TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:33 pm 

cArmAkAze wrote:
Tom wrote:
I will concede that Kyle is a very talented driver.

But he's such a douche. Just like, a massive douche. And he tried to kill someone in a truck race. Properly. So why does he still have a license?

This, and only this, is a valid reason for disallowing him the championship IMHO.

Yours,

A thoughtful Nascar viewer.

An accurate depiction of a Nascar fan, who condemns Kyle for the one time he lost his mind, and conveniently forgets about Dale Earnhardt, who regularly tried to kill people during the time when Nascar drivers actually died.

I plead ignorance. I am massively ignorant.

Like, dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre wrote:
^^^ I said this during the Kenseth\Logano debacle, but aside from Richmond '86, when did Dale ever do what Kyle\Matt did?

Stick around til the end of the video, it has some real zingers in it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:12 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Lifted the suspension, return the 10 grant and reduced te fine.
Nascar wanted to preserve the integrity of the sport :lol:
That shows nascar in that perpesctive hasn't changed a lot in being inconsistent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:22 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The comments about Drivers and Teams championships are spot on with my thinking.

The manufacturers championship is worthless to viewers (although I see why it still exists). But there should definitely be a Teams championship and JGR and the #18 won it this year. The Drivers championship should not go to someone who missed 11 races.

And now i've written enough about it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:53 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
Tom wrote:

But he's such a douche. Just like, a massive douche. And he tried to kill someone in a truck race. Properly. So why does he still have a license?

This, and only this, is a valid reason for disallowing him the championship IMHO.

Yours,

An accurate depiction of a Nascar fan, who condemns Kyle for the one time he lost his mind, and conveniently forgets about Dale Earnhardt, who regularly tried to kill people during the time when Nascar drivers actually died.

Alternatively, this is most of Brad Keseslowski's fan base too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:19 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Tom wrote:
cArmAkAze wrote:
Tom wrote:

Yours,

I plead ignorance. I am massively ignorant.5

Like, dumb.

I will conclude I would've freaking hated dale Sr if I'd actually got to watch hI'm race

Signed, a non rose tinted glasses wearing non time travelling, earndhart missing NASCAR FAN

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The reason I don't like Kyle Busch is the guitar smashing incident at Nashville a number of years ago. That was a pretty shitty move.

That being said, it seems like in recent years he has matured. Especially with the birth of a child and the injuries he suffered at Daytona. In all honesty, I'm happier that he won than Harvick after the bullshit at Talladega.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:18 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The "mature" kyle busch talk makes me sick. The guy is 30, how long is it gonna take to mature, jesus christ.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Starlancer wrote:
The reason I don't like Kyle Busch is the guitar smashing incident at Nashville a number of years ago. That was a pretty shitty move.

That being said, it seems like in recent years he has matured. Especially with the birth of a child and the injuries he suffered at Daytona. In all honesty, I'm happier that he won than Harvick after the bullshit at Talladega.

That's exactly how I feel, and I've hated Kyle Busch with a passion for 6-7 years now. I can honestly say the result Sunday made me happier than if Harvick had won it after that shit he pulled at Talladega. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

There are people in this thread who ACTUALLY believe Kyle is any different from the dismissive asshole he always been.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sorry but 1 (or 2/3rds) "mature" year of Kyle Busch doesn't erase 10 years of being a complete dick. More time is needed before my opinion changes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I recall of him saying in 2008 that he would dominate Nascar first then try F1 to dominate either

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

For many years I went through a love/hate thing with Kyle. I really wanted to like him, but he kept doing irrational shit. I especially hated Kyle after what he did to Hornaday. Finally, a couple years ago I settled on liking Kyle, and he hasn't done anything to piss me off since. It was an especially hard decision to make though, seeing how I am a Chevrolet fanatic, but I'm glad I made the choice to be a Kyle Busch fan.

For the record, that makes my top three current favorite Cup drivers being Harvick, Stewart, and Kyle. If Montoya was still in Cup, he'd be up there too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm thankful for guys like Kyle in the sport, since I don't have anyone to like anymore, having people to hate is pretty much all there is left.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't much care for him, but I love stats. So it's kind of fascinating to see him rack up wins at such a rate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

He and his wife were going through something very similar to what my wife and I were going through in trying to have a kid (which I learned by reading Samantha's blog). It's pretty crazy and scary shit, and it gets to the best of us, and even I could be an asshole to people who didn't deserve it. Take what he was going through, the pressure of performing at the top level of his sport, and also his competitive nature, and you have the answer for Kyle's borderline insanity from 2010-2014.

I'm not going out to buy a Kyle Busch hat any time soon, but being able to relate to him through his tough personal struggle certainly doesn't hinder my opinion of him. And that's off the track - on the track, it's always been an undeniable fact that he's a frickin' beast, like him or not.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17