TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 521 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:05 pm 
Yeah that's it - if anything the web streaming should be behind the live TV footage simply because of the technical limitations of streamed video (the WSBK streaming on the official website is about 3/4 of a lap behind for instance). Plus if any of us want to keep up with the telemetry or timing you can get online, it's a bit hard to match up what's on TV with what's available online if it's more than a lap or so out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:14 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scotty wrote:
Who cares if the action is 5 minutes behind? Seriously (the channel 10 pun not intended)

It doesn't bother me if its behind, just so long as they show all the action, and not what happened at Phillip Island where they just lopped a chunk of the race out of the coverage so they could catch up & finish the broadcast on time.

Is it just me or does the coverage of Bathurst lately not have the 'pizazz' it used to... ie they acknowledge what Bathurst is & its importance and so, but the actual coverage comes across as just another championship round (which, to be fair, has always been VESA's intention, to have the championship as the be-all & end-all, not the Bathurst 1000)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:39 am 

racer69 wrote:
scotty wrote:
Who cares if the action is 5 minutes behind? Seriously (the channel 10 pun not intended)

It doesn't bother me if its behind, just so long as they show all the action, and not what happened at Phillip Island where they just lopped a chunk of the race out of the coverage so they could catch up & finish the broadcast on time.

Is it just me or does the coverage of Bathurst lately not have the 'pizazz' it used to... ie they acknowledge what Bathurst is & its importance and so, but the actual coverage comes across as just another championship round (which, to be fair, has always been VESA's intention, to have the championship as the be-all & end-all, not the Bathurst 1000)

It's just you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:08 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

This is the best race track in the world, only the Nurburgring Nordschleife comes close. There are so many challenging and awseome corners and lots of passing chances. Every time the drivers exit Murrays Corner it must send a chill down they're spine.

Always drama and excitement here, never seen a boring race ever.

Difficult to predict the winner, I'll go for an upset by Courtney/Besnard or finally Seto winning it after 20 something years.

Lots of drama/rolls/SC's/rain/spins/overtaking/mistakes/crashes/engine drams/pit lane dramas expected.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:57 am 

To get us going:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuQwjSNIzI0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:07 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Don't care who wins as long as it isn't Rick Kelly. Would be nice to see a combo with a Fujitsu driver win but I doubt that will happen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:13 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH4xYwRykZY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:14 am 

Reindler has been doing a pretty impressive job in the Fujitsu series, imo a stronger driver than Denyer this year over there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:17 am 
Ospi wrote:
Don't care who wins as long as it isn't Rick Kelly.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:29 am 

scotty wrote:
I havent paid much attention to the DVS this year. All i know is that all the top drivers are failed top-flight drivers. (Owen, Perkins, Canto)

Well that is always going to be the case. All the others are still very young with maybe a season or two experience under their belts whilst those others have been racing these things for years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:56 am 

but drop any of them down and they rape the Fujitsu field which is imo unfair for what is a development series. But there is nowhere else for them to go i suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:38 am 

price and Marshall would still be top 5 in Fujitsu. D'Alberto has already proven he is at the top of Fujitsu as well and Patrizi, well he kinda spawned.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:43 am 

JB-F1 wrote:
Ospi wrote:
Don't care who wins as long as it isn't Rick Kelly.

or Lowndes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Karl Reindler has done a good job for his first season in touring cars and the fujitsu series. I mean has kept up with his team mate canto aswell. I remember he did a desent job in A1GP too, scored a podium in China.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:29 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scotty wrote:
Ospi wrote:
scotty wrote:
I havent paid much attention to the DVS this year. All i know is that all the top drivers are failed top-flight drivers. (Owen, Perkins, Canto)

Well that is always going to be the case. All the others are still very young with maybe a season or two experience under their belts whilst those others have been racing these things for years.

I wasnt meaning to be cynical, ill imply however that some people in the top flight series dont deserve to be there.

Canto is the only failed top flight driver.

Perkins was thwarted through diabetes, but may not have had a drive this year anyway.

Owen performed reasonably strongly for Rod Nash Racing last year, but losing the Autobarn sponsorship, and the merge with Tony D'Alberto Racing left him out of a seat. Hardly a failure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:48 am 

Owen is very quick I believe, PI confirmed this.
I was never that taken with Perkins...or Price for the matter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:08 am 

pfft only coming back durign sunday = missing most of the big race = super fail.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:43 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

http://www.holdenmotorsport.com/default ... y&id=66968
Quote:
HRT Unveils New Bathurst Livery
Thursday, 2 October 2008

The Toll Holden Racing Team will help GM Holden to celebrate its 60th anniversary by rolling out a special commemorative livery on its two racing cars that will contest the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 on Sunday, October 12.

The sides of HRT’s distinctive day-glo red and pearl VE Commodore racers will each sport a 3D chrome-silver version of the team’s famous racing lion, while the bonnets will feature a striking chrome-silver 60th anniversary logo.

GM Holden Chairman and Managing Director Mark Reuss said the combination of the company’s on-track success and HRT’s winning heritage at the Bathurst classic created a natural opportunity for all Holden owners and supporters to celebrate the passing of six decades since the launch of Australia’s own car, the 48-215, in November, 1948.

“GM Holden has developed a proud racing heritage throughout its 60-year history with famous wins at Mount Panorama helping forge the company’s identity and its place in the Australian conscience,” Mr Reuss said.

“As we celebrate the 60th anniversary of the 48-215, it is fitting that the Holden Racing Team, our factory squad, will mark our history in a very special way when its cars take to the track at Bathurst.

“Certainly everyone at Holden, from our workforce to a legion of passionate fans, wishes HRT and our other Holden-sponsored teams the best of luck for this year’s great race.”

Garth Tander, who leads in the race for the V8 Supercar championship in the #1 Toll HRT Commodore, is joined by five-time Bathurst 1000 winner Mark Skaife in the car most pundits rate as Holden’s top chance for victory in the enduro classic.

“I was honoured to be asked to join the factory racing squad this year and of course, from that moment on, I’ve been especially looking forward to representing GM Holden at Bathurst,” he said. “To be carrying a livery of such historical significance is only going to add extra spice on the day and be even sweeter if we can get our nose in front by the end of the day.”

Skaife, who last won at Bathurst in 2005, said he loved the standout styling of the new livery, which will also be featured on the #2 car to be campaigned by Craig Baird and Glenn Seton. “It looks good, doesn’t it?” he said. “I thought our 2008 livery was the best I’ve seen but this is just awesome.

“Look, it’s not as though Garth and I need any additional motivation to win the 1000. We’ve both been there before and we’re absolutely focused on doing it again. But you definitely get an extra spark from something like this.

“One interesting thing to think about is that the last two times the HRT cars have run a celebratory livery – in Darwin in 2005 for our 50th team victory and at Sandown in 2003 for Mobil – we’ve gone on to win that round. It’s a good omen leading into Bathurst.”

GM Holden designer Peter Hughes penned both the original HRT ’08 livery and the new 60th anniversary additions and said the special Bathurst paint work represented the latest in long line of successful collaborations between Holden Design and Holden Motorsport, which oversees all of Holden’s racing activities.

“We really wanted to retain most of the ‘08 HRT look, so the distinctive day-glo red and pearl white of the current livery had to stay, but we knew something unforgettable had to be added to signify our 60th birthday celebrations,” he said.

“The massive 3D chrome-silver lion that dominates the side of the car symbolizes Holden’s 60th anniversary, plus our passion and pride for being involved in motorsport. This is coordinated with the bold chrome-silver 60th Anniversary logo on the bonnet. The rest of the livery remains simple and sympathetic to the lines of the VE.

“The whole effect is fresh and very striking, yet the livery is executed in a way that it remains unmistakably ‘HRT’. I hope all the Holden fans at Bathurst like the celebratory new look.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:52 am 

Now that's hot. Looking forward to seeing it in the wall next weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:00 am 

I agree that is an awesome livery and +99999 for wanting to see it in the wall or garage or anywhere apart from near the checkered flag. Not that i dislike Tander, the boy is good but big nose has pissed me off a few times (makes a good commentator though).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 521 Next