TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kudos to Tony for giving a good classy interview. Nothing unfair happened but it's easy to see a lot of drivers just running off and dodging the media after a letdown like that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:27 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

BTW, Junior got fourth. Not bad for a driver that supposedly sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah and the 88 team had to fight through a lot of issues today to get that good finish.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Joe A wrote:
BTW, Junior got fourth. Not bad for a driver that supposedly sucks.
Finished 8th at this track earlier this year. Awesome run for them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:33 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Whats with the lobster?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:34 pm 

Speedworx wrote:
Whats with the lobster?

I guess it's the traditional trophy for NHIS races. There was a picture of Logano with one after he got his win here a year ago.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles/post/So-what-s-up-with-those-gigantic-Loudon-lobsters?urn=nascar-252266

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've seen a fair amount of lobster in my day, and them shits they're holding in victory lane is fake. If it were alive, there would be some movement in his legs, and if it were dead, it's been dead a while, and they wouldn't give anything with that much of a stink to the drivers for them to hold. :lol: He looks somewhat identical to the one from previous years, anyhow.

That was a great shot Tony Stewart happened to have from his rear bumper of Bowyer doing his burnouts... not sure how ESPN can be faulted in just reporting the story that just happened.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Good job Kyle Busch hasn't won there then :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:17 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

One of the better weekends of racing this year: trucks were pretty exciting, bits of good action in the Cup race, my DVR blacked out Indy, and ARCA was pretty good.

To top it off, Tim George Jr. had his PR lady tweet a pic of him signing my shirt at Salem: http://plixi.com/p/45868038

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Loudon's getting better every year, glad the place hasn't lost a date (yet). Great racing in mods, trucks and Cup. Heartbreak for Tony but I don't see why some people here are upset with ESPN.. that was perfect summation of the two big gamblers of the day, one with all the chips and the other with nothing to show. As for Jimmie, he came back to win the Cup with virtually a race to spare despite finishing 39th in this race in 2006 so don't rule him out, but hope we can soon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This and Texas seem to be JJ's bogey tracks, he can still win so long as baby don't wake him up in the middle of every night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
This and Texas seem to be JJ's bogey tracks, he can still win so long as baby don't wake him up in the middle of every night.

They'll just put him up in a hotel room the night before the race. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
Loudon's getting better every year, glad the place hasn't lost a date (yet). Great racing in mods, trucks and Cup. Heartbreak for Tony but I don't see why some people here are upset with ESPN.. that was perfect summation of the two big gamblers of the day, one with all the chips and the other with nothing to show. As for Jimmie, he came back to win the Cup with virtually a race to spare despite finishing 39th in this race in 2006 so don't rule him out, but hope we can soon.

I still have no respect for them because of the quick cut they did to show Matt Kenseth's wife right after he flipped over and caught on fire at Talladega

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:17 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Starlancer wrote:
Sandeep Banerjee wrote:

I still have no respect for them because of the quick cut they did to show Matt Kenseth's wife right after he flipped over and caught on fire at Talladega

Now that's bad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Starlancer wrote:
Sandeep Banerjee wrote:

To be fair, and not saying it's right but almost every sports network does that. I think it was the 83 Daytona 500 where CBS showed Stevie Waltrip weeping while getting off the pitwagon moments after Darrell wrecked hard into the wall. Even in other sports like F1, they often show the faces of the driver's family or team members as soon as they wreck. On the plus side, they do that when something good happens to the driver also.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Don't forget CBS at the '90 Daytona 500... they first showed Teresa Earnhardt immediately after Dale blew the tire on the last lap, and she was cheering. Obviously, they were planning on cutting to her before she even knew what happened on the track, so that wasn't entirely on purpose that you saw her cheering after the tire popped.

On the other hand, seconds after Cope crossed the line, they showed her again (definitely on purpose), this time with her consoling a crying Taylor... or, at least I think the kid's name is Taylor. *shrugs*

It's just a part of the TV journalism game, and one of the several reasons I don't feel too bad for getting out of that field.