TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1687 688 689 690 6911059 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:26 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Also,I Bet Hornaday got the axe cause he's the only non-pay driver on that team

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

David_Hetzel wrote:
meh, Ron's been going through what Todd Bodine went through a couple years ago: Old washed up driver succeeds due to god teir equipment.

yea, roidin' ron was in the shit 9 truck for two years and couldn't finish in the top 12. JWT beat him in points last year. Harv's equipment made the difference

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:40 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Kenseths launch anti-bullying book

Quote:
Championship-winning race car driver Matt Kenseth can now put a children's book on his resume. Kenseth and his wife Katie released "Race Against Bullying" on Tuesday in conjunction with National Youth Literacy Day. The book written by Gina Gold chronicles the first day of fourth grade for a boy named Matt, whose love of racing is mocked by another boy. Matt gets support from family and friends, including a pretty blonde named Katie.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/st ... e-bullying

I assume the bully's name is Carl. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:47 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

B A STAR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:54 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
B A STAR

That's Ross Kenseth's book.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:17 am 

ChrisTRD wrote:
Ayro wrote:
No surprise if ATL will be gone within two years with the shitty new race date and Brutus, same as the ROCK. Atlanta was modded into just another clone of CMS, LVMS, CAL... ad nauseam. Was a great track design with two half mile turns and two quarter mile straightaways. You could stand on pit road and see turns 1 & 2 and the backstretch and most of turns 3 and 4 back then.
ISC is just as much to blame as SMI for Rockingham being gone. They are the ones that sold it to him knowing that he would transfer the date to Texas. In that regard, I'd put more blame on ISC. As far as the clone part, CMS yes, but it can't be a clone of LVMS since LVMS's current configuration was created in 2007 and ACS is a D shaped, flatter 2 mile track. Nothing like it.
You flat out busted me on LVMS and ACS. Went fishing on the Cape Fear river in a 21 foot Wellcraft and drank a pint of Jack Black and ate something for supper at a truck stop somewhere coming home (no I can't believe it either) prior to posting that and no I wasn't the designated driver. He doesn't drink. Still and all, the point made was valid re: aero push no-passing tracks. Atlanta and CMS and TMS are near clones and I think some other tracks too, but still don't feel like searching for the specs rat now, the day after. You guys know the what the point being made was.

They changed the 10am starting time for July 4 races at Daytona due to obvious reasons. Such as, who the hell wants to be in Daytona Beach and have to get up that early and be at a friggin' race track at that ungodly hour, plus it's as hot or hotter there on July 4 in daytime as at Darlington on Labor Day in daytime. Always lots of empty seats at the July 4 daytime races and always greed in play. Better for everyone at both tracks and times of year racing at night.

There is nothing to do around Darlington 60 some years after the track was built prior to a race with a wife and/or kids in tow and nothing you won't regret doing solo. Still a good race day only trip as was always the case if you can pull it off or else stay at Myrtle Beach with the wife and kids or friends for the same or less money for two nights of racing or whatever they will have and enjoy the beach in the daytime. SC at its best never has been as friendly as NC, starting with SLED and going downhill from there.

ISC and Brutus used to be more equal as villains ten years ago and Brutus was the most hateful back then. So I blame him for ROCK and stick to that. He was the one who auctioned ROCK, not ISC, despite the background shenanigans. Penske was in on that deal too and if memory serves closed off the infield to fans when his corp owned the joint. Hate to lose unique tracks like ROCK, WILKES and the original ATL to biz tycoons who could not give half a shit about history and good racing vs. the almighty $$.

PS: Brutus screwed over Curtis Turner building CMS but outlived Curtis and wound up getting it back 15 years later after making a fortune as a car dealership mogul, kinda like Slick Rick Hendrick. If you ever saw how Brutus decorated the Speedway Club, think Putt-Putt golf course colors - orange and green carpet side by side - and fine grain woods stained so darkly you can't see the grain - and Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker gold plated chandeliers - then you just might dislike the guy a little bit too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe4345 wrote:
Why must she always come off as such a big C?

Kurt Busch and Tony Stewart agree with you...

Tony razzing on Jenna starts at 9:00 into the video.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

i'mma bust his ass.
thanks tony.
thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So, wait... Jenna Fryer sucks because Kurt Busch and Tony Stewart can be complete and utter assholes, and sometimes forget just how good they've got it, and how easy it would be to talk to fellow human beings sometimes? It's not Jenna's fault these guys also seem to have figured out how to menstruate, and go from tolerable to complete dickhead in the span of three weeks.

Wreckinturn4 wrote:
i'mma bust his ass.
thanks tony.
thank you.

The "thank YOU" was the best part of that whole damn shemozzle.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I didn't watch the videos. I don't like her because of her attitude on twitter. Yeah yeah yeah, twitter is twitter, but following certain sports journalists can be a very good source of news and insight and I used to put her in that group until her attitude got in the way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I certainly find her more bearable than Jim Utter. That guy is King among the many pricks in the land.

Everyone has their favourites, I guess - people like to shit on Jeff Gluck because he looks on the bright side of things, which is more than fair, given the nothing-but-shit attitude towards NASCAR that people have decided to adapt over the last few years (mostly because it's "cool", and "popular" and "hip" - some like to hate because they like being mad). In any event, I think Gluck's pretty respectable and reports fairly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Also, since the dawn of Twitter, I don't mind commercial breaks all that much. Yeah, they kinda suck, but at least I know what's going on thanks to people like Pockrass, Utter, Gluck, Pistone, Fryer, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:08 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Also not an Utter fan. I don't mind Gluck. Dustin Long is pretty good but 90% of his tweets are reposting a link he has already tweeted 5 times. Nate Ryan is straight business most of the time.

I wish they all were more like Pierre LeBrun and Bob McKenzie on the hockey side of things. Good senses of humor but also very insightful and TONS of legit "you heard it first" news.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah, Long's "ICYMI" link posts get old pretty quick.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

POCKRASS is the fucking worst.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:58 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Who is good then?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd say find people on Twitter who are at the track as the race happens, and then make up your own mind about who is good and who isn't. :lol:

Who one person says is great, the next person will call terrible. I have Jim Utter, Bob Pockrass, Jeff Gluck, Jenna Fryer, Pete Pistone, Jim Utter (informative but a massive tool), official "Team" accounts (SHR, Hendrick, Penske, etc) and a variety of drivers' wives to help keep me informed. Delana Harvick and Jeff Burton's wife are pretty good with updates, as is Samantha (Kyle's wife) Busch.

Last edited by Andre on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Andre wrote:
...given the nothing-but-shit attitude towards NASCAR that people have decided to adapt over the last few years (mostly because it's "cool", and "popular" and "hip" - some like to hate because they like being mad)...

It's popular because it's wholly warranted. And I won't go so far as to blame the journalists for NASCAR's list of problems, but their constant refusal to write any meaningful criticism with a bit of substance is no help. Fans have to be a little noisy about the bullshit when the people with viewership/readership won't say anything.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh I know the quality of the on-track product isn't nearly as consistently good as it used to be. I just choose to be angry about tangible things that deserve my anger, not things I have zero control over.

But that's just my viewpoint. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:52 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Quote:
Go FAS Racing announced that 21 year old, Iowa Native, Joey Gase will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut September 14th at Chicagoland Speedway in the #32 Ford. Gase has also been running the entire Nationwide Series schedule with #52 Jimmy Means Racing under the Donate Life colors to help raise awareness for the need of organ, eye, and tissue donation and to honor donors and their families. Gase is currently top 20 in Nationwide Series driver points. In August of 2011 Go FAS (Go Green) Racing also gave Gase his first NASCAR Nationwide Series start at Iowa Speedway where he finished 20th. "I am very excited and thankful that Archie and the entire team are giving me this opportunity," said Gase. "My Nationwide Series career started with Go FAS in 2011 which led to a great 20th place finish. Hopefully I can get another good finish with the team on the 14th in my first ever cup start." Joey and the team currently have a couple associate sponsors for the race but are still looking for a primary sponsor. "The team is working hard on finding a primary sponsor or two large associate sponsors for this race so we can give Joey a good shot and have a strong run," said team owner Archie St. Hilaire.

Um what......

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1687 688 689 690 6911059 Next