TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 736 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 37
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Let's just accept that this is a disappointing weekend and roll on New Hampshire.

OMG DANICA FEVAR!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:08 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Aww, dammit, I forgot about DANICAMANIA.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:49 am 

Did anyone hear about a plane carrying NASCAR people from Wisconsin to California Saturday night having issues and making an emergency landing? I live on the western side of Wisconsin and on the news they said a plane carrying people from one race to the other had to make an emergency landing at a nearby airport. It didn't say who was on board though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

James B wrote:
What does Casey Mears' mother think of it?

:lol: This gave me lulz.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

James B wrote:
This wouldn't be a problem if NASCAR was totally consistent with all their decisions. But they're not. It's the "right" call but that you know that they'd have done differently had it been a front-runner as opposed to a midfielder, let alone a furrerner, makes it a bullshit call. Especially considering how many cars Keselowski and Jeff drove into today without punishment

Nascar is consistent, they didn't punished Ambrose when he run over Boris Said and another guy IIRC at Mexico, neither Montoya for running Pruett. The slow under caution is another thing. We should wait for a big Nascar driver do the same thing to see if he get's punished. But unfortunately, those won't ever do such a rookie move...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:05 am 

Paul wrote:
Why would NASCAR have ever bothered to race in Canada, Mexico, and Japan?

Because actually they thought Mexican and Canadian drivers race donkeys and wouldn't be able to win.

What has been the relationship México-NACAR?

In 1970 it was great Pedro Rodríguez with just a handful of races. First ever stock car race: 13th at the Daytona 500. Ontario: Fighting for the lead and taken out by Parsons while 6th. In Charlotte he was 5th or 6th.

The in regional series, Rubén Pardo, Tavo Hellmund (yeah, the promotor of the 2012 USGP is Mexican) and Rogelio López won regiona races but many times were crashed out. Rogelio even had broken bones after he was crashed in a race...He wasn't able to return to USA.

The late (1 year RIP) Carlos Pardo won an East (or West?) Series race but guess what? He was disqualified post race for "an illegal pass for the lead" during the race. Fuck that!

Antonio Pérez was also once crashed out while leading a road course EastSeries (Watkis Glen).

And then come the Mexican races (2005-2008):

In 2005 Jorge Goeters gives them a huge blow by taking pole in his 2nd day of ever racing a stock car. He leads for 24 lps and then he is ordered to pit during a restart. In another year he was penalized (literally the only driver with a penalty in the 4 years)for supposedly crashing into another driver just to go again to 5th and being crashed almost out.

Adrián Fernández was crashed IN EVERY SINGLE race of those...In one of those he started like 42nd, went to the lead and was crashed. He came back to finish I think 6th or 8th...In another year he came from the back to like 3rd and was also crashed.

In one year Michel Jourdain was the race leader until...Yeah, crashed out by Kyle. And back in 2005 he was also crashed (he had finished with red spare parts in his blue/white Telcel car). Oh, and remember Michel wasn't given a lcinse to compete in Sprint Cup ovals because "he was too rookie". My answer is also fuck it. He managed top 10s in NASCAR Busch ovals and did even have front rows and top 10s in Truck races...And well, he had superspeedway podiums in CART and an oval victory there too...

Germán Quiroga was also once crashed when he had gained like 30 spots...

Carlos Contreras was also spun and crashed (once he had quaified 2nd)...

Obviously the people got upset and year after year fewer went to see the races until they wouldn't come back.

And if we go to Montoya, he is another case (just remember he was stolen the Brickyard in 2009 ;)).

Basially Pardo and Montoya were stolen victories, while Goeters, Adrián and Michel potential victories.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

lol, amazing. It's all a fucking conspiracy isn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Everything's a conspiracy.

Even your name change.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:44 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

daallo wrote:
Paul wrote:
Why would NASCAR have ever bothered to race in Canada, Mexico, and Japan?

Because actually they thought Mexican and Canadian drivers race donkeys and wouldn't be able to win.

What has been the relationship México-NACAR?

In 1970 it was great Pedro Rodríguez with just a handful of races. First ever stock car race: 13th at the Daytona 500. Ontario: Fighting for the lead and taken out by Parsons while 6th. In Charlotte he was 5th or 6th.

The in regional series, Rubén Pardo, Tavo Hellmund (yeah, the promotor of the 2012 USGP is Mexican) and Rogelio López won regiona races but many times were crashed out. Rogelio even had broken bones after he was crashed in a race...He wasn't able to return to USA.

The late (1 year RIP) Carlos Pardo won an East (or West?) Series race but guess what? He was disqualified post race for "an illegal pass for the lead" during the race. Fuck that!

Antonio Pérez was also once crashed out while leading a road course EastSeries (Watkis Glen).

And then come the Mexican races (2005-2008):

In 2005 Jorge Goeters gives them a huge blow by taking pole in his 2nd day of ever racing a stock car. He leads for 24 lps and then he is ordered to pit during a restart. In another year he was penalized (literally the only driver with a penalty in the 4 years)for supposedly crashing into another driver just to go again to 5th and being crashed almost out.

Adrián Fernández was crashed IN EVERY SINGLE race of those...In one of those he started like 42nd, went to the lead and was crashed. He came back to finish I think 6th or 8th...In another year he came from the back to like 3rd and was also crashed.

In one year Michel Jourdain was the race leader until...Yeah, crashed out by Kyle. And back in 2005 he was also crashed (he had finished with red spare parts in his blue/white Telcel car). Oh, and remember Michel wasn't given a lcinse to compete in Sprint Cup ovals because "he was too rookie". My answer is also fuck it. He managed top 10s in NASCAR Busch ovals and did even have front rows and top 10s in Truck races...And well, he had superspeedway podiums in CART and an oval victory there too...

Germán Quiroga was also once crashed when he had gained like 30 spots...

Carlos Contreras was also spun and crashed (once he had quaified 2nd)...

Obviously the people got upset and year after year fewer went to see the races until they wouldn't come back.

And if we go to Montoya, he is another case (just remember he was stolen the Brickyard in 2009 ;)).

Basially Pardo and Montoya were stolen victories, while Goeters, Adrián and Michel potential victories.

Ok, the whole point of Nascar going to Mexico was to try and generate a new fan base. What could they possibly gain by preventing the local drivers from winning in front of their home crowd?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

YOU KNOW IT WAS BIG BILL FRANCE WHO TOLD LARRY SMITH TO PULL THE FOAM OUT OF HIS HELMET

BECAUSE HE WAS CANADIAN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:35 pm 

It's not a conspiracy, that's surely not the top of their agenda but as the topic suggests it is just redneck racism. You just have a disadvantage if you are not fat, come from open wheelers and/or know how to read and so the rednecks will not want you to win.

The fanbase thing is just bullshit. NASCAR just wants an American fanbase but the objective was franchising the series in another country, whioch would give a lot of money and now all of our gret series are dead for stock cars instead. Yuck :yuk:.

It's all objective speaking. I wasn't that upset in the moment because I expected it. If that happened with some of the "not fat" American drievrs in the past, as well as with Europeans or others as Fittipaldi and so on...Even with Toyota and the attitude of "yall wus dat jappo car duin hia". I remember reading in NASCAR forums back in the day that Mexico was a shitty racetrack, whereas even Richmond, Irwindale or Chicago were better tracks :D. Of course I won't get paranoid or upset about it but yet again, tat's the fanbae they look for.

The point that racism exists just stands.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

daallo wrote:
It's not a conspiracy, that's surely not the top of their agenda but as the topic suggests it is just redneck racism. You just have a disadvantage if you are not fat, come from open wheelers and/or know how to read and so the rednecks will not want you to win.

The fanbase thing is just bullshit. NASCAR just wants an American fanbase but the objective was franchising the series in another country, whioch would give a lot of money and now all of our gret series are dead for stock cars instead. Yuck :yuk:.

It's all objective speaking. I wasn't that upset in the moment because I expected it. If that happened with some of the "not fat" American drievrs in the past, as well as with Europeans or others as Fittipaldi and so on...Even with Toyota and the attitude of "yall wus dat jappo car duin hia". I remember reading in NASCAR forums back in the day that Mexico was a shitty racetrack, whereas even Richmond, Irwindale or Chicago were better tracks :D. Of course I won't get paranoid or upset about it but yet again, tat's the fanbae they look for.

God Damn, you really are stupid enough to believe what you're typing, aren't you?

Wow.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

daallo wrote:

Wow, you are a prick.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

But hey, you're doing a good job of proving that you are the one who's a closed-minded bigot, so keep it up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:37 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

daallo wrote:

Yes, because Jimmie Johnson is both fat and illiterate. You have got to be fucking kidding me, right? Like jesus christ, most of the fucking drivers in the top 10 in the points aren't even from the south anymore. But wait, one time redneck extraordinare Sterling Marlin wrecked Kevin Harvick, who is NOT FROM A CONFEDERATE STATE!!!!!! OMG RACISMS!!!!!!!!!

Shut the fuck up, man. If anyone is portraying themselves as xenophobic it's you, not NASCAR. The reason all your series died is because Mexico's economy is basically a cesspool. Most of their tracks are completely unsafe, they have no money, and have few funded drivers. NASCAR would only benefit from having a series in Mexico so why the fuck would they kill it off if they had no reason to?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:58 pm 

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 736 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 37