TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:34 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

What I think's funny is that it seems like none of you are mentioning the fact that there can be a middle ground. Sure, you don't have to be a manufactured goody-goody, but you also don't have to be a flat-out manchild like Kyle Busch is. At least, I think there can be a middle ground.

ellis wrote:
If a kid goes bad it's always somebody elses fault. Usually computer games and music. Never seems to be the parent.

Ever noticed how Kurt was the same way before the incident in Phoenix? Yeah...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Joey makes a good point. For me the happy middle is someone who's not afraid to be a bit of an asshole, but actually displays some principles. Forget setting a good example, that's the basics just to deserve respect on any level. Tony Stewart or even Robby Gordon are good examples.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:02 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Everything you need to know about Kyle Busch happened the night he won that race and was handed perhaps the most awesome prize I've seen in NASCAR to date, a special guitar, and smashed it to pieces..

The day he gets through a race without some form of contact with another car is the day I can start to respect him.

Hasn't happened yet, and I doubt that day is coming soon either.

On track, he's a selfish bully, and off track he's a whining baby, I don't see what is in there to like.

Annoyingly though, he DOES have talent, so much so I believe he'll be a champion in the future.
I just will NOT be happy when he does finally find some form of consistency

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I completely agree with the middle ground statement. I really think that the beauty of NASCAR is the personalities, but I just find Kyle takes it a bit too far.

When Dale Sr. was alive, I was a bona-fide Dale Earnhardt hater. I didn't really care for his aggressiveness on track, and he was a bit grumpy at times during interviews, but like Corvus said about Kyle Busch, he was the real deal. The thing is, he was genuine and thoughtful about pretty much everything he said and did. It's like Kyle doesn't have that inner monologue, doesn't care what anyone thinks, goes to the beat of his own drum, etc.

That's great, it really is. Unfortunately, his being "the real article" is offset by a childish personality that doesn't hold a candle to any of the greats this sport has ever had.

Speaking of my then-loathing of Dale Earnhardt Sr., I'd give anything to have the guy back. Too many pretenders, nowadays. :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:27 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:33 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

cute

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:51 am 
Head Muppet

The guy behind her survived Chuck's something or other.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is why Brad said the thing about Kyle during the driver introduction.

Quote:

Brad Keselowski pulled off one of the most memorable moments of the NASCAR season on Saturday night when he took the microphone during driver introductions at Bristol and proclaimed over the track's public address system, "Kyle Busch is an ass!"

The comment drew a roar and thunderous cheers from the estimated 155,000 fans, many of whom were upset with Busch for intentionally wrecking Keselowski in the Nationwide race on Friday night.

So what prompted Keselowski to share his feelings in an unusual setting?

"Juan Montoya and I were talking about it (before driver introductions), and he said I wouldn't do it," Keselowski said. "I said, 'Hell yeah I'll do it!' The preacher was standing there and I said, 'Hey man, would you be offended if I said, 'Ass?'

"He said, 'No, man! 'Ass' is in the Bible.' I said, 'Thank you very much!'"

The response drew one of the loudest crowd reactions in memory – if not the loudest. It measured 104.2 decibels on SB Nation's noise meter (a record).

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/8/21/16356 ... acing-2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

:thumbsup:

That's awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The sad thing is that all the idiots on youtube keep saying that Brad has it coming every time something like this happens. Am I the only person who is watching Brad racing hard but fair and then being taken out pathetically every week?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I definately see your viewpoint, but I like to look at it another way: Keselowski's aggressive driving wouldn't be an issue if he didn't come across 3 of the biggest douchebags in the sport. Hamlin bitches when someone gets anywhere near his car (see Lowe's 08), but amazingly hasn't been involved in any issues all year, Earl would be better off in a psycheratic ward than a racetrack (and I'm being serious), and Kyle, well what more do I need to say about him?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:02 pm 

De Cesaris fan wrote:
The sad thing is that all the idiots on youtube keep saying that Brad has it coming every time something like this happens. Am I the only person who is watching Brad racing hard but fair and then being taken out pathetically every week?

No, you are not. And Mitch also had a point: the d-bags of the sport blew it out of proportion. Some fans are kind of dumb enough to compare Brad to Ernie Irvan when really I don't see him as such.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:59 pm 

I think that Edwards is more like Irvan than Keselowski is, as Edwards is just a mite more careless on the superspeedways (like what Irvan kind of was - Darlington 1990 - ended Neil Bonnett's career; Talladega 1991 - broke Kyle Petty's leg and sent Mark Martin flying through the air; Pocono 1991 - sent a lot of cars into a crash, highlighted by Richard Petty vaulting over someone else) than Keselowski is. I don't entirely think Carl's all there, mentally, and I'm sure they said the same thing about Irvan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:03 pm 
Head Muppet

Joe A wrote:
I think that Edwards is more like Irvan than Keselowski is, as Edwards is just a mite more careless on the superspeedways (like what Irvan kind of was - Darlington 1990 - ended Neil Bonnett's career; Talladega 1991 - broke Kyle Petty's leg and sent Mark Martin flying through the air; Pocono 1991 - sent a lot of cars into a crash, highlighted by Richard Petty vaulting over someone else) than Keselowski is. I don't entirely think Carl's all there, mentally, and I'm sure they said the same thing about Irvan.

The difference is, you won't see Edwards do this anytime soon:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:05 pm 

I think you're right.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:24 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

so I heard you like Kyle Busch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:37 pm 

And some YT comment mentioned in the Bob Keselowski interview video that Carl trains with John Cena...

Not that it's relevant or anything, but yeah, I definitely don't see Carl being apologetic. And the one at Bristol after the unfortunate Atlanta incident doesn't count.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20