TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 30 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:17 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Hey, at least the spring Martinsville race was fun, right?

Right? :o

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I will admit that some races this year were astounding - Dega etc - but there were too many races that were just so dull and I just think that there is so many other problems it negated my enjoyment of the season as a whole.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Autumn Cali was was surprisingly good :ohmy:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This championship has made one thing evident:

If you can't beat Jimmie Johnson, for the love of God, wreck him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:21 am 

Is the season over already? *Yawnson*
What'd I miss?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

i see JJ (48)has done it again :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:18 am 

I wonder if people disliked Richard Petty as much when he was winning all his races and championships in the 60s and 70s? I think we're just not as used to dynasties in sport as much anymore because of free agency, salary caps, etc. I hated the Montreal Canadiens growing up with a passion because they always won. Now there are still a few top teams in other sports, but you never know which team will win. NASCAR is still like the old sports where some owners can spend more money and keep teams like JJs together for years. Maybe NASCAR needs to follow the other sports and do something to open up the competition and have more movement between teams. The Yankees are still probably the most followed team in baseball, but the Giants and Rangers played for the world series.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:45 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

That's not the right way to go. It's not JJ's fault that most of the competition save for a few drivers don't amount to dogshit and/or are too inconsistent to mount a good challenge.

But then again, this is the same lame-ass reasoning that led to the Chase in the first place.

I mean, fuck, it's not Matt Kenseth's fault that he finished 99% of the races in the top 10 in 2003 while everyone else stumbled between themselves and each other, just as it is not Michael Schumacher's fault (nor Ferrari's) that the rest of the competition fucked themselves over with their risky radical designs and their drivers making dumbass mistakes while Michael and co. just blanketed the field.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:12 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

D-Man wrote:
I wonder if people disliked Richard Petty as much when he was winning all his races and championships in the 60s and 70s? I think we're just not as used to dynasties in sport as much anymore because of free agency, salary caps, etc. I hated the Montreal Canadiens growing up with a passion because they always won. Now there are still a few top teams in other sports, but you never know which team will win. NASCAR is still like the old sports where some owners can spend more money and keep teams like JJs together for years. Maybe NASCAR needs to follow the other sports and do something to open up the competition and have more movement between teams. The Yankees are still probably the most followed team in baseball, but the Giants and Rangers played for the world series.

People don't get too-too pissed when dominant teams win and take championships when the competition is legitimate (ie. no interference/meddling from the sanctioning body to manipulate the results). It's another thing when NASCAR goes out of it's way to manipulate the results by 'stacking the deck' towards desired outcomes. It doesn't help that NASCAR media are for the most part whipped, giving them a double-edged sword of portraying NASCAR as never being wrong and giving an air of arrogance over their target audience.

People don't get pissed over teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Yankees and Red Wings winning; people get pissed when it seems like they get an advantage which leads them to winning.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Congrats to Johnson on his Championship.

Honestly, Johnson didn't win this as much as Hamlin (and his team) lost it. He and Biffle got together, then they were far too worried about track position instead of fixing the splitter correctly. I couldn't believe that they skipped any opportunities to get on pit road early on to thrash on the car until it was right, instead of worrying about track position, but then just wound up sliding backwards.

I honestly didn't think this year was that bad, yeah it's old seeing Johnson win nonstop, but someone just needs to step up and make it happen.. Hamlin almost made it happen, but just those couple mistakes wound up costing them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Slyder wrote:
That's not the right way to go. It's not JJ's fault that most of the competition save for a few drivers don't amount to dogshit and/or are too inconsistent to mount a good challenge.

I'm sure there are plenty of drivers out there who could compete against and beat Jimmie Johnson. Unfortunately though, they'll never get a chance because now all that matters is how big a check your Dad can write you. I'd say 95% of the young drivers you see come into the top-tiers of the sport anymore are exactly those people, because they were able to afford to race, keep racing, and buy the best equipment. Take John Wes Townley for instance.

Yes talent has something to do with it, but far less than it should.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:47 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

HERP DERP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:54 am 

Just got home from working 14 hours today, congrats to Jimmie! Since I really don't watch Nascar anymore all I can say is I would rather have him win that Hamlin. :flag:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

i'd give the championship to harvick just for wrecking kyle busch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:43 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I think this video shows that this season was pretty damn good

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:11 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

didnt really watch the last race...just kinda fast forwarded through it..but good for jmmie..him and chad really know how to work it(the chase)..and thats exactly why hes won 5 in a row.

now bring on daytona 2011 pleasse :flag:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Boxy Brown wrote:

PRAISE JESUS... i mean Jimmie Johnson.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Johnson and crew cannot be beat by anyone other than themselves. This year was the best attempt by the rest of the field to dethrone JJ and they failed. Hamlin and Ford were outclassed in the last two races and their inexperience at battling for the title showed. They beat themselves. Harvick went down swinging just like he said, but they weren't quite consistent enough to put it all together, but, although the points didn't show it, I think they actually put forth the best challenge to Johnson.

This was not one of Jimmie's best seasons, and yet he's still the champion. Unless that team beats themselves, and by this point they're just not going to do that since they have too much experience, there is no one and no team that can take the title from them. 5 in a row is just ridiculous.

Two things outside of their control can end the domination... One, NASCAR's asinine rules changes that might, though artificially, add just enough retardation to the chase for a surprise (read unworthy) winner... Two, mechanical failures.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

LMAO! NASCAR's favorite! :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Either that's confetti on the palm of his hand, or the dart shooter used to take out Hamlin's car early in the race.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 30 Next