TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1922 923 924 925 9261059 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:32 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

racer612008 wrote:
Darrell Wallace Jr. to make Cup debut with Richard Petty Motorsports this weekend, subbing for Aric Almirola until he heals up. Roush Fenway Racing shutting down the #6 Xfinity team after this week due to funding.

Wow this is interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:41 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I bet Ford had a hand in facilitating this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wasn't the 6 car mostly unsponsored when Stenhouse was in it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
Wasn't the 6 car mostly unsponsored when Stenhouse was in it?

I believe so, same for Bayne for his first year in the car until Advocare moved from RCR

Only sponsor I remember being on that car during Stenhouse's time is Cargill / Blackwell Angus Beef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm legitimately looking forward to see what Bubba can do in the 43.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Robby fuckin' Gordon, people.

Quote:
Gordon to appear in court after Super Trucks incident

Robby Gordon is set to appear in a Darwin court today after being charged with dangerous driving following a Super Truck hooning incident in the Northern Territory city, Speedcafe.com has learned.

Footage has emerged of a Super Truck, driven by Gordon, performing burnouts and driving wildly on Mitchell Street during a promotional event at Lizards Bar on Saturday night.

The former IndyCar and NASCAR driver has been summoned to appear in Darwin Local Court today.

Northern Territory Police have impounded the truck, which was raced by Matthew Brabham during the weekend, for at least 48 hours under anti-hooning legislation.

The Stadium Super Trucks were on the support bill of the CrownBet Darwin Triple Crown Supercars event at Hidden Valley Raceway.

from here: http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/06/19/gordon-appear-court-super-trucks-incident/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

An update on that:

Quote:
Former IndyCar and NASCAR driver Robby Gordon has been fined more than $4,000 following a Super Trucks hooning incident in Darwin city centre.

The American pleaded guilty to four traffic offences including a dangerous driving charge in Darwin Local Court today after performing wild burnouts in the city’s entertainment precinct on Saturday night.

Footage of the incident emerged on social media which showed Gordon performing doughnuts on Mitchell Street during a promotional event at Lizards Bar.

The Stadium Super Trucks Series were on the support card at the CrownBet Darwin Triple Crown Supercars event.

Gordon, owner of the Stadium Super Trucks Series, has subsequently been fined a total of $4,150.

According to a report from The NT News, Judge Richard Coates said Gordon’s behaviour was ‘outrageous’ and could have resulted with him being jailed if he had any prior driving convictions.

“Yes you knew what you’re doing behind the wheel but you’re not supposed to be doing that kind of thing in a public place,” said Coates.

“I wish it was within my capacity to take away your professional drivers license because I think you should be punished by the organisation which permits you to drive on a racetrack.”

Gordon described his version of events outside of the court.

“I asked (the security guards) ‘Hey, think I can whip a couple of doughies?’ and they said ‘Hey, I don’t care’,” Gordon was quoted by NT News outside of the court.

“I spun two doughnuts and put it on the trailer.”

“I have to be honest, I’ve done stuff like this probably 200 or 300 times over my career, some cities promote it but unfortunately here in the Northern Territory they frown on it.

“If we come back next year obviously no doughnuts on Mitchell St.”

Gordon was asked by Coates to be reprimanded by race organisers for his behaviour.

“Well, I own the series, I make the rules,” he replied.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm having a hard time imagining Robby calling them doughies.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Billy Johnson will drive the #43 at Sonoma. He raced one of the Ford GT's at LeMans this past weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mittler gonna have a damn good chance at Eldora again this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:38 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

simonracer wrote:
An update on that:

Quote:
Former IndyCar and NASCAR driver Robby Gordon has been fined more than $4,000 following a Super Trucks hooning incident in Darwin city centre.

The American pleaded guilty to four traffic offences including a dangerous driving charge in Darwin Local Court today after performing wild burnouts in the city’s entertainment precinct on Saturday night.

Footage of the incident emerged on social media which showed Gordon performing doughnuts on Mitchell Street during a promotional event at Lizards Bar.

The Stadium Super Trucks Series were on the support card at the CrownBet Darwin Triple Crown Supercars event.

Gordon, owner of the Stadium Super Trucks Series, has subsequently been fined a total of $4,150.

According to a report from The NT News, Judge Richard Coates said Gordon’s behaviour was ‘outrageous’ and could have resulted with him being jailed if he had any prior driving convictions.

“Yes you knew what you’re doing behind the wheel but you’re not supposed to be doing that kind of thing in a public place,” said Coates.

“I wish it was within my capacity to take away your professional drivers license because I think you should be punished by the organisation which permits you to drive on a racetrack.”

“I asked (the security guards) ‘Hey, think I can whip a couple of doughies?’ and they said ‘Hey, I don’t care’,” Gordon was quoted by NT News outside of the court.

“I have to be honest, I’ve done stuff like this probably 200 or 300 times over my career, some cities promote it but unfortunately here in the Northern Territory they frown on it.

Gordon was asked by Coates to be reprimanded by race organisers for his behaviour.

Aussie lawmakers just like to suck the fun out of everything

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Speaking of Robby doing irresponsible things in race cars:

Couldn't find this video on YouTube, but luckily it was buried within the depths of one of my old hard drives. Sorry about the potato quality.

Also, I made the video unlisted. Don't want to get Robby busted or some shit

UPDATE: IT'S FIXED

Last edited by cArmAkAze on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:57 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I can't see the video so what's the point of posting the vid if it's set on private and we cant see it
Just saying not trying to make anyone mad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:05 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
simonracer wrote:
An update on that:

Quote:

Aussie lawmakers just like to suck the fun out of everything

The strangest thing is the Northern Territory is not a state of Australia and make their own laws.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Live coverage of Eldora Truck race moved to FOX Business Network, due to conflicts with soccer
http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/f ... ork-062317

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:59 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Camping World CEO isn't happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:56 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:03 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

One of the few NASCAR races worth watching and they move it to a network I haven't heard of until today. So it goes.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1922 923 924 925 9261059 Next