anyone else went online. I think I might keep the subscription going at least through the BTCC season though. Can anyone here comment on IPTV's access to most other forms of motorsport, particularly those behind paywalls?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

See, this is what happens when KART99 isn't posting in the thread, you get all manor of people having a go at each other. I will attempt to be there for R2.

Really enjoyed the racing, and liked the winners we got. BTCC 2019 is ago!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lest we forget...

And this win stood. Paul O'Neill actually said 'fair do's' and never complained.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:31 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Geez, Plato & Neal drama lama keeps going in 2019? Like really? And I wanted to give this series a new shot instead of flushing it down the toilet. Guess I'll have to wait until these two clowns finally retire :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

But you can't compare three hits to one hit 16 years ago under different contact rules.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
But you can't compare three hits to one hit 16 years ago under different contact rules.

Oh I know, you're absolutely right. The example is to point out Neal's liberal use of the rules around contact which he's massively benefited from over many years. It's ironic that it is Dynamics and Neal that protested when you consider they had zero to gain from the protest. And moreover, like with the Plato situation, the penalty far outweighs the crime.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

kals wrote:
Gaara wrote:

Oh I know, you're absolutely right. The example is to point out Neal's liberal use of the rules around contact which he's massively benefited from over many years. It's ironic that it is Dynamics and Neal that protested when you consider they had zero to gain from the protest. And moreover, like with the Plato situation, the penalty far outweighs the crime.

Maybe they wanted to test out the new contact rules.

At the end of the day we have a Butcher win instead of a Chilton win. I'm good with that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:05 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

What we're comparing is a hit fully caught by multiple angles vs 1 where we only saw the tail end of it
Everyone who has seen it has pretty much said "Fair enough, you can't do that sort of thing"

The Neal 2003 one was more reminiscent of the Formula 4 last corner calamity and fair enough, I would've swapped the positions around on both of those incidents too

The BTCC race 3 one sounds like it was more reminiscent of Turkington Biffing someone out of the way at Brands at the 2017 finale, F1 stock car style, and there's a big difference between going for a move and it resulting in accidental contact and Burnout takedown style just shoving someone out of the way that people here are willing to overlook due to the players involved

Thankfully the stewards aren't partisan like we are, and they have access to way more information.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
Lest we forget...

And this win stood. Paul O'Neill actually said 'fair do's' and never complained.

Yeah, that's not even a move. Neal has a history of driving into the side of people on that corner, so I would have had no problem with Chilton not being penalised.
I seem to remember being at the track for that 2003 race. Would that have been the support to the Champ Car race?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Yeah, that's not even a move. Neal has a history of driving into the side of people on that corner, so I would have had no problem with Chilton not being penalised.
I seem to remember being at the track for that 2003 race. Would that have been the support to the Champ Car race?

:thumbsup:

Yes, this was one of the Champcar supporting races.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:32 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

this was a good set of opening races. it was cool to see a lot of underdogs have solid finishes. the S3 is one of my favourite cars in the series but it never had success with AMD, so hopefully this ain't a one off hit for them this year

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next