TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:23 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

i like nascar because of the crashes and when they don't crash i dont like it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:55 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Totally forgot I had both Bristol races from '85 on the DVR.
FUN FACT: Those two races had a combined 6 lead-lap finishers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:41 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

didnt miss much i suppose...drank too much last night..slept on the couch all day

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

smokyburnout wrote:
Totally forgot I had both Bristol races from '85 on the DVR.
FUN FACT: Those two races had a combined 6 lead-lap finishers.

#winning

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:34 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I miss alcohol :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:18 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

My first race I watched since Daytona. It was pretty terrible. I guess I'll go back to not watching it.

Is NASCAR still trying to cut down on illegal streams? At this rate, and how empty Bristol was, you'd assume they'd want everyone they could to watch it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, having attended both days, here are a few notes:

--Blond on his first attempt at the record actually bounced it off the wall and kept control. If he had lost control of that car, I'd hate to think what would have happened. It would have been real bad.
--It was the help of Kasey Kahne's pit crew which got Blond's car back in working order to make a last attempt at the end of the hour time limit.
--Yes, the crowd was very disappointing. The race ended at 4:20 p.m. roughly. I was home by 5:00. Normally I am in the parking lot for a good hour after the race trying to get out, this time I was able to just get in the car and go. It looked like the place was less than half full.
--Don't know if it was shown in pre-race, but a few National Guard soldiers were reunited with their loved ones in the pre-race ceremonies. Definitely the feel good story of the weekend.
--Mark Martin is old and needs to retire. I can't count the cars he was bouncing off of today. Bob Dillner quoted Harvick on Speed Center, saying "he's a blind old man."
--Change the track back the way it used to be, reduce ticket prices instead of constanly raising them by $5 each and every year, and maybe, just maybe you can get the fans back. I don't even know if that will be enough now though. I get my tickets for free, so I don't complain too much. Face value for the tickets now is $110.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:42 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
--Mark Martin is old and needs to retire. I can't count the cars he was bouncing off of today. Bob Dillner quoted Harvick on Speed Center, saying "he's a blind old man."

:lol:

Man I love Harv.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://plixi.com/p/85553569

Boy, they were really packing 'em in! [/sarcasm]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:42 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

RIP Bristol never forget.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:58 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

it's not gonna change until the people within the sport dont realize the problem, from what I've seen most of them still blame the high gas prices, economy, prices in the area, but of course not the racing itself

Quote:
Bristol now produces "good" racing,old Bristol produced "bad" racing,more side by side racing,you can pass someone without wrecking them !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

They really are fucking stupid aren't they?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
Kyle doesn't back it up in Cup, everyone is still unimpressed.

It's the next day, and I was browsing for this comment, knowing it would be here. :lol:

In all honesty, every single one of his Cup wins can be considered impressive. Why wouldn't they be? Just because you hate a guy doesn't mean you can't begrudgingly respect him.

Still, it's just the Truck and Nationwide wins that I will never bring myself to appreciate. When a fuckface like Denny Hamlin can hop in the same car with the same result (he doesn't do it so much, anymore, but he did a few years ago), then it makes you wonder just how much more potent that 18 car really is.

Not saying that Matt DiBenedetto and Michael McDowell later this year will achieve the same results, but still. You know where I'm headed.

I use the little league baseball argument a lot, maybe too much... good ol' Mitch Hedberg (rest in peace).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

--Blond on his first attempt at the record actually bounced it off the wall and kept control. If he had lost control of that car, I'd hate to think what would have happened. It would have been real bad.
--It was the help of Kasey Kahne's pit crew which got Blond's car back in working order to make a last attempt at the end of the hour time limit.

Sucks, I was so hoping Lichty in the Patco SuperModified would hold onto the record. Still, there was only what, .022 seconds between the two of them? That's insanely fast. I suspect there's more speed to coax from both those cars so a high 12 second lap isn't out of the question. Too fast to race there for either winged pavement sprinters or winged SuperMods.

Barely watched 20 laps of this race. Working on my truck all afternoon seemed like the wiser decision.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:43 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I hope DW has a good chiropractor, since his spine might be fucked up from all the water he carried for NASCAR/Fox on Twitter...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

westracing01 wrote:

Sucks, I was so hoping Lichty in the Patco SuperModified would hold onto the record. Still, there was only what, .022 seconds between the two of them? That's insanely fast. I suspect there's more speed to coax from both those cars so a high 12 second lap isn't out of the question. Too fast to race there for either winged pavement sprinters or winged SuperMods.

Barely watched 20 laps of this race. Working on my truck all afternoon seemed like the wiser decision.

Man, Lichty looked sooooo fast. Would love to go watch one of these races in person someday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

While it wasn't one of the better Bristol races, there were still plenty of lead changes and close racing to make it a better race than anything else that was on all weekend. Sebring put me to sleep as usual with its traction controlled prototypes running in different zipcodes. And caught the Moto GP from Qatar earlier today which also wasn't anything to write home about other than the late scrap between Lorenzo and Pedrosa. Pretty miffed about Stenhouse's penalty in Nationwide, it was great to see him do so well and give Kyle a run for his money.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:17 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

westracing01 wrote:

Man, Lichty looked sooooo fast. Would love to go watch one of these races in person someday.

Do they still run ISMA mods at the North-South Showdown at Concord? If you're local to Bristol, it's either that or Toledo.

Oh yeah, 20 of those ISMA cars running side-by-side is something else.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:17 am 

Tristar 7AT wrote:
i like nascar because of the crashes and when they don't crash i dont like it.

Once upon a time, Bristol was a tough track where it was tough to pass. It was an exercise in patience, reliability, consistency, luck, and balls.
Yes, wrecks were a part of it, but it was much more. Remember the anger? The on-track feuds? Cars punting each other out of the way on the last lap? The general craziness and excitement?

I remember it.

It's gone and the reconfiguration isn't the only reason. See my sig. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Our Bristol Race had some entertainment :D

http://livestre.am/FGXf

:flag:

And this was a very serious race, not a intended demo derby.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next