TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:55 pm 

Question for everyone upset by Carl's move:

Would you approve more or less if Carl had spun Brad RIGHT BEFORE the start/finish line instead of coming off 4?? For argument's sake, let's say Brad still get's t-boned, but finished 2nd or 3rd instead of 14th.

At least this legitimizes Carl's beef. Brad tapped you into 2nd and took the win so you turned him and took the win back, but he still finished in 2nd or 3rd. IMO, Carl looks like an idiot not because of WHAT he did, but HOW he did it.

Edwards' actions are arguably justified in theory, but he goes way overboard in practice...

Gets a little damage at Atlanta... flips Brad out of his top 5 finish.
Gets nudged at Gateway for the lead... wrecks Brad back out of the top 10.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Memy Selfandi wrote:
Gets nudged at Gateway for the lead... wrecks a lot of cars.

More like it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gaara wrote:
Andre wrote:
Isn't Speedworx the Casey Mears fan? I'm not around this forum enough, nor do I generally encourage member bashing, but... I mean... c'mon, it's like he's asking for it. :lol:

He's also the guy that hates Darlington races and loves Fontana races.

He does it to get a rise out of people.

Not to mention that he hated last year's Bathurst 1000, one of the best races ever, only because the top 10 consisted of 9 Holdens and a Hogster.

Also, NASCAR's gonna have another look at the finish, and could penalize Edwards (which won't happen...)

Jayski wrote:
Edwards could be penalized: NASCAR officials are reviewing whether to punish #60-Carl Edwards for intentionally wrecking #22-Brad Keselowski on the last lap of Saturday night's Nationwide Series race at Gateway International Speedway, multiple sources told ESPN.com. A decision will be made Tuesday or Wednesday. Edwards turned Keselowski sideways heading for the checkered flag on the straightaway coming off the final turn. The incident triggered a multi-car wreck that allowed Edwards to win and left point leader Keselowski 14th. Edwards received a three-race probation from NASCAR in March for sending Keselowski's car into an airborne flip in the final laps of the Sprint Cup race at Atlanta. His intent in this incident is being scrutinized by the governing body, which has shied away from penalizing points and money after issuing a "have at it boys" edict in January

Last edited by Mitch the Bitch on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:19 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

That's called a troll. He doesn't really - he just says it for the rise.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:23 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Chris A wrote:
I'm really not keen on Bob getting in a car whatsoever.

How about Bob gets a car and actually runs the entire race and DOESN'T intentionally wreck Carl Edwards the entire race? It would totally fuck with Edwards' head and have him scared the entire race, just waiting for Bob K to do something.

(And then preferably Bob just slams into Carl after the checkered flag, kinda like Days of Thunder :p )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kentrulz wrote:
Also, NASCAR's gonna have another look at the finish, and could penalize Edwards (which won't happen...)

Jayski wrote:
Edwards could be penalized: NASCAR officials are reviewing whether to punish #60-Carl Edwards for intentionally wrecking #22-Brad Keselowski on the last lap of Saturday night's Nationwide Series race at Gateway International Speedway, multiple sources told ESPN.com. A decision will be made Tuesday or Wednesday. Edwards turned Keselowski sideways heading for the checkered flag on the straightaway coming off the final turn. The incident triggered a multi-car wreck that allowed Edwards to win and left point leader Keselowski 14th. Edwards received a three-race probation from NASCAR in March for sending Keselowski's car into an airborne flip in the final laps of the Sprint Cup race at Atlanta. His intent in this incident is being scrutinized by the governing body, which has shied away from penalizing points and money after issuing a "have at it boys" edict in January

I don't think they'd ever take the win away from him, but I'd love to see Edwards being banned for a race, at the least. That, and a massive points reduction, to make sure he won't win the title this year.

And a rule regarding Cup drivers racing in the NWS should be urgent, just to keep this motherfucker off of the races from next year on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:48 am 

Bob was a heck of a short track driver, IRP would be an fantastic place to make a return to racing. However, he's got too much class to retaliate against Carl.

Last edited by Corvus on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:56 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

He could outrace him. Just to embarrass Earl.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The acceptable thing for Carl to have done at Gateway was basically a bump and run like Brad did in Turns 1 and 2. Enough to move him out of the way,but not crash him and cause him to take out several other innocent drivers. Roid Ragin' Earl couldn't do that...just had to make his point,and make a total ass of himself.

Stay off drugs,kids. At least steroids.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

kentrulz wrote:

Jayski wrote:

I expect nothing more than another three race probation. :yuk:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:30 pm 

I'm sure if Carl had more laps and/or opportunities he wouldn't of wrecked Brad where he did. Carl was trying to win the race without having to wreck Brad and was basically side by side with Brad the whole last lap (after the contact). Once Brad got the good run off 4, Carl's ONLY opportunity was to hook him in the right rear. He wasn't gonna let Brad win. Carl passed Brad clean after the restart and gave Brad plenty of room in turn one.

The contact Brad madde with Carl in turn 1 was BEHIND the left rear tie. That's chicken bleep, not normal rubbin is racin' like Bob K said. If he got up to his door panel that's one thing. If you're gonna race that way, you have to be prepared for the consequences.

As for Kevin Harvick, he's a hypocrite. I've never seen a guy that can dump more people (right Joey) and pretend it's the other guys fault for getting in the way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

carl's victory lane speech pisses me off the more i think about it. first he says he needed to get back the win that brad 'took away.' and then he says that brad wouldv'e won the race anyways even if he didn't bump him. so wtf is the difference carl?

sanfro65 wrote:
As for Kevin Harvick, he's a hypocrite. I've never seen a guy that can dump more people (right Joey) and pretend it's the other guys fault for getting in the way.

calm down chief, comparing the pocono incident to what happened at gateway is completely asinine. and if you are going to say 'dump more people' you need to provide more than one example.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:55 pm 

Brad may be fair game after he bumped him, but Carl HAD to fucking dump him on the straightaway, collecting other drivers who have nothing to do with the scuffle. That's why I'm still pissed at that.

If you going to wreck someone for the win, at least do it in the turns, where the chances of a multi-car wreck are small.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:35 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thats what Im sayin Tommy. Corner would have been better. If Carl would have backed off early, cut down and punched the throttle, he woulda drilled Brad in the center of the rear bumper spinning him out and that woulda been the end of that incident.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:27 pm 

dr dog wrote:
carl's victory lane speech pisses me off the more i think about it. first he says he needed to get back the win that brad 'took away.' and then he says that brad wouldv'e won the race anyways even if he didn't bump him. so wtf is the difference carl?

sanfro65 wrote:

calm down chief, comparing the pocono incident to what happened at gateway is completely asinine. and if you are going to say 'dump more people' you need to provide more than one example.

He also dumped Joey in the NWS race at Bristol this year

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:49 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

sanfro65 wrote:
I'm sure if Carl had more laps and/or opportunities he wouldn't of wrecked Brad where he did. Carl was trying to win the race without having to wreck Brad and was basically side by side with Brad the whole last lap (after the contact). Once Brad got the good run off 4, Carl's ONLY opportunity was to hook him in the right rear. He wasn't gonna let Brad win. Carl passed Brad clean after the restart and gave Brad plenty of room in turn one.

The contact Brad madde with Carl in turn 1 was BEHIND the left rear tie. That's chicken bleep, not normal rubbin is racin' like Bob K said. If he got up to his door panel that's one thing. If you're gonna race that way, you have to be prepared for the consequences.

So that justifies causing the wreck as big as he caused? There's a difference between nudging a guy and probably spinning him, and maliciously putting someone into a wall and causing a fifteen car pileup. Carl could have created an opportunity, by letting him past and nudging him for the win. Not put him in the wall, take out a whole bunch of others, and put someone at risk.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:36 pm 

Joey wrote:
sanfro65 wrote:

So that justifies causing the wreck as big as he caused? There's a difference between nudging a guy and probably spinning him, and maliciously putting someone into a wall and causing a fifteen car pileup. Carl could have created an opportunity, by letting him past and nudging him for the win. Not put him in the wall, take out a whole bunch of others, and put someone at risk.

I'm not saying his actions are justified, just understandable. He had what? one second to figure it out. Up until he figured he wasn't going to win he wasn't thinkin' of wreckin him.

At Loudon this year Jimmie Johnson basically said he was gonna make sure Kurt Busch wasn't gonna win after he got bumped late in the race. Jimmie had enough time to stratagize a retaliation.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:41 am 

sanfro65 wrote:
Joey wrote:
sanfro65 wrote:

I'm not saying his actions are justified, just understandable. He had what? one second to figure it out. Up until he figured he wasn't going to win he wasn't thinkin' of wreckin him.

At Loudon this year Jimmie Johnson basically said he was gonna make sure Kurt Busch wasn't gonna win after he got bumped late in the race. Jimmie had enough time to stratagize a retaliation.

100% different that time. Jimmie and Kurt probably respect each other, and they knew how to race without sending either car to the wrecker. Brad knows that there's a time and place to get physical, Carl is just a senile moron.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In case anyone's missed it, Earl's been docked 60 Nationwide points and him and Kez are on probation for the rest of the year.

I'm not quite sure what Brad's getting penalized for. Getting in Carl's way?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:01 pm 

It's been discussed in the Indy thread.

And yeah, the rest-of-season probation on Brad is a joke. I understand Earl, but Brad?