TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 611 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 2731 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:17 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

1. For those saying they were just fighting for 3rd. Normally these top-level-riders don't fight each other SO hard this early in a race. You will loose contact with the guys in front so it ruïns any chances of a better result. These fights in the final laps ok, but not with 16/17 laps to go.

2. If Marquez is fighting for position and not to hold up Rossi, then why didn't he fight Jorge? Why didn't he try everything with Lorenzo like he did with Rossi? Even Race Control aknowledged that Marc was playing dirty games, but did not break any rules doing so.

3. As Josh Brookes said, an unwritten rule says you do not intervene in a championship battle when you are no longer part of it. Someone please tell Marc about this rule...

4. For those who still think Rossi 'kicked' Marquez of his bike, like Marc is saying, please look with your eyes open. Rossi his leg doesn't move before Marquez decides to make contact with his helmet. He basically rides into Rossi, who is obvious blocking his line. This makes Marquez crash and Rossi reacts with pushing his knee out and slipping from his footstep as a result of the contact. He never moved his leg towards the Honda BEFORE Marquez hits him. No doubt about it.

Rossi his comments on thursday about Marc helping Jorge came as unexpected for me as for many. I just thought it were mind games from Vale. But I do remember thinking that Marc was very fast halfway the Aussie GP but suddenly lost pace and fell back. After lots of good fights, it was Jorge who came out in front with Valentino not being able to close that gap. Marc knew he could so he went for it and got a well deserved victory. But after yesterdays events I know Rossi was right.

Even as a Rossi fan I am aware Valentino was wrong in pushing him wide and slowing him down like he did here. He deserves a penalty for that, no doubt. But what Marc did yesterday was even worse. He intervened in one of the most thrilling championship battles in recent years. Thats a NO GO. If Jorge can't win the championship by himself then he doesn't deserve it. And Jorge knows exactly what Marc is doing and he proved that by leaving the podium early just to scream and shout in race control about Rossi not being DSQ! Why does he think he needs to be there? He wasn't involved. Why is he taking the side of a Honda rider instead of his own teammate?!

Oh wait....they're both Spanish :yuk:

#SpainVsRossi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:30 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Excuse me by can some Rossi fans tell me why Marquez passed Lorenzo on the last lap in AUS if he wanted to help him to win the title? :slaphead:

Making it easy on Lorenzo in Sepang was directly caused by Rossi's comments on Friday IMO. The mind games backfired and for once - for all his experience - Rossi outsmarted himself. He made it personal and then all the gloves were off.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:45 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I did not say he wants to GIVE Jorge the title, but HELP him getting it done. Obviously Marc wants to win himself but he also tried everything to keep the group together and let Jorge have a bit of an advantage so Rossi could not get to him in the final stages in the race. Marc didn't care who would win, he or Jorge. He just wanted to try to keep Jorge in front of Vale...

Since when is Pedrosa faster then Marquez? Yes you are right. Since Marquez is out of the championship battle and more busy with helping Jorge... Com'on we all know Marc is faster then Dani ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:04 pm 

Marquez himself said earlier this season he's only going for wins now that he's lost the title chances. Letting Lorenzo win in AUS would surely help #99 too ;) I'm sorry but without the Friday comments none of this would have happened. Sometimes you need to keep your mouth shut. Rossi opened the tiger cage and now is surprised the tiger is chasing him around.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:44 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Gallie wrote:
1. For those saying they were just fighting for 3rd. Normally these top-level-riders don't fight each other SO hard this early in a race. You will loose contact with the guys in front so it ruïns any chances of a better result. These fights in the final laps ok, but not with 16/17 laps to go.
Marquez has done it several times, not only with Rossi, he's always fighting and fighting although it's not the last lap. Much better than Rossi's style, which means get just behind the other the whole race and make the move at the very last moment.

Gallie wrote:
2. If Marquez is fighting for position and not to hold up Rossi, then why didn't he fight Jorge? Why didn't he try everything with Lorenzo like he did with Rossi? Even Race Control aknowledged that Marc was playing dirty games, but did not break any rules doing so.
Marquez ran wide at Turn 4, that was very clear I think.

Gallie wrote:
3. As Josh Brookes said, an unwritten rule says you do not intervene in a championship battle when you are no longer part of it. Someone please tell Marc about this rule...
And a written rule says you can't push your leg out of the bike in order to kick someone.

Gallie wrote:
4. For those who still think Rossi 'kicked' Marquez of his bike, like Marc is saying, please look with your eyes open. Rossi his leg doesn't move before Marquez decides to make contact with his helmet. He basically rides into Rossi, who is obvious blocking his line. This makes Marquez crash and Rossi reacts with pushing his knee out and slipping from his footstep as a result of the contact. He never moved his leg towards the Honda BEFORE Marquez hits him. No doubt about it.
With the helicopter shot I think it's clear Marquez falls off the bike when Rossi's leg is moving. Marquez said after the race that he had to retired because the brake handle was broken due to Rossi's kick. It's not so clear as you believe.

Gallie wrote:
Oh wait....they're both Spanish :yuk:

#SpainVsRossi
Have you anything against Spaniards? I'm one of them!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:48 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Just to make one thing clear: I have nothing against anyone here. Only thing I don't like is that there's too much influence of Spanish riders/sponsors/organizers that clearly wanna see Jorge win it over Rossi. I don't think thats what this sport is about. Even Repsol (!) is saying Rossi wasn't punished enough. WTF do they have to do with it? Oh wait, they rule Honda because they pay for it. That is why Pedrosa is still on that bike. They threatened Honda to leave if they didn't gave him a new contract... :slaphead:

And if you still think he kicked him of the bike: NO MOVEMENT from Rossi his leg before Marquez rides into it. Period. Marc decides to lean into Vale and that is when he pushes Rossi's leg of his footstep and that what makes it look like Rossi was 'kicking' or something. Well he clearly wasn't, even my biggest Marquez friends have admitted that here ;) Rossi only wanted him to run wide and make a message. Something that doesn't belongs on a racetrack and should be punished indeed...

We'll still have a race on our hands on november 8th and oh my....what a day it would be when Rossi would get that 10th title! #GOAT :flag:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:03 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Gallie wrote:
Even Repsol (!) is saying Rossi wasn't punished enough.
Marquez was involved in the collision.

Gallie wrote:
And if you still think he kicked him of the bike: NO MOVEMENT from Rossi his leg before Marquez rides into it. Period. Marc decides to lean into Vale and that is when he pushes Rossi's leg of his footstep and that what makes it look like Rossi was 'kicking' or something. Well he clearly wasn't, even my biggest Marquez friends have admitted that here ;) Rossi only wanted him to run wide and make a message. Something that doesn't belongs on a racetrack and should be punished indeed...
So you're saying the Rossi version (he went wide just to have a better exit and better straight line speed) or it was a message to Marquez? Or you're against him or he's lying... And the second one is the clearest one. Bear in mind that I'm just explaining what I believe, I'm not Jorge or Marc fan (but I have my preferences of cours).

Gallie wrote:
#GOAT :flag:
IMO Agostini was a fair champion. And so doesn't Rossi.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:28 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

It sure was a message to Marc. A message that resulted in Marc crashing so Rossi needed to be punished for that for sure. But he never kicked or what-so-ever and Marquez should have shown more respect to the championship battle.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:45 am 
Eddie Jordan

Rossi should have been disqualified

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm joining this late, but come on. The man went wide, on purpose, but any semi-competent rider (not even a pro) would just raise her up a little and then cross back inside. Yes, it's difficult to prove Marquez did anything wrong, and yes, Rossi put himself in that situation, but come on, if you've ever been on a bike you know that no gesture or action from Rossi caused Marquez to involuntarily fall.

Now I HAVE to catch the finale live. Some of my best motorsport memories have Rossi involved and it looks like another one coming.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Rossi is greater than those bureaucrats from Dorna and FIM that run the sport to favour certain riders

if Valentino doesn't win the championship, that's too bad for MotoGP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:49 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
Rossi is greater than those bureaucrats from Dorna and FIM that run the sport to favour certain riders
Nakamoto: 'Telemetry shows a kick of Rossi into Marquez's brake handle'.

Yes, they're clearly favouring Rossi. Black flag was the right thing to do. And sorry for re-taking once more the topic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:18 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:

Yes, they're clearly favouring Rossi. Black flag was the right thing to do. And sorry for re-taking once more the topic.

Like I said before: Rossi his leg DID NOT MOVE before Marquez decided to crash into Rossi and that's what made his leg move of his footstep. That is so clear for all of us to see, confirmed by most REAL MotoGP journalists but still this story is getting sillier by the day with Honda and Repsol whining like some little kids who missed out on the party. Their Spanish party...

BTW: Telemetry can't show a kick. It shows the brake was activated, Honda just forgot it was their reckless rider who dived into Rossi like no-one was there what activated the brakes and made him crash...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
[quote="LucasWheldon"]Rossi is greater than those bureaucrats from Dorna and FIM that run the sport to favour certain riders

Yes, they're clearly favouring Rossi. Black flag was the right thing to do. And sorry for re-taking once more the topic.[/quote]

Not sure if serious...

Nakamoto San should keep his thoughts to himself as this interview is just plain embarrassing.

The kick theory is utter rubbish because it ignores the fact that Rossi's entire leg went backwards away from the front brake, and that the brakes have guards to stop external operation and to protect riders hands.

As has already been said many times, the fall was caused by Marquez leaning into Rossi. Fingers crossed the courts overturn Rossi's penalty. The handling of this situation from Dorna / FIM / Honda / Marquez / Lorenzo has been nothing short of pathetic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
pray to have some italian jurors in the court

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:59 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Gallie wrote:
Like I said before: Rossi his leg DID NOT MOVE before Marquez decided to crash into Rossi and that's what made his leg move of his footstep. That is so clear for all of us to see, confirmed by most REAL MotoGP journalists but still this story is getting sillier by the day with Honda and Repsol whining like some little kids who missed out on the party. Their Spanish party...

BTW: Telemetry can't show a kick. It shows the brake was activated, Honda just forgot it was their reckless rider who dived into Rossi like no-one was there what activated the brakes and made him crash...
I've seen the scene LOADS of times and I still believe Rossi kicked off Marquez, I see his leg moving towards Marc's handle and then he falls. I can't deny I'm influenced by Spanish press but you can't deny your case as well...

If I assume your hypothesis, for me it's stupid. Falling and letting Rossi being 3rd? And telemetry can't show a kick, but it can show an unusual and sudden peak on brakes which can support the theory. And the dive into Rossi theory it's pointless, Rossi pushed Marquez wide, check Rossi's racing line.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:06 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kals wrote:
Not sure if serious...

Nakamoto San should keep his thoughts to himself as this interview is just plain embarrassing.

The kick theory is utter rubbish because it ignores the fact that Rossi's entire leg went backwards away from the front brake, and that the brakes have guards to stop external operation and to protect riders hands.

As has already been said many times, the fall was caused by Marquez leaning into Rossi. Fingers crossed the courts overturn Rossi's penalty. The handling of this situation from Dorna / FIM / Honda / Marquez / Lorenzo has been nothing short of pathetic.
yes, I'm completely serious.

That argument is quite solid against kick theory (and I haven't heard it from anyone).

Overturning the penalty? He put a rider at risk by pushing him wide (not usual racing line), and (not proved fact) casuing the collision with a kick (although I believe it). The 'lean into' doesn't agree with the footage IMHO. The handling of this situation, with FIM / Dorna supporting Rossi to win the 10th title has been pathetic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

For the kick theory to work, Valentino's leg motion would have to have gone forward and upwards, then downwards and backwards. The argument isn't solid as the 'evidence' is grasping at straws and too easily disputable.

And as for 'putting a rider at risk' ha! Come on now. That's a little much considering both were going very slow at that point. The 'lean into' is entirely supported by the footage. The lean happens first, fall second and leg movement third. End of story.

Suggesting FIM and Dorna are supporting Rossi is just mind boggling, considering the penalty. Had Rossi been disqualified and allowed to qualify for Valencia normally then the championship result would be the same as it is now... Meaning the championship being handed to Lorenzo. Stop the delusional and non-sensical arguments.

Gallie wrote:
Like I said before: Rossi his leg DID NOT MOVE before Marquez decided to crash into Rossi and that's what made his leg move of his footstep. That is so clear for all of us to see

Agree :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:03 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

I'll start off by saying I'm not a bike fan and I don't follow this type of racing (and it probably renders my view invalid :lol: ), so I have no bias for or against either rider. It honestly looks to me that neither of them did anything wrong, it was just good hard racing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:45 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

No press Conf for Valencia, guess I understand they don't want trouble but was really looking forward to seeing what was going to said tomorrow.

Not sure what Vales reception will be like in spain, usually every race is a home race but this one may be a bit different.

Conspiracy of Rossi stoking the fire more pre race and the race being cancelled due to risk of crowd soccer violence!!!!

http://f1dvdcollector.webs.com/

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 611 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 2731 Next