TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20 Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The one word that always comes to mind for me when thinking of Kyle Busch: entitled. He feels like he's SO much more talented a race car driver than anyone else that you should always just let him pass you and his crew should always give him a perfect racecar worthy of his amazing driving talents. And that is why I fucking hate that little prick. :yuk:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:44 pm 

Andre wrote:
Let it be noted that, while I find Kyle Busch to be the most abrasive personality in the garage area, to be the least knowledgable of all drivers when it comes to describing on-track incidents (known for such hits as "the air wrecked me!" and "he could have just let me by"), to have the least amount of tolerance for an ill-handling race-car, to be the single most hypocritical driver when it comes to racing hard for the win (see; The Kyle Busch Show, Michigan, August 2009), let that not take away from what he accomplished this week.

Amazing job. Jackass.

You guys wanted drivers with personalities and big mouths because people like Jimmie Johnson bore the hell of out you. Be careful for what you wish for next time because you might get it.

But almost every driver, especially in Cup, has a pretty big ego. Some just have a harder time hiding it than others.

Quote:
He feels like he's SO much more talented a race car driver than anyone else that you should always just let him pass you and his crew should always give him a perfect racecar worthy of his amazing driving talents.

To a degree, couldn't you apply that statement to almost any driver in the garage area?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:01 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Every driver has an ego. Some just have bigger ones than others. From what Im told, Biffle is a pretty big prick.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coyotekart1 wrote:
Every driver has an ego. Some just have bigger ones than others. From what Im told, Biffle is a pretty big prick.

Well, sometimes it's hard to find someone well known who doesn't act like a prick at times. Some are used to publicity and they obviously like to take advantage of it. There are many people with a "fake" personality.

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:01 pm 

Kyle Busch may be an egotistical crybaby jackass prick, but he's egotistical crybaby jackass prick with a Nascar championship and nearly 80 wins in it's top three series.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
You guys wanted drivers with personalities and big mouths because people like Jimmie Johnson bore the hell of out you. Be careful for what you wish for next time because you might get it.

Just because we wanted drivers with more personality doesn't mean we only wanted drivers with awesome personalities. Personally, I'm glad I have a driver like Kyle Busch to root against.

I love to hate him. Maybe some other people here would agree with me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:50 pm 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

Sheltra just won the ARCA race..Sounded like he jumped the restart with about 10 to go, but he still got it..Ron Cox was winning, got passed by Sheltra on that start and and got put in the wall by Mikey Kile with 1 lap to go.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

13th different race winner out of 14 races now. Too bad Ron Cox couldn't get his long awaited first career win.

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm 

Temiree wrote:
Quote:

Just because we wanted drivers with more personality doesn't mean we only wanted drivers with awesome personalities. Personally, I'm glad I have a driver like Kyle Busch to root against.

I love to hate him. Maybe some other people here would agree with me.

If you want more humble drivers then I suggest watching a lower racing series where the good guys win more often and the competition may not be as stiff. Kyle's aggressive style and personality put together with his winning percentage are not coincidental. In my opinion, wins come first because that's what he's paid to do, everything else should be just extra, like winning over a few folks on a forum (he also doesn't try to kill other drivers on a regular basis like Edwards...he also happens to win more often than him as well).

I don't see guys like Earnhardt Jr, Bowyer or Burton winning races...but hey at least they're nice guys, right?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

yeh finally, who else but Montoya puts 48 in the wall - well done JPM keep it up :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

rgordon wrote:
Sheltra just won the ARCA race..Sounded like he jumped the restart with about 10 to go, but he still got it..Ron Cox was winning, got passed by Sheltra on that start and and got put in the wall by Mikey Kile with 1 lap to go.

http://arcaracing.com/videos.php?video_id=1851

You can just see Sheltra flying up the outside on the restart. Make that what you will.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hard to imagine that was legal. He passed about six or seven guys there in about half a straightaway. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was listening to the end of the ARCA race on the ARCA site,sounded pretty good. Also sounded like Kile just outright punted Cox into the wall. I was glad to see Jason Basham get his first top 10. Didn't make it to that race,still doing Du Quoin and Toledo & Salem,though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Black_Jack wrote:

But almost every driver, especially in Cup, has a pretty big ego. Some just have a harder time hiding it than others.

Thing is, I'm a fan of guys like Jimmie Johnson. Maybe it was because I started watching the sport at an impressionable age, but I looked up and respected guys - and very much still do - who manage to stick up for themselves without being total jackasses.

I'm engaged to be married, and envision myself having kids in the next couple years. Would I want my son (or daughter - because I'd get her into racing, too 8) ) to pull for a talented, but outwardly brash, cocky and self-centered driver like Kyle Busch? Not particularly, because kids are just a bit too influenced by that sort of thing.

A shame I won't have a kid around before Jeff Gordon retires, but hey, guys like Jimmie and Brad K. manage to have great "don't push me around" attitudes, with the talent to go behind it. At least, that's how I feel about the deal, anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:45 pm 

Andre wrote:
Black_Jack wrote:

Thing is, I'm a fan of guys like Jimmie Johnson. Maybe it was because I started watching the sport at an impressionable age, but I looked up and respected guys - and very much still do - who manage to stick up for themselves without being total jackasses.

I'm engaged to be married, and envision myself having kids in the next couple years. Would I want my son (or daughter - because I'd get her into racing, too 8) ) to pull for a talented, but outwardly brash, cocky and self-centered driver like Kyle Busch? Not particularly, because kids are just a bit too influenced by that sort of thing.

A shame I won't have a kid around before Jeff Gordon retires, but hey, guys like Jimmie and Brad K. manage to have great "don't push me around" attitudes, with the talent to go behind it. At least, that's how I feel about the deal, anyway.

To be honest your kids should be looking up to you first as a parent rather than some guy on the television set. It's auto racing, and drivers with brash personalities (Foyt, Senna, Schumacher, Earnhardt, Waltrip, Rowdy etc) usually climb to the top. JJ is a nice exception, but he's pushed guys around on the track before so is he really that nice of a guy either? He's just as egotistical as any top driver, he just can hide it a little better than others because he has to. Hendrick doesn't like drivers who talk a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

You never had idols growing up? I mean, yeah, parents influence kids more than any other, blah blah blah, but if they're going to watch a sport and get absolutely anything out of it, it might as well be morals.

Kyle Busch has none - none that he doesn't contradict himself with, anyway. That shit after the Nationwide race where he was "boo-hoo"-ing the crowd is stuff a 25-year old should be years beyond doing. He is incredibly talented, and if he just went about things a different way (not saying he needs to tone it down ON track, but OFF it), he may just eventually get some honest respect from veterans of the sport, which he obviously isn't if you listened to Dale Jarrett's pre-race comments.

He obviously isn't when folks say "he's awfully talented, but..."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:19 pm 

Andre wrote:
You never had idols growing up? I mean, yeah, parents influence kids more than any other, blah blah blah, but if they're going to watch a sport and get absolutely anything out of it, it might as well be morals.

Kyle Busch has none - none that he doesn't contradict himself with, anyway. That shit after the Nationwide race where he was "boo-hoo"-ing the crowd is stuff a 25-year old should be years beyond doing. He is incredibly talented, and if he just went about things a different way (not saying he needs to tone it down ON track, but OFF it), he may just eventually get some honest respect from veterans of the sport, which he obviously isn't if you listened to Dale Jarrett's pre-race comments.

I had favorite drivers growing up but I didn't worship them and emulate them to a t. How can you blah blah parental influences? I'm not going to argue this anymore because I'm just going to repeat myself. You're not getting my point. But I'll say this...if I was starting a team right now I'd pick Busch over Jarrett to be my driver in a heartbeat.

You should put your kid on the school's baseball team if you really want him to get something out of sports if its that important to you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:23 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

If a kid goes bad it's always somebody elses fault. Usually computer games and music. Never seems to be the parent.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Black_Jack wrote:
Andre wrote:

I had favorite drivers growing up but I didn't worship them and emulate them to a t. How can you blah blah parental influences? I'm not going to argue this anymore because I'm just going to repeat myself. You're not getting my point. But I'll say this...if I was starting a team right now I'd pick Busch over Jarrett to be my driver in a heartbeat.

You should put your kid on the school's baseball team if you really want him to get something out of sports if its that important to you.

*sigh* My point is also lost on you, but that's ok. The bottom line is that Kyle is an asshole, and no matter how good he is, I'll never pull for him as long as he's disrespectful on and off the track. You can go right ahead, though. I'll be too busy being one of the fans who loves to hate him. It's what the sport's about, man.

Also, let it be noted I wouldn't *force* my kid to pull for anyone. I would just think that by them observing me while I watch a race, they'd emulate the same feelings towards the same drivers, which goes back to the kid taking after parents more than some athlete (which is an obvious fact).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:29 pm 

I am sick to death about hearing how all athletes must have some sort of positive image because the children have to look up to them. It's their prerogative, if they want to be a positive role model or not. It's part of life, kids growing up need to decided on their own who they want to look up to, and it needs to be on the athletes' own merits, not some phony-baloney image. Kyle Busch is outspoken, immature, and a bit of a brat, but he's the real deal, what you see is what you get, and I respect that. Unless you want a bunch of Carl Edwards' running around out there, you should either learn to love him or learn to hate him, but don't expect he should change. I hope he never does.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20 Next