TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2789 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31140 Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

K_Sherman wrote:
Florida United Promoters Late Model Series schedule for this year.
http://www.floridaunitedpromoterslatemo ... edule.html

4 races at Desoto Speedway. 3 races at Auburndale. 3 at Citrus County. One at New Smyrna, one at Orlando Speedworld.

I didn't realize Orlando Speedworld was still open.
Also, I guess it gets a bit too hot down there in the summer because see there's nearly a 3 month break in the middle of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

markmartinfan wrote:
K_Sherman wrote:

4 races at Desoto Speedway. 3 races at Auburndale. 3 at Citrus County. One at New Smyrna, one at Orlando Speedworld.

I didn't realize Orlando Speedworld was still open.
Also, I guess it gets a bit too hot down there in the summer because see there's nearly a 3 month break in the middle of the season.
I know it hit 100 in the shade a few times last summer. Even still the practice sessions, at Auburndale at least, are always late afternoon into the evening on Thursday and Friday. I guess Saturday would be the day to worry about being outside all day.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:27 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

K_Sherman wrote:

Are you checking out Speedweeks at New Smyrna at all?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mobil1fan wrote:
Are you checking out Speedweeks at New Smyrna at all?

Probably not in the plans this year, I'd like to though. Never been to New Smyrna before but have driven past it going to Daytona.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This happened during late model practice at New Smyrna today.

Marc Jacobs is the driver. His car climbed the wall exiting turn 4 and flipped over. He was unhurt. The picture comes from speed51.com's facebook page.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:57 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

On behalf of Canada, sorry. The kid's parents are loaded, and the kid can't drive worth a shit. From what I understand, there may or may not have actually been an over/under pool going on by his LM competitors at his home track on when he was going to wreck the car for the first time this year.

EDIT: From what I understand, they bought a second car for his 14 or 15 year old sister to drive.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So they're the Canadian answer to the Morgans that graced Ginetta Juniors over here?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bunch of pictures from the Auburndale facebook page from Winternationals.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

23s is shawn buffington, he's from my local track. if the 88 is dave garbo jr, he's from my local track as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Beaver Dragon wrote:
23s is shawn buffington, he's from my local track. if the 88 is dave garbo jr, he's from my local track as well.

Yep, 88 is Dave Garbo Jr.

They ran a 50 lap feature last night and I Darrell Wallace Jr. was the winner.

Results from last nights race are on this page.
http://auburndaleracing.com/2182012results.html

And video from the race.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Beaver Dragon wrote:
if the 88 is dave garbo jr, he's from my local track as well.

Also, he won the Semi-Pro feature yesterday, battling Auburndale's Seth Adams.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And shit got pretty ridiculous on Thursday

The 148 of Mat Pappa and 18 of Evan Swilling collide going into 3. A few laps after the restart, they get into each other again, with much more disastrous results.

The first incident is at :45 in this video and the second is at 1:20. He missed the start of the wreck so it's hard to tell who's retaliating against who.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:08 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

http://hometracks.nascar.com/nwaas_news ... kly_Series

Quote:
Quebec’s Circuit ICAR Joins Weekly Series
Road Course To Host Whelen All-American Series Night Racing

By Paul Schaefer, NASCAR
March 1, 2012 - 4:30pm

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — A ground-breaking Canadian road course opens a new chapter in international NASCAR Whelen All-American Series history in May.

Circuit ICAR, a revolutionary multifaceted motorsports facility in Mirabel, Quebec will host night-time NASCAR road-course racing.

The Circuit ICAR complex is located 20 minutes north of Montreal, and NASCAR Whelen All-American Series racing is scheduled for Friday nights on a bi-weekly basis starting May 18.

“The addition of Circuit ICAR’s road course is a historic stride in the 31-year history of the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series,” said George Silbermann, NASCAR vice president, regional and touring series. “Marc Arseneau has created a facility and events that make Circuit ICAR a frequent destination for competitors and fans alike.”

International Center of Advanced Racing (ICAR) began motorsports operations on the site in 2007. The NASCAR Canadian Tire Series made its inaugural appearance at Circuit ICAR last year. Robin Buck of Campbellville, Ont., won the 30-lap, 63.67-mile event. The series and the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series will share a weekend double header at the track June 2-3.

“Circuit ICAR is proud to be the host of this new series in 2012,” said Marc Arseneau, Circuit ICAR president. “We are always looking for innovative ways to promote the world of motor racing in Quebec. This is an opportunity for Circuit ICAR to not only be the first to host the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series on a road course, but to hold the races at night on a lit track; that’s a first in North America. We fully intend to redefine the spectators’ overall experience with the help of our new high end infrastructure.”

The track’s NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Division I are Sportsman cars that will compete on the facility’s lighted 3.4-kilometer (2.113-mile), 15-turn road course. The Sportsman cars are marketed by Circuit ICAR and are similar to pavement Late Models found throughout North America. Eligible body styles include the 2012 Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro and Dodge Challenger. Other NASCAR divisions include Outlaw, Challenge Four Plus and Challenge Four.

Club International Sport Automotive (CISA) provides a ringing endorsement of the new Sportsman race cars. CISA is an affiliate of the Auto Sports Quebec (ASQ), a provincial motorsports governing body.

“As a managing body of this new series, we believe that this will offer an incredible opportunity to young drivers who wish to purchase a low cost race car and be part of a sport that is so often considered too expensive,” said Buddy Ford, CISA series manager. “The cars in this series are not only affordable but accessible to the general public. You can have a race track ready car for less than $40,000. This series offers fierce competition and a chance to be part of a renowned series and for the spectators, a fantastic show. This series is a real breath of fresh air for the motorsports fans.”

The NASCAR Whelen All-American Series is NASCAR’s national championship for weekly short-track auto racing. The series encompasses more that 50 speedways across the United States and Canada. Other Canadian NASCAR tracks in the series include Barrie Speedway, a .333-mile paved oval in Ontario and Edmonton International Raceway, a .250-mile paved oval in Alberta.

NASCAR-licensed Division I drivers are eligible to compete for NASCAR Whelen All-American Series championships and point fund awards at the track, province, state and national levels. Province and state champions also receive customized helmets and racing uniforms from series sponsor Whelen Engineering.

NASCAR-licensed drivers in each track’s NASCAR-sanctioned support divisions compete for points in the NASCAR Finalist program. The program brings added recognition to drivers in NASCAR Divisions II-V. Points are kept separately for asphalt and dirt tracks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thats interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:14 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

8O

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:48 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The SoBo 300 is the weekend and I'm looking forward to finally seeing some racing this season. Last weekend I was supposed to go down to Southern National Motorsports Park for their season opener but it rained out two days in a row. Just got a new onboard camera (GoPro HD Hero2) so I'm looking forward to getting some good onboard video as well as a couple other angles from around the track.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:54 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I never really noticed this thread until just now, but seeing as how a few of you appear to be familiar with New Smyrna Speedway you may find this interesting.

I (Brendan Langlois) will be making my first Pro Late Model start on the 24th of this month in the 100 lap season opener at New Smyrna. I'll be running the number 36 car for Tim Russell Incorporated.

Really looking forward to it, haven't been able to race anything the last couple of years because we haven't had to money, and sponsorship is pretty hard to come by these days. This is an amazing opportunity, TRI is one of the best late model teams around and it's an honor to drive for him. I'm also going to be buying a GoPro cam before the race so hopefully I can post all my onboard footage on here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Definitely, Tim Russell's equipment is a force to be reckoned with. He pretty much dominated the FUPS last year. Met him at the ARCA race in Lakeland few years back. Seems to be a pretty good guy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:09 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Brendan24 wrote:
I'm also going to be buying a GoPro cam before the race so hopefully I can post all my onboard footage on here.

If you get the newest GoPro cam (HD Hero2), I'd recommend getting a better microphone because the onboard mic on all GoPro cameras is just awful. The HD Hero2 has a microphone input jack on it, a feature the older cameras don't have. However, you can't plug it in through the waterproof case so you'll either have to buy the 'skeleton housing' from GoPro which has openings around all the jacks and ports or you could do what I did and just drill a hole in the (formerly) waterproof case. Also, when using a GoPro in a race car I'd highly recommend using the 720 60p setting. When using the 1080 30p setting, the vibrations will often cause a wavy, distorted, or 'jello' type effect that just looks terrible. Using the lower resolution and higher framerate will minimize this effect.

A couple shots of my modified camera:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:44 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Thanks for the suggestions, greatly appreciated. I might not be able to get the mic set up for this first race but I'll definitely be doing that at some point.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2789 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31140 Next