TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:26 pm 

It was nice to see someone else win for a change. It is strange that overall the non-road race guys seem to struggle more at Watkins Glen than at Infineon because the track at Sonoma seems a bit more technical where as Watkins Glen is more about momentum for the long straights. You'd think the oval guys would be able to deal with carrying speed through the corners better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

TheShermanator wrote:
/conspiracy

racism, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:01 pm 

Someone enlighten me about how non-standard lugnuts could give an advantage. The only thing I can think of is that they loosen/tighten faster than the spec lugs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:41 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Memy Selfandi wrote:
Someone enlighten me about how non-standard lugnuts could give an advantage. The only thing I can think of is that they loosen/tighten faster than the spec lugs.

That's just it...faster pitstops.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:19 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I believe Kenseth's Nationwide team got penalized a few years back for the wrong thread type for the wedge bolt or track bar or something like that.. allows the adjustments to be done more precise or quickly or something?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:08 am 
Memy Selfandi wrote:

Might not have been anything deliberate on the team's part to gain any kind of advantage, maybe they just ended up with some odd non-standard lug nuts somehow. NASCAR is going to be pretty picky about lug nuts due to the safety issue.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:01 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

dennyk wrote:
Memy Selfandi wrote:

Might not have been anything deliberate on the team's part to gain any kind of advantage, maybe they just ended up with some odd non-standard lug nuts somehow. NASCAR is going to be pretty picky about lug nuts due to the safety issue.

It wasnt a mistake, trust me. Its not an accident either to just get these lugnuts at a place where the pitstops are usually slower. Every tenth gained at the glen on pit stops can be huge.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16