TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 736 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36 37 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guess Ambrose acknowledged his mistake. Really would have loved to see him win this race but rules are rules. He'll get his one day or another.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:08 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

so rules are rules?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8f_r-Q9on4[/youtube]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: 43 104 Kevin Lepage Chevrolet J Davis Motorsports.com 94.005 155.021 -20.183
Gallie wrote:
so rules are rules?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:10 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This thread makes me laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
Well, boys this is my last Sprint Cup race ever unless it's Dega or Tona. NASCAR made it obvious that come hell or high water, Jimmie was winning this race today. Most bullshit I have seen since Regan Smith. NASCAR is terrible. I hate them.

It's just one race, man. Besides, New Hampshire should be a decent race next week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:13 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

At least this race isn't boring as hell.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:20 am 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Chris A wrote:
You're definitely out of your mind, James. Grasping at straws and making huge assumptions like that is a weak and flawed argument. It's cool if you're mad about what happened but you're just plain wrong about the call.

I don't need to make assumptions because this is what has happened consistently over the past few years. Even in the short time that I've been following NASCAR, it's been obvious that their calls haven't been consistent for just about anything

Yes, it was the "right" call if you take apart the rulebook and pick out the individual rules. I know that and I accept that. But I wouldn't be pissed off if NASCAR were fair and consistent, which they are not. I saw loads of occasions today where rules were broken. Did they do anything about them? No. That was the only penalty given all day iirc. It's not fact to assume that they wouldn't penalise Johnson in the same way, but it isn't exactly a wild stab in the dark either. Come on, how many times have we seen Hendrick get the rub of the green? I'm not convinced it's a grand "FerrarIA"-type conspiracy theory but the big teams always get the benefit of the doubt, whether it be this or Talladega 2008 or whatever - ,F1, touring cars and every other series, it's often the same, but in NASCAR it seems to be more prevalent. It's just not a fair system. Yes, it's impossible to be black and white about it all the time, and you're inevitably going to get contentious decisions, but NASCAR have a very annoying habit of being black and white about it when it suits them, which 9 times out of 10 is a big name driver winning a race over a lesser driver. It's as if they suddenly get scared about losing ratings if a new guy is up front and look for any excuse to penalise them so that someone the public will know wins

NASCAR deserve everything they get. Whether it was the correct call by the rulebook or not, that isn't totally relevant. It's that past precedents show that they're biased and that had it been the other way round, had it been Johnson or Kyle or Jr or Jeff or any of the big name drivers, past form suggests that it is likely that they wouldn't have done anything, whereas with Ambrose, they were quick to penalise him, with assistance from Knaus (who we all know would've been arguing the other way had Johnson been the one in that position)

It was just that from the moment it happened, I knew that NASCAR were going to penalise him, and especially from when Knaus was whinging about it - it was inevitable from the moment the man from the big team started to complain. And it was also inevitable from the moment that Marcos was penalised that Johnson was pretty much guaranteed the win - NASCAR would've known that. They made that contentious call knowing what the outcome would be and that outcome was favourable for them, whereas if Johnson was the one slowing, with them knowing that Ambrose would win if they penalised him, they wouldn't have the balls to penalise one of their star names and piss off a lot more fans and powerful figures than by penalising Ambrose as they did. That is what's frustrating - knowing that an inconsistent decision is likely, because that's exactly what has happened in the past. It's a hypothetical, yes, but one based on past form

So, yes, it was the "right" call, but almost certainly an influenced call, which isn't fair play. That it was Ambrose leading Johnson is very likely to have made it much easier for them to make it. And that's annoying. You don't need to be an expert or "out of your mind" to see that. Not that I'm going to stop watching or anything - you know what you're getting...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:24 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So disappointed that Ambrose made that mistake that cost him a chance at the win.

Also, WTF Kenseth?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:26 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

I can see that JJ is still the best driver in NASCAR.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wayne wrote:
Well, boys this is my last Sprint Cup race ever unless it's Dega or Tona. NASCAR made it obvious that come hell or high water, Jimmie was winning this race today. Most bullshit I have seen since Regan Smith. NASCAR is terrible. I hate them.

It's just one race, man. Besides, New Hampshire should be a decent race next week.

I will watch the Nationwide race because I want to see Danica in the wall and crying like a baby.

I'm not just pissed about Ambrose. I'm pissed also because if NASCAR doesn't throw the caution for the baby spin by Logano, then Boris Said wins this race easily!

Neither Ambrose or Johnson would have had enough time to catch him. NASCAR knows who they wanted in victory lane today, just like every week and I am sick of it!

And James B is right, if the situation were reversed, Johnson would have been allowed to keep the lead. I have no doubts in that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

When the fuck is Keselowski gonna get parked for driving like a fucktard? Jesus, he's been a fucking trainwreck two days straight.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:01 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

You'll be watching next week. Don't worry. I think it's bullshit too, but I'll be watching next week. And take off your tin-foil hat while you're at it, too. What happened to Regan Smith was just downright hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gaara wrote:
NASCAR are more likely to penalise someone to stop a non-American winning, just ask Monty and Fernandez.

Sorry, but I just can't buy conspiracy theory crap like this.

If NASCAR didn't want them winning, they wouldn't let them race in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aussies are not NASCAR's favourite :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:25 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ITT: People so desperate to see the annoying dominant guy not win they'll turn a blind eye to a minor rule cos they want the feel good factor of the little guy taking on the big guys in the sport and winning...

Ambrose was the best guy out there all day,....until that final caution when he decided to ruin all that good work *sigh*

Of COURSE JJ was there to pick up the pieces, that's just how his operation works....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This thread is hilarious, and pretty much sums up why I avoid it during the race. :D

It's like pointing a loaded gun to your head, and you're all saying.... "I'M GONNA DO IT!! I SWEAR TO FUCK I'M GONNA DO IT! YOU WATCH, JIMMIE WINS THIS RACE AND MY BRAINS ARE GOING ALL OVER THE WALL BEHIND ME. I'LL DO IT, I'LL STOP WATCHING BECAUSE I'LL BE DEAD."

Calm down. I, for one, am thrilled someone other than JGR won a race that was actually interesting to watch. As for Marcos,you can't deny, new rule or not, that when you come to a complete stop on the track, you cannot retain your position. Keeping pace with the rest of the cars has always been the rule, and Marcos plainly stopped for a good five seconds.

Regardless of how much I think it sucked, NASCAR made the right call on that one.

Oh, and as much as the Kansas '07 finish was "similar", it was a little less black and white than today was.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 am 

The thing is, NASCAR can't even marshal the road races right. Almost like they have a quick trigger. Either they need to do something about it or get rid of the road courses. End of.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This thread is SoS.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:45 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: 43 104 Kevin Lepage Chevrolet J Davis Motorsports.com 94.005 155.021 -20.183
http://efr1.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=45783#45783 lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wow David. :lol:

We all know NASCAR loves it when the same guy wins over and over again and they lose ratings. So much so that they pull every string in the book to get him to win... again. :flag:

S-M-R-T

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 736 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36 37 Next