TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21199 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1535 536 537 538 5391060 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I could see Penske giving him a shot. Indycar/NASCAR ties and could easily put him in the 22.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Who's more hate-able? Denny or Kyle Busch? I'm starting to think Denny's wearing the crown.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kyle's been kind of under the radar for a while as far as off track stuff. It's only a matter of time before he wrecks somebody else in the Nationwide series for some trivial racing deal again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
I could see Penske giving him a shot. Indycar/NASCAR ties and could easily put him in the 22.

Anything to keep Villeneuve out the 22 is fine by me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:28 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

I hate every driver except JPM, Jaff and Bad Brad. And maybe Dale Jr.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
So let me get this straight. Hamlin drops the appeal saying he doesn't want to "drag this out" and all that... but then says he won't pay the fine either. What?

Hamlin said he didn't want the sort of publicity an appeal would bring, he's still not going to pay the fine, but NASCAR said they'd just dock his winnings which he seems happy not to fight. So Denny gets to make his point and NASCAR gets Denny to respect their authoritah. Surprisingly good resolution to a stupid issue IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

But the media will talk about it so he voided the whole I don't want to drag it out thought process.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/stor ... um=twitter

Damn...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That really sucks for Carl. NASCAR came down way too hard on him. IIRC, Carl got the engine straight from the manufacturer and didn't modify it himself.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is one of the very few times ill say NASCAR was in the wrong. Not for giving Carl a fine, rules are rules, but the amount is bullshit. And to think Hamlin is bitching over what is pocket change to him. You know what also irritates the fuck out of me, no one came to Carls aid. Wasn't it Carl that DW purchased his final Coke 600 ride from?? Help the dude out ffs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
This is one of the very few times ill say NASCAR was in the wrong. Not for giving Carl a fine, rules are rules, but the amount is bullshit. And to think Hamlin is bitching over what is pocket change to him. You know what also irritates the fuck out of me, no one came to Carls aid. Wasn't it Carl that DW purchased his final Coke 600 ride from?? Help the dude out ffs.

If I recall from Carl's website at the time, David Reutimann was the only driver to contribute anything to help. Can't recall how much though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:41 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And Reutimann later gets shitcanned by another Waltrip. Nice guys finish last in this sport, douchebags get the trophy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The August Pocono race has a sponsor now. :)

Quote:
LONG POND, Pa., March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pocono Raceway and Strike Ten Entertainment, the sponsorship activation arm of the bowling industry, jointly announce today a groundbreaking, multi-faceted partnership deal that brings together two of the nation's favorite sports brands: NASCAR and GoBowling.com, the official brand of bowling. For the first time ever, the 2013 and 2014 August NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races will be renamed the "GoBowling.com 400" as part of this freshly inked two-year sponsorship.

http://www.poconoraceway.com/pocono-rac ... g-com.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

.com sponsorships are 2000 as fuck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Woo bowling

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sporting News wrote:
Landon Cassill is suing BK Racing over what he alleges is $205,000 in unpaid winnings and other fees owed to him for racing for the team last year.

Cassill also is asking for an unspecified amount of money for not being told until mid-January that he would not drive for the team in 2013.

The lawsuit was filed last month in North Carolina Superior Court in Charlotte against BK Racing, which bought the assets of Red Bull Racing just prior to the 2012 season, and principal owner Ron Devine.

“I really hated to go the legal route but at the end of the day I’m ultimately asking to be paid what I earned last season,” Cassill said in a statement. “I was excited to race for BK in 2013 and was disappointed when my contract was not renewed for this season.

“But that’s racing. I raced hard for Burger King, Dr Pepper, Ron Devine and the BK Racing team and thought we were really making progress."

Adam Ross, a Charlotte attorney representing BK Racing, said that there is a dispute over what is owed to Cassill but would not go into specifics. The team has until mid-May to file a legal response to the lawsuit.

“There is a dispute of what is owed to Mr. Cassill under the contract, which include disputes related to Mr. Cassill's performance of his obligations,” Ross aid. “BK Racing and Mr. Devine had hoped to resolve those differences privately, amicably and without resort to the courts, but Mr. Cassill obviously felt otherwise.

“BK Racing and Mr. Devine are evaluating Mr. Cassill's claims and are in the process of formulating their counterclaims, which they expect to file in the coming weeks.”

The lawsuit states that a performance-based clause in Cassill’s contract included a minimum payout of $500,000 for the year. His total earned under that performance-based plan was $355,000, according to complaint, which did not identify the pay structure.

Cassill, who finished 31st in the Cup standings for the first-year team, claims he is owed $145,000 to make up the difference between the guaranteed payout and what he actually earned as well as $60,000 for other services rendered to the team.

Cassill also claims in the lawsuit that he was not told until Jan. 16 that he would not be the driver of the No. 83 car. He claims that BK Racing co-owner Ron Devine misled him into thinking he would drive the No. 83 since, according to the complaint, he sent a proposed pay scale to Cassill for 2013 just eight days before informing Cassill that he wouldn’t drive the car.

David Reutimann is driving the No. 83 car this year.

“(The team) intentionally deceived Cassill in order to ruin Cassill’s chances of finding an open position as a driver on another race team in the 2013 season,” Cassill’s lawsuit states.

Ross disputed whether Cassill was provided any assurance that he would be the drive for 2013. Reutimann had driven for the team in two races in 2012 while driving primarily for Tommy Baldwin Racing.

“Mr. Cassill's approach to resolving the parties' differences stemming from the 2012 season very much (influenced) BK Racing's decision-making, especially when coupled with David Reutimann's availability and his prior experience with BK Racing,” Ross said.

“Like all business deals, some take longer than others to finalize. This one ran closer to the start of the season that BK Racing would have hoped, but David has done a fine job to start the season.”

Cassill has landed a part-time ride for 2013. He has been driving for Circle Sport, which shares fielding the No. 33 Sprint Cup car with Richard Childress Racing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Soooo...apparently the Denny - Logano feud has been going on for a while. This is from the filming of the Coke family commercial. :lol:

Someone posted this on Reddit earlier and supposedly it's not shopped. Tony's FB page posted this pic a while ago when they filmed.

*edit*

Looks like it came from Joey's Instagram.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jeez Denny's a dick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Denny seems like he's a giant dick off the track... well starting to show up on the track too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I do wonder why Cassill was dropped by BK in the first place. I thought he did pretty well, looked quick on occasion, and has plenty of years to improve.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21199 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1535 536 537 538 5391060 Next