TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

topcat_inc wrote:
Laverty to Yamaha is now confirmed.

Interesting to see how long Yamaha will give factory support since this season is pretty dissapointing for them...

Two victories, numerous podiums, driver 5th in standings, hardly 'pretty dissapointing'.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:45 pm 

I read somewhere that they should at least be contending for the wins at regular base and for the championship. I think it was in the dutch RTLGP magazine last year. That's also part of the reason why Wilco Zeelenberg said yes to the transfer to Lorenzo's pit box.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:28 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Max :flag:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Leon :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

the supersport race was awesome

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:29 pm 

Anybody got the Toseland crash from race one, description sounded pretty exciting.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:02 pm 

Well, that was exciting. :lol:

Where did James end up? Man, he had some huge crashes this year. Hopefully next year he can show some of that old spark, like when he was with Ten Cate.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:06 pm 
Sub Forum Moderator
Sub Forum Moderator

HRC wrote:
Hopefully next year he can show some of that old spark, like when he was with Ten Cate.

Unlikely, he's on a private BMW for 2011 which will take some getting used to I'm sure.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:18 pm 
Sub Forum Moderator
Sub Forum Moderator

2011 entry list predictionssssssssss

Quote:
APRILIA ALLITALIA - APRILIA RSV4 FACTORY
2 - Leon Camier
3 - Max Biaggi

HANNSPREE TEN KATE HONDA - HONDA CBR1000RR
5 - Alex de Angelis
65 - Jonathan Rea

YAMAHA STERILGARDA - YAMAHA R1
33 - Marco Melandri
50 - Eugene Laverty

BMW MOTORRAD - BMW S1000RR
91 - Leon Haslam
111 - Troy Corser

SUZUKI ALSTARE - SUZUKI GSX-R1000
84 - Michel Fabrizio

ALTHEA RACING - DUCATI 1098R
7 - Carlos Checa

DFX-CORSE - APRILIA RSV4 FACTORY
41 - Noriyuki Haga

[PRIVATEER] - BMW S1000RR
52 - James Toseland
86 - Ayrton Badovini

PATA B & G RACING - DUCATI 1098R
96 - Jakub Smrz

PAUL BIRD MOTORSPORTS KAWASAKI RACING TEAM - KAWASAKI ZX10R
26 - Joan Lascorz
66 - Tom Sykes
77 - Chris Vermeulen

SUPERSONIC TEAM - DUCATI 1098R
21 - Maxime Berger

ECHO CRS HONDA - HONDA CBR1000RR
33 - Fabrizio Lai

PEDERCINI KAWASAKI - KAWASAKI ZX10R
15 - Matteo Baiocco
95 - Roger Lee Hayden

Italics denote unconfirmed listing/personal prediction

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd love to see what Badovini is able to do. Entry list is...different compared to this year

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:50 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

ChiliFan wrote:

HANNSPREE TEN KATE HONDA - HONDA CBR1000RR
5 - Alex de Angelis

PAUL BIRD MOTORSPORTS KAWASAKI RACING TEAM - KAWASAKI ZX10R
26 - Joan Lascorz

First time I hear about these. If already officially confirmed, great news!
Let's just hope Lascorz doesn't bring over the Motocard sponsorship to wrap the Kawasakis in that crappy red-green livery. 8)

Marco Borciani said in an interview before the race that his team will merge with another one (maybe DFX?) and retain Pata sponsorship and Aprilia machinery, with Nori Haga as the rider.

Also, news about World Supersport:

Luca Scassa to join Chaz Davies for a 2-rider lineup at BE1Triumph.

Sam Lowes signed with Parkalgar to replace Laverty for 2011.

Italian ES commentators talking about a rumored, possible "Team Italia" with Petrucci, Tamburini and Massei.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:11 pm 
Sub Forum Moderator
Sub Forum Moderator

fede999 wrote:
First time I hear about these. If already officially confirmed, great news!
Let's just hope Lascorz doesn't bring over the Motocard sponsorship to wrap the Kawasakis in that crappy red-green livery. 8)

De Angelis is definitely confirmed, Lascorz I'm not sure about since it's only come out in the last few hours. De Angelis is also bringing with him 450,000 Euros from the San Marnio government.

fede999 wrote:
Marco Borciani said in an interview before the race that his team will merge with another one (maybe DFX?) and retain Pata sponsorship and Aprilia machinery, with Nori Haga as the rider.

Yep, it's the DFX team he'll be working with. I'm not sure what that means for Lorenzo Lanzi though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would guess that the privateer BMW team is BMW Italia since they're backing up Badovini quite heavily - love to see what he's able to do!

And Fabrizio? Not much left for him...
[EDIT] Reading remains difficult...

and Sykes need to leave that PoS Kawasaki...

and where's Byrne? :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:07 pm 
Sub Forum Moderator
Sub Forum Moderator

Badovini's not been confirmed as moving into Superbike though, so no word on whether he'll be in a team with Toseland or whether Toseland will be backed by BMW Italia. I imagine they will want to move him up though.

Shakey got lost his ride at Althea because they're going back to a one bike team. I expect he'll end up going back to BSB for a year, I can't see any other options really unless a private team picks him up. Could be an opportunity for Supersonic Racing though now that Luca Scassa has gone to WSS.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Alonsomania wrote:
I would guess that the privateer BMW team is BMW Italia since they're backing up Badovini quite heavily - love to see what he's able to do!

Yes, if it comes to be, BMW Italia will move up to SBK. It's unclear wether they'll maintain their Superstock team or not.

Quote:
and Sykes need to leave that PoS Kawasaki...

and where's Byrne? :(

Kawasaki suits Sykes' style more than Yamaha. Let's wait for the all new bike, and let's not forget he got a superpole, led two races and dominated a BSB weekend on that "PoS".

Shakey was interviewed before the race and said ha had to discuss some options after the race. With almost all "works" bikes taken, he's better off back in BSB imo.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

HM Plant moving to WSB with Byrne and Brookes, but that is more a dream than reality I'm afraid.

Sykes would have done a much better job than the Kawasaki, which has never been one of the better bikes of the field. Shame Suzuki is kind-of leaving, he did an awesome job on the Rizla+ Suzuki.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alonsomania wrote:
HM Plant moving to WSB with Byrne and Brookes, but that is more a dream than reality I'm afraid.

Sykes would have done a much better job than the Kawasaki, which has never been one of the better bikes of the field. Shame Suzuki is kind-of leaving, he did an awesome job on the Rizla+ Suzuki.

HM Plant are about as likely to move as Yoshimura, unfortunately. Sykes did an amazing job at the end of this year on what is a truly godawful bike. You only need to see Vermeulen's results (a very talented rider) to see how the Kawasaki, along with injuries, has basically killed off his career. Poor Roger Lee, he's going to be spending another year with them. I suppose it's better than no seat at all..... just. I think he'd be much better off with a decent Supersport ride.

I'm also sad to see Suzuki having less interest in the sport. Their last few years in MotoGP have basically resulted in Suzuki not being able to support a team in MotoGP or WSBK, which is just detrimental to the sport. MotoGP really needs to get some cost-cutting measures in place (like a logical calendar).

Some fantastic news here:
Onboard Cameras
While the racing in World Superbikes has won almost universal praise, the television coverage has been greeted with disappointment by many fans. Despite being shot in HD, the camera angles, shot selection and especially the lack of onboard camera action have all contributed to a lackluster TV package, failing to capitalize on the spectacular action the close racing has afforded. At Magny-Cours, Infront CEO Paolo Flammini addressed the most important of those points: from 2011, all factory bikes will be fitted with onboard cameras, capturing the best of the action from the bikes at the front, according to GPOne.com. The fans will be very grateful indeed.

Biaggi is either tipped to be retiring or wanting a huge contract. Nice to see Lascorz finally moving up to SBK, although he deserves better than Kawasaki. Mind you, the Kawas could be interesting to watch considering they have two excellent talents onboard as well as a recovering Chris Vermeulen. I'd love to see a few podiums, I think their last was in 2006 (as was their last race win). I'm a bit worried for Badovini, I think it'll be very difficult for him in his rookie season to be on the satellite BMW, but only time can tell.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:05 am 
Sub Forum Moderator
Sub Forum Moderator

raisinberry777 wrote:
Some fantastic news here:
Onboard Cameras
While the racing in World Superbikes has won almost universal praise, the television coverage has been greeted with disappointment by many fans. Despite being shot in HD, the camera angles, shot selection and especially the lack of onboard camera action have all contributed to a lackluster TV package, failing to capitalize on the spectacular action the close racing has afforded. At Magny-Cours, Infront CEO Paolo Flammini addressed the most important of those points: from 2011, all factory bikes will be fitted with onboard cameras, capturing the best of the action from the bikes at the front, according to GPOne.com. The fans will be very grateful indeed.

It's about time. Now they just need to show better replays that last more than 3 seconds and it'll be great. And seriously let's get qualifying and warm-up shown live again, as well as Superpole. Italian TV channel La7 show 2nd qualifying, it'd be nice if Eurosport did too.

raisinberry777 wrote:
Biaggi is either tipped to be retiring or wanting a huge contract.

Biaggi does this every year though, just to surround himself in mystery.

raisinberry777 wrote:
Nice to see Lascorz finally moving up to SBK, although he deserves better than Kawasaki. Mind you, the Kawas could be interesting to watch considering they have two excellent talents onboard as well as a recovering Chris Vermeulen. I'd love to see a few podiums, I think their last was in 2006 (as was their last race win).

It'll take some time for them to get competitive. I mean it took them most of this year to get the 2010 machine running up front, and the riders will have a brand new bike to get used to.

raisinberry777 wrote:
I'm a bit worried for Badovini, I think it'll be very difficult for him in his rookie season to be on the satellite BMW, but only time can tell.

Nothing's confirmed for him yet. As much as I'd like to see him in WSB next year and I think it would be a good move, he might stick the Italian CIV for a year to get his bearings.

Latest news on 2011 entries:

Jakub Smrz's new team is called Liberty Racing, they are based in the Czech Republic and will be running Ducatis. Yes that's plural, 'Ducatis', because they've also signed Sylvain Guintoli to ride alongside Smrz.

What are everyone's thoughts on me making a new thread for the 2010/11 silly season/testing and next year's racing?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sure, I'd be up for a 2011 World Superbike Discussion thread. May as well move the last few posts from this into it too, if you can.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next