TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 716 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:28 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Epic battles in the K&N race,far better than the shit we'll see tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:26 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

BeaverDragon wrote:
markmartinfan wrote:
Darrell Wallace confirms my long standing opinion that he is an idiot

Except he's not haha.

Maybe I'm more bias against him than most but any Late Model race I've seen him in he's a weapon. He's got so much money backing him now he can tear up his stuff, and anyone else's, and not give a shit.

Overall the Late Model race went down exactly like I expected it to. The NASCAR celebrities got all the advantages, one of them did something stupid and took out half the field, then it all came down to who spent the most money. The faster these cars go the more money you have to dump into them to keep the competitive and most of the local drivers just can't compete with that. If the race is back at RIR next year I question if I will go back and I bet many of the drivers will be thinking the same thing. I saw a lot of this "it's all for charity" talk like it was just a "fun" race where nothing really mattered, but it did to the local drivers. It was still a race with big money on the line ($7,500 to win), and the same consequences you'd see in any other race. Hopefully all the drivers that got their cars torn up can get them fixed or else there's gonna be some shorter car counts at the local tracks. I just hope the race makes it back to a real short track next year because last year's race at Southside was amazing and as soon as NASCAR stuck their hand in this they screwed it up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Why isn't Ickler driving the 16 in the Nationwide race this weekend? I know Chris Buescher is another Roush driver but it seemed like an odd decision for Ickler to not get first choice at the ride.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

markmartinfan wrote:
BeaverDragon wrote:
markmartinfan wrote:
Darrell Wallace confirms my long standing opinion that he is an idiot

Except he's not haha.

Maybe I'm more bias against him than most but any Late Model race I've seen him in he's a weapon. He's got so much money backing him now he can tear up his stuff, and anyone else's, and not give a shit.

Overall the Late Model race went down exactly like I expected it to. The NASCAR celebrities got all the advantages, one of them did something stupid and took out half the field, then it all came down to who spent the most money. The faster these cars go the more money you have to dump into them to keep the competitive and most of the local drivers just can't compete with that. If the race is back at RIR next year I question if I will go back and I bet many of the drivers will be thinking the same thing. I saw a lot of this "it's all for charity" talk like it was just a "fun" race where nothing really mattered, but it did to the local drivers. It was still a race with big money on the line ($7,500 to win), and the same consequences you'd see in any other race. Hopefully all the drivers that got their cars torn up can get them fixed or else there's gonna be some shorter car counts at the local tracks. I just hope the race makes it back to a real short track next year because last year's race at Southside was amazing and as soon as NASCAR stuck their hand in this they screwed it up.

Racing always comes down to who spends the most money.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chris A wrote:
Why isn't Ickler driving the 16 in the Nationwide race this weekend? I know Chris Buescher is another Roush driver but it seemed like an odd decision for Ickler to not get first choice at the ride.

I don't think Ickler is part of the Roush stable anymore. Could be wrong though.

And as a reminder, NASCAR.com is offering free Race Buddy for the Nationwide race tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:11 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

BeaverDragon wrote:
Racing always comes down to who spends the most money.

I've seen good drivers take mediocre cars and run well with them. For Late Models, Richmond is just so big that having a top of the line car is far more important that who is actually driving it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Didn't see the K&N yet but LMs were great. Always love these low pressure, fun events and casual commentary to go with it, especially when they get Schrader in the booth.

Cartman wrote:
Kenny Wallace is right, Stewart should purposely start at the back in the Prelude to The Dream.

Maybe he won't bore us to death by dominating his own charity race every year.

I think he did start from the back last year. That's why Johnson won it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:20 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

markmartinfan wrote:
I saw a lot of this "it's all for charity" talk like it was just a "fun" race where nothing really mattered, but it did to the local drivers. It was still a race with big money on the line ($7,500 to win), and the same consequences you'd see in any other race.........I just hope the race makes it back to a real short track next year because last year's race at Southside was amazing and as soon as NASCAR stuck their hand in this they screwed it up.

I'd love for a local race with NASCAR drivers to not have gimmicky shit format-wise and with race control to go with it, but outside of Cup guys participating in established events it just doesn't seem to happen. Maybe the Kyle Busch CRA race at Berlin, but everyone else has to gimmick the shit out of it for no reason at all.

Maybe that's why everyone has monster trucks and shit like that too, I don't know...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:57 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Cup front row is Montoya and... Regan Smith?!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:41 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

smokyburnout wrote:
Cup front row is Montoya and... Regan Smith?!

Regan has been doing great in qualifying, Average qualifying effort of 7.8 not counting this race. His average finish though is 26.5 though sadly. I hope he can back it up soon and not have more shit happen to him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I can't watch these Nationwide races anymore... :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:04 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I enter to the forum after a long day at work, ready for some friday night racing, and I remember is the NWS race . :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I remember when in the late 90s and early 2000s, I actually looked forward to the Busch Grand National (and of course later just the Busch Series) races MORE than I did the Cup races. Not so much these days. There are no interesting personalities, the cars aren't that great, there aren't many cautions which lets the field get spread out easily considering the budget gap between each tier of teams, and everything just feels soulless and lifeless. To be fair, the fact that Speed's covering this race instead of ESPN does make it feel a LOT less sucktackular, but it's still pretty crap.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kenny's looking great tonight!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Will somebody please tell Michael Waltrip that the first line the drivers are sliding across is the commitment line, NOT the timing line like he keeps calling it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:34 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

8 second lead, 8 cars on the lead lap. At least we're almost halfway.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bires in the wall, Caution.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:36 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Kelly Bires has 2 races to save his career, and he wrecks. Wonderful.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:37 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Mikey had the balls to say "that's how competitive it is, that's how close they are," talking about the 15 cars 1 lap down.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow, Almirola takes the lead. Would be so fitting if he beats Denny for this one.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 716 Next